Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Games you disliked that everybody else liked.

Showing 241 to 249 of 249

AuthorMessage

WildMan

241. Posted:

Majora's Mask: I can't exactly pinpoint why, but I just don't like this game. It doesn't have the charm of the other Zelda games and the time aspect annoys me greatly.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

242. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@WaveBroDude be prepared for unlimited lives, short levels, easy bosses and no real replay factor ;)

Gotta love them New Super Mario Dejavu Bros. What's the point of even collecting coins or hiting up the mushroom houses when the game is constantly throwing 1-ups and powers up in your face?

Oh well. NSMB.U still looks like the tastiest stale cheeto out of the beaten bag!

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Kaeobais

243. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@Kaeobais

Exactly! I'm just suprised that Nintendo would actually let something like this slide. 4 games reusing the same visual asthetics, music, sound effects, power ups, Worlds, you name it. It's basically one big giant game split into 4 with some cute 'n spiffy alterations. :p I haven't played NMSB.U yet, but it looks to be more of the same. I miss the days of 1, 2, 3 and World. Those games were so different from one another(especially 2, my personal favorite) and the impact they all had on the industry completely cripples the unexciting & unimaginative NSMB. series. I really hope Nintendo dumps the 'New' series and gives us something entirely different for the next sequal.

It's most prominent in NSMBU, being that it's the first HD Mario game, and it looks EXACTLY like NSMBW, save for less aliasing and nicer backgrounds. The music is identical to the others, the worlds are the same, and you'll never get a game over. That said, the levels are mostly well designed, and this one does have two extra features. One is "Boost Rush", in which the level constantly scrolls, and everytime you collect about 10 coins, the level scrolls faster. It gets really intense, and it's bloody good fun, but it's only got a few select "packs" (about 7 or so, each with about 3 levels), not all levels are playable like this.

Second, is the Challenge Mode. It's just a variety of different challenges, ranging from "Beat a level without collecting any coins," "