Forums

Topic: Games you disliked that everybody else liked.

Posts 121 to 140 of 242

CanisWolfred

I can understand that if you're not in Borderlands for the guns, you probably won't like it...but seriously, they hammered that single point in for quite a while. I'm surprised you bothered playing it in the first place if that wasn't what you were specifically interested in.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

CanisWolfred wrote:

I can understand that if you're not in Borderlands for the guns, you probably won't like it...but seriously, they hammered that single point in for quite a while. I'm surprised you bothered playing it in the first place if that wasn't what you were specifically interested in.

If the main selling point is the variety if guns, then that's just, well, awful.

I was expecting a fun game nothing more.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

Well, awful in your opinion. In my opinion, it's the major factor that makes the game fun. For the record, I'm not saying you have to like it, but I'm just trying to make you understand the appeal.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

I'm not sure if I understand entirely. Though, I do understand your tone and I accept it for what it is. lol

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Dizzy_Boy

Kid Icarus uprsing was spoiled by an annoying control scheme.
Monster hunter 3 wii. The constant grinding just bored me.
Okami, again the grinding was just too much after a while.
Sengoku Basara wii, this got repetitive really quickly. Hack and slash games just aren't fun.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

@dizzy_boy - ...g-grinding? In Okami? Dude, you never had to fight outside of dungeons. What reason would you ever have to grind for anything? You get all your experience from completing missions. Never from the actual fights. You find most of your supplies in the overworld. When do you ever use money? The best weapons in the game are found. The techniques are entirely optional. WHY WOULD YOU EVER GRIND?!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

My biggest regret playing Okami was wasting time with irrelevant battle. Especially in Taka Pass when I somehow got stuck.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Freelance

@Chrono_Cross, I dunno you and you dunno me, but wow, we have the same opinion about Borderlands. Yes, the whole hype about having a huge variety of guns is well known, but wow, the guns pretty much all looked the same, just with different stats. That's not what I was thinking of when I see the word, 'variety.' I was expecting a buttload of different varieties of guns, not a buttload of the same guns with different stats. The game itself isn't that much fun either. Right now I'm just trying to finish it so I can delete it and clear up space on my hard drive.

I can give a list of games I've liked that nobody likes much, but not the other way around. Lots of games that 'everyone likes' are the ones I've never played so I can't say I dislike them if I haven't played them.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

SammyOfMobius

Call of Duty (too lame), Doodle Jump (too hard), Cave Story (too confusing), Pokemon (too boring), Batman Arkham City (BOOOORRRRIIIINNNNGGGG), Bioshock (so overrated), and so many others that I'll die listing them all.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Zombiz

Anything to do with Wrestling or Football. I'm a more adventure, zombie - slaying, survival kinda gamer. meh!

Osc-Sync

Portal/Portal 2 - I find those games to be some of the biggest bores in gaming history! All the puzzles are really simple and the dialog isn't all that good as well...WOW! A sadistic and sarcastic robot! Woo! Let me get my party hat and celebrate this new invention(!)

Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I know! I know! Hear me out! The very first time I played it (I don't know why I'm going to admit this, but I am) I got stuck...in the Great Deku Tree dungeon...I was 4 years old! Even though I've beaten it now (the game I mean) I still don't see the appeal.

Little Big Planet - Just...ughhh...

And pretty much any first person game, that ISN'T Metroid Prime or Team Fortress 2!

Osc-Sync

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7690-8749 | Nintendo Network ID: Mystotakun | Twitter:

KingDunsparce

Bankai wrote:

I wondered how long it would be for the ultra hardcore gamerz to start infesting this thread by listing every popular iOS game made.

I'm assuming that Jetpack Joyride and Flight Control are next in line?

I just mentioned Angry Birds and Temple Run Those are the only ones I dislike. (well, moreso think they are overrated). I am pretty fond of Jetpack Joyride though.
@Osc-Sync I got stuck in the Deku Tree dungeon when I was little too

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

SubBronze

I feel that I need to get involved in this Borderlands discussion, cause it is one of my favourite games. If you are playing the game by yourself, it is not going to be nearly as fun than it is when you are with friends. Alone, its a pretty good shooter with RPG elements. But with friends on mics, then it becomes a whole lot more fun, because co-op was the main focus of the game, followed by the guns. Seriously, I can't describe it, but for me it was one of the most fun games of this generation. if you haven't played co-op with friends yet, I say you can't really knock it yet because you are missing the whole point of the game.

Anyway, back on topic, any game which is on iOS and Android except Age of Zombies and Plants vs Zombies, those games so much fun, but the PSN and PC versions are so much better. Other than those two, I cannot think of a phone game I would ever consider worth my time.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

kkslider5552000

Osc-Sync wrote:

Portal/Portal 2 - I find those games to be some of the biggest bores in gaming history! All the puzzles are really simple and the dialog isn't all that good as well...WOW! A sadistic and sarcastic robot! Woo! Let me get my party hat and celebrate this new invention(!)

You know this is not invalid for your opinion. This is invalid for pretty certainly not getting why Portal is a well made game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

Portal 1 had simple puzzles up until near the end, but Portal 2 was pretty well-thought out. But yeah, it was the atmosphere, story, and characters that made the Portal games worth playing, as far as I can tell. I also find it hard to believe you didn't like the dialogue, unless you purposely forced yourself to dislike it so you could have something to hate about it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.