Forums

Topic: Games you disliked that everybody else liked.

Posts 101 to 120 of 242

Kyloctopus

Majora's Mask
I'm not a fan of Kirby, and I really dislike the Wario Land games.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Jani-Koblaney

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Super Mario Sunshine... It's just depressing to play...

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Kingdom Hearts for the PS2
I've been trying to play this game recently, and I just can't for the life of me understand why anyone could think this is a good game. I mean, I like the concept, and seeing Disney characters run around with you is cute, but the gameplay is just awful. The battling is too chaotic (especially when you're looking to use items like potions), the camera swings around so wildly you can hardly ever see what it is you're even trying to battle, the platforming is awful, the rail shooter aspect in the gummi ship is terrible as well, and, worst of all, the game oftentimes gives you almost no hints of what it wants you to do in a given environment. It has very nice (for the time it was released) graphics, a lovely soundtrack, and an intriguing premise, but the game is borderline unplayable at times.

The Gummi Ship part is terrible, but you're wrong on all other counts. The battles are actually quite controlled. I haven't the slightest clue how you can say otherwise. You rarely fight more than a few enemies at once, and it's easy to tell where they are and what they're gonna do. You also very rarely need to use potions. Donald Heals you pretty frequently, and you get your own heal spell fairly quickly. The camera takes some getting used to, but you eventually learn to control it like a boss once you've gotten the hang of it. The only time I can recall there being areas where I didn't know what to do was in Wonderland, and honestly, that was the point of Wonderland. It's a place where anything can happen. It just requires some experimentation. It also helps if you've seen the movie and know how it goes. Overall, the sense of discovery outways the time spent figuring it out. As for the platforming, again, once you get used to the camera, platforming becomes pretty easy.

Enemies swarm all over the place, even in one little area. Also, the enemy encounters are HORRIBLY repetitive. I can't walk five steps in an area without a new group of Heartless popping out of the ground to become a nuisance. Opening menus should pause in-game action. Instead, I have to run far away enough from a strong enemy that I can heal without getting tackled. And what's with the camera being controlled by the shoulder buttons, anyhow? Camera control is the sort of thing the dual analog sticks are perfect for.
Nothing in the game, gameplay-wise, has been enjoyable thus far. The opening island segment was a series of obnoxious fetch-quests, combined with extremely frustrating platforming. After you get to that town where you figure out what's going on, you have to run all over the place trying to figure out how to run in to Donald and Goofy. And then there was the HORRIBLE Wonderland level.

I plan on finishing the game, if only to be able to counter accusations that I haven't played enough of the game, but I've found nothing enjoyable about this game thus far (gameplay-wise, I mean).

Oh, also, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity demo was just plain boring. I'd rather play that awful Monster Hunter 3 demo.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Gamesake

Ralizah wrote:

Kingdom Hearts for the PS2
I've been trying to play this game recently, and I just can't for the life of me understand why anyone could think this is a good game. I mean, I like the concept, and seeing Disney characters run around with you is cute, but the gameplay is just awful.

Kingdom Hearts gameplay is pretty mindless and the original was a real chore to finish.

Ralizah wrote:

Also, I've played Bethesda games for years and have never encountered any bugs in them. It's quite weird, like I'm the only person who wasn't invited to a party, even if that party turned out to have sucked.

I played the Elder Scrolls to completion on the Xbox with no problems that I remember. I had a friend playing the same game and his froze up while saving. He says he lost so much progress he'll never play it again. I guess I have to consider myself lucky.

...in my pants.

CanisWolfred

Just FYI: Enemies won't stop you from moving forward. Just in case you didn't know. It's helpful to fight most enemies, but you don't have to. And battles become more fun once you get more special attacks and magic.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

Gamesake wrote:

Kingdom Hearts gameplay is pretty mindless and the original was a real chore to finish.

I played the Elder Scrolls to completion on the Xbox with no problems that I remember. I had a friend playing the same game and his froze up while saving. He says he lost so much progress he'll never play it again. I guess I have to consider myself lucky.

