Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,099

ASDFGHJKL

Mickeymac wrote:

I have a feeling it'll be $12.99 just because of the engine and because Square Enix got away with releasing again for that price.

I really doubt it will be that much. The engine is just a port (heck you can get it for free for non-commercial uses) and Epic/Chair already made it clear that it wont break the bank. Translated to the App Store, 13 bucks breaks the bank relatively. Chaos Rings is pretty good if you like console style RPGs, btw. The writing might be melodramatic but the game is pretty fun.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Reckless Racing is really pretty danged fun. It sadly lacks any sort of achievement or ranking system, so there's not much incentive for playing online other than having fun, lol.

I'd recommend picking it up while it's 99 cents. 5 bucks is a bit too much, I think.

retired_account

ReddLionz

I heard from PocketGamer that Real Racing is going to be adding online through GameCenter. Awesome!
But I actually like N.O.V.A's campaign mode. The online isn't great though. That's why I'm planning to get MC2 sometime.

EDIT: And yeah, I also got N.O.V.A. for $1, on the SummerSuperSale as I call it. Oh, and Madden 11 is also a buck. Just got it. .

Edited on by ReddLionz

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

CanisWolfred

ReddLionz wrote:

I heard from PocketGamer that Real Racing is going to be adding online through GameCenter. Awesome!
But I actually like N.O.V.A's campaign mode. The online isn't great though. That's why I'm planning to get MC2 sometime.

EDIT: And yeah, I also got N.O.V.A. for $1, on the SummerSuperSale as I call it. Oh, and Madden 11 is also a buck. Just got it. .

I like N.O.V.A.'s campaign, too. I think I bought it full price, though, but so far I'm getting my money's worth.

Also, if Street Fighter II is any indication of how fighters work on the iTouch, I'll probably skip SF4 App all together.

@GreeGabe

Okay, that's good to hear. Lets hope it stays under $10 at least. And if Ash weren't available for $5 and appeals more to my tastes, I'd pick up Chaos Rings in a heartbeat.

Anyone know if Song Summoner - Encore is worth the price?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ASDFGHJKL

I tried Street Fighter 4 on a friend's ipod and it works much better than the one in the Capcom arcade. I didnt get to play too much with it but its not that bad.

Yeah, Chaos Rings is pretty good. Its on the easier side, but its fun.

Im getting annoyed at Real Racing at the moment, for some reason it keeps erasing my data and i have no idea why...anyone else get this problem?

Still no sign of Infinity Blade

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

Mickeymac wrote:

I suggest just waiting for an update and hope that fixes it. Do you have the latest version already?

Yeah

Btw, still no IB

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

Real Racing hasn't been acting up lately after reinstalling, and Gamecenter still has all the score data. Just multiplied Pixy's Super Mega Worm's score. By still no IB.

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

pixelman wrote:

You're insane.

Ill take that as a compliment.

ASDFGHJKL

SuperMarioFan96

Gabe just crushed my all-time Fruit Ninja arcade score. What's your high score pix? Gabe's is over 600.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

ASDFGHJKL

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

Gabe just crushed my all-time Fruit Ninja arcade score. What's your high score pix? Gabe's is over 600.

Im on a crushing everyone's score marathon. Yes, I like Game Center

I got the best score in all three modes in Fruit Ninja last time I checked.

ASDFGHJKL

SuperMarioFan96

GabeGreens wrote:

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

Im on a crushing everyone's score marathon. Yes, I like Game Center

I got the best score in all three modes in Fruit Ninja last time I checked.

Oh, I didn't realize it displays scores for all of them online.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

ASDFGHJKL

Yeah, there are leader boards for all modes. You can find them on the Game Center app or in the game.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

My arcade high score is 593. Man I hope Fruit Ninja GC will let iPad and iPhone scores be shared, but I doubt it will. :/

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

If its not universal, then probably not. But I guess we will see.

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

Just found some info on Real Racing 2.

http://firemint.com/?p=3326

Includes a gameplay video (looks really good, just not IB good) and some info on the career mode. Now with real cars, currency, car modification, and more. Looks pretty good, looking forward as I loved the first one.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Looks like the main visual upgrade is lighting on the tracks. Looks better, but not mindblowing in the least. Hopefully it'll be under 10 bucks and a universal app.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Yeah, Real Racing looked mind-blowing when it came out on the older less-powerful hardware, especially since it's coming from such a small studio. But now it just looks good, and I'm sure it will be great.. Just not as good looking as Rage and IB

ASDFGHJKL

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.