Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,099

SuperMarioFan96

Osmos $.99? Anyone who doesn't have it needs to buy it NOOWWWWWWW!!

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

JustAnotherUser

What do you guys recommend,
Death worm or super mega worm.

Super mega worm looks more apealing to me because of the graphic style.
But death worm has an analouge stick which looks like it would make moving easier.

JustAnotherUser

ASDFGHJKL

While Death Worm seems to offer more content, Super Mega Worm has a much better presentation. I personally got Super Mega Worm and I absolutely love it. Its the most WTF game ive played in a while.

ASDFGHJKL

CanisWolfred

I played the demo of both Death Worms and Super Mega Worm, and SMW was waaay more fun and refined. I dunno about the full games, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JustAnotherUser

Ok, thanks for your help.
Will most likely go for super mega worm.

JustAnotherUser

retired_account

Well the IB update lasted me all of one day, ha. I need GameCenter multiplayer dangit!

Added ya on Gameloft live ReddLionz. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

melvin2898

Hello. I'm getting an iPod Touch 4th Generation 8GB for Christmas. Is there anything I should know? Good apps/games to check out? Free games? Is it possible to view a list of every app?( I usually like to view everything)
Anyone ever tried that jailbreaking thing? Thank you.

Souls are for the weak. I flow with the darkness on the pathway of depression.

Twitter:

JustAnotherUser

Having a Jailbroken device depends on you, when Jailbroken you can customise the iDevice to endless possibilities
Please note it will void your warranty but a simple restore will make it valid again, so restore device from DFU mode if you are sending it in to repair, also don't mention anything about the jailbreak.

Another hint of warning, keep the headphone jack covered up because if any liquid reaches the strip in the headphone jack, your warranty is void... Also keep your device away from smoke as that will also void your warranty.

P.S. jailbreaking is legal in the US.

I recommend:

• Rayman 2
  • N.O.V.A
  • Sonic
  • Final Fantasy
  • Spirit
  • Inception
  • Minigore
  • Tilt to Live
  • Defend your Castle.

JustAnotherUser

retired_account

If you want a NOVA game then NOVA 2 is probably better, and it's only a couple bucks more. I haven't played it yet, though, just going by what I've seen.

Oh. And Infinity Blade. Get it.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Infinity Blade for sure
NOVA 2 or MC 2 if you are into FPSs
the Zenonia games are an amazing value. I'd recommend trying the first one first though. Huge deep retro action-RPGs that are a lot of fun.
Real Racing 2 from what I've heard is extremely good if you like racing.
Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope, Angry Birds, Monster Dash, Super Mega Worm are all fun cheap pick up and play games.
Secret of Monkey island if you want a fun story based adventure.
iBlastMoki is absolutely awesome. Fun physics based puzzler with tons of levels and online level sharing and making.
Jet Car Stunts is a crazy and fun "racing"/platforming game. very unique fun game.
Infinity Blade goes twice (I love this game )
Phoenix Wright is awesome and cheap on the App Store.
Chaos Rings is afun turn based JRPG from none other than Square Enix.
Any of CAVE's games for shmups.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

I think I actually liked Modern Combat 2 more than Infinity Blade. IB gets stale after awhile, but I can keep coming back to MC2 and still have fun with both the singleplayer and multiplayer.

Also, looks like all of Gameloft's iPad games went from 9.99 to 6.99. That's like 6 bucks I saved if those prices stay until I get some more cash, haha. Oh yeah, and Asphalt 6 is out too, but I think I'll pass on it; it looks kinda meh.

retired_account

melvin2898

Actually I read through all 20 pages. Someone made a high list on one of the pages and I looked up most of the games.
Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Cut the rope,Zenonia(Might get this on dsi), Tilt to live, Monster Dash, and a lot more look good. I read about those shooters. I hear the stories might be bad. Can I jump right into online?
Phoenix Wright I might get for DS. How does Sonic control on the iPod Touch?
I just want free stuff from the APPLE app store. Is it possible to use Jailbreaking for that?

Twitter:

JustAnotherUser

Yes, you just add another repo into Cydia (for legal reasons I will not mention which one) and search for hidden (search it for more details including repo)
However that is a form of piracy, it is useful for trying out a game that does not offer lite versions, also you can't update apps through the app store if they were aquired through hidden.

There are also emulators on cydia which is great for playing games you OWN.

Sonic controls pretty well, watch some video reviews for examples.

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

Moco_Loco

I know most people on this thread have iDevices, but if anyone has a higher-end Android phone Gameloft is giving away copies of Hero of Sparta free today only. It's been pretty buggy on my Droid (freezing and force close issues) but it might be worth checking out for free.

Go to www.gameloft.com on your phone and it will take you right to their HD games. Most of their games are not available through the Android Market.

Edited on by Moco_Loco

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

retired_account

People who pirate games suck.

@Melvin: Who plays shooters for stories? Gameloft's FPS's are awesome fun. And yeah you can jump online right away if you want, but you'll probaly get your a$$ handed to you. :3

retired_account

JustAnotherUser

@pixelman My thoughts exactly,
I also find people who mix in piracy with jailbreaking also suck.

anyway, N.O.V.A 2 looks amazing!
I can't wait until I get my next iTunes voucher ^^

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

SuperMarioFan96

melvin2898 wrote:

Is it possible to view a list of every app?( I usually like to view everything)

Considering there's hundreds of thousands of apps, that might not be in your best interest.

As for good games, Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Plants VS. Zombies and Cut the Rope spring to mind, but there's definetely more.

My Backloggery

ReddLionz

I know the best POINTLESS app! The Gun App. Best...app...EVAR!

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

melvin2898

Trust me I would read all of them.

Twitter:

SuperMarioFan96

melvin2898 wrote:

Trust me I would read all of them.

......let me repeat what I said......
HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS!!!!!!!!!! I want to say it's over 300,000 or something. And half of them will probably be stupid/broken/uneccessary. Regardless, I doubt there's a fill list. Not to worry, though; it's not hard to find games you will likely enjoy in the App Store!

My Backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.