I'm hoping it becomes less of a chore later on. At least now I know why I dropped it like a hot potato when I first tried it years and years ago.

Maybe the difference is that I play all Bethesda games on PC, and never right after they're initially released ($60 is too much to pay for a video game, I'm sorry).

CanisWolfred wrote:

Just FYI: Enemies won't stop you from moving forward. Just in case you didn't know. It's helpful to fight most enemies, but you don't have to. And battles become more fun once you get more special attacks and magic.

I know, but I can't do that. I'm extremely OCD about doing everything in a certain area before moving on.

Hopefully. Like I said, I'll play the game to completion, which should give me a good sense if this game is just a VERY late bloomer or if this series just isn't for me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

Also (in KH), you can map spells to a shortcut menu. Just keep Cure (or it's successors) in there, and you shouldn't have to deal with the unwieldy nature of the full menu at all.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Mickey

Metal_Sonic wrote:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

This isn't the "State games you disliked then recieve a counter-arguement" Topic, It's the "Games you disliked that everybody else liked" Topic. Nobody is wrong here.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Ludicoloishome

quite alot
zelda (all 3D ones atleast)
secret of mana
final fantasy 7
god of war
uncharted
LBP
pokemon 4th gen & up BESIDES CONQUEST
95% the ps3 library
tales of ________ (all)
2D mario games besides 1,3, world and wii u
eldar scrolls
fallout
gta
CALL OF DUTY ALLLLLLLL

Ludicoloishome

Yulo303

Super Princess Peach. Although I like peach I hate that game. It's too... I don't know how to explain:X Anyways I just can't seem to play it more than 5 minutes lol(no idea if "everybody liked it" though)

Yulo303

Tasuki

Chrono_Cross wrote:

but to be brutally honest, I'll never understand how people can enjoy the Borderlands franchise.

If you dont mind me asking whats wrong with the Borderlands franchise?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

iwanttodie

Cyb3rnite wrote:

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AzureFashionist

Fire Emblem Awakening... It just doesn't deliver as a SRPG for me. I ended up playing through half of the darn thing and it still didn't hit me as "amazing" or "best 3DS game."

Now then...

Different franchise and hardware but there really isn't anything else for me in terms of SRPG considering this is my biggest guilty pleasure. Oh god... Those mechs...

Edited on by AzureFashionist

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ♥
Formally known as "AzureFashionista" but I'm one letter short... Life's hollow.
Also formally known as "Meat Shield."
Friend Safari: Dragon: Gabite, Sliggoo, Fraxure.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7775-4464

Undead_terror

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, played the demo and did not like, would of been nice if it was more of a free roam.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

HawtWingz wrote:

Fire Emblem Awakening... It just doesn't deliver as a SRPG for me. I ended up playing through half of the darn thing and it still didn't hit me as "amazing" or "best 3DS game."

Now then...

Different franchise and hardware but there really isn't anything else for me in terms of SRPG considering this is my biggest guilty pleasure. Oh god... Those mechs...

I'm impressed there's someone else on this site who cares about the SRW series. I really gotta grab that new OG game, but I don't have $100 to drop on it yet.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

OptometristLime

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Metal_Sonic wrote:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

This isn't the "State games you disliked then recieve a counter-arguement" Topic, It's the "Games you disliked that everybody else liked" Topic. Nobody is wrong here.

Indeed, the thread stands on those grounds.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Chrono_Cross

Tasuki wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

but to be brutally honest, I'll never understand how people can enjoy the Borderlands franchise.

If you dont mind me asking whats wrong with the Borderlands franchise?

Nothing specifically beyond the fact it's a sensation, it created its own genre and is unbearably boring.

It's like Zelda where you're thrown into a vast world, given an objective and you progress. Except, unlike Zelda, the world is as dead as the enemies you headshot. Throughout my time it felt repetitive completing a slightly different mission, killing the same spawned enemies I killed for the twentieth time four hours beforehand and coming off unfulfilled.

Borderlands is a first person role playing game in which you collect and grind. That's it. I wanted to like it but it's very difficult to tolerate the smell of manure.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.