Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,099

CanisWolfred

So I gave Asphalt 5 another chance, and it was alright. I'll keep the free version around, at least. I also gave N.O.V.A. another chance by trying the multiplayer, and it still sucks. I'll try the singleplayer again later.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ASDFGHJKL

Mickeymac wrote:

How much does Super Mega Worm usually cost?

Everytime Ive seen it its 1 buck.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

@MickeyMac: Yeah NOVA's online has always sucked. Like I said before, Modern Combat 2 is far better.

@Gabe: Yeah I have around 13 in mine, I think. I really hope IB isn't going to be over 5... There are a bunch of cheap games I'd like to DL that I haven't gotten around to yet.

Oh, and I'm going to go check your score and re-destroy it. :3

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

When it comes to online Mickey, MC2 is great. I heard NOVA's wasnt that good.

Good luck with that Pixy, I actually managed to finish the game in one life AND eat an astronaut God I love this game.

BTW, another cool thing bout Game Center is that it gives you the percentile of the overall leaderboards your in. Right now im in the top 5% of both Super Mega Worm modes

Edited on by ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

CanisWolfred

pixelman wrote:

@MickeyMac: Yeah NOVA's online has always sucked. Like I said before, Modern Combat 2 is far better.

Well, ypu're right about one thing: NOVA is way worse in Multiplayer. The singleplayer is fantastic, though. A wonderful Halo Clone indeed. It's still no proper substitute, but it'll be good enough until they finally release a portable Halo.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ASDFGHJKL

Haha! 73rd place worldwide in Time Attack mode in Super Mega Worm! Not to mention I ate the moon.

@Mickeymac, I thought you said it was lousy?

ASDFGHJKL

CanisWolfred

GabeGreens wrote:

Haha! 73rd place worldwide in Time Attack mode in Super Mega Worm! Not to mention I ate the moon.

@Mickeymac, I thought you said it was lousy?

I must not have been in the right mood when I played it last, since I stopped after the first level and it gets much better after that. Seriously, I couldn't put it down this time around. The aim assist surely helps. I didn't even mind the short puzzles they threw in to break up the action. Really, I think this might be a case where more effort was put in the MP than the singleplayer. I haven't had this much fun with a shooter since...well, Halo 2!

On a side note, does anyone know if they sell $10 point cards or whatnot for the App store? I'm thinking if I could get a $10 card, I could get Ash, Zenonia 2 before it stops being on sale, and Super Mega Worm, along with another $0.99 game.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ASDFGHJKL

Gameloft definitely has the budget and talent. All they need is originality

I havent bought NOVA, and I think I might skip to NOVA 2 which is supposed to improve on it and give it a MC@-like online. I do recommend MC2 which is also really good campaign and online.

ASDFGHJKL

CanisWolfred

One shooter is good enough for now, but I'll put it on my Backloggery wishlist in case I feel like getting another one before N.O.V.A. 2 is out.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

The lowest they sell is $15 cards, Mickeymac. :3

And GDI Gabe you are unstoppable. But in my defense, I haven't died yet either. Gonna go finish my run now.

Also, where the hell is Infinity Blade? I want to show off my iPad to relatives today!! >:[

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

SuperMarioFan96

I got NOVA while it was on sale for $1 (pretty good deal since it's usually AT LEAST $5). I haven't actually bothered to try multiplayer (not sure why....) but the single player was pretty good for $1. Don't know if it would cut it for $5 though....

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

outrun2sp

anyone played SF4 with deejay. Really good in it.

F Zero GX fan forever

ASDFGHJKL

Beat my score in Super Mega Worm. I think its a lost cause Pix

Still, where is Infinity Blade? All I want to know is a price!

ASDFGHJKL

JebbyDeringer

NOVA is ok but I find the FPS touch controls rather difficult.

Galaxy on Fire 2 is a lot of fun if you like space trading/battles. The side quests are a bit shallow and repetitive but despite that I've put almost 20 hours into it which is more than I can say for any other ios game I've played thus far. The game has kept me coming back for searching for upgrades for my ship and trying to make money buying and selling items. I'm not quite finished the main quest because I find if I do that too quickly then it kind of kills the rest of the game.

I also like Spirit HD for arcade action. I find it to be far better on the ipad though so I'm not sure I'd recommend it for the ipod/iphone. It's still somewhat fun but the larger screen gives you a much better view and makes planning your strategy much better.

Ashphalt 5 is alright, better than Need for Speed I would say though I like Real Racing the best of those 3. Reckless Racing is kind of fun but I haven't put much time into it yet. I like the 3/4 view perspective because it feels really retro despite the realistic 3D graphics.

JebbyDeringer

retired_account

I just bought Reckless Racing, and I recommend it for the 99 cents. :3

I'm counting on Infinity Blade being 9.99 or less now... I got just enough money in my account to cover it, plus tax.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

I'm playing through Real Racing again, still pretty good. I cant wait for Game Center matchmaking to get rid of the weird cloudcell tournaments.

ASDFGHJKL

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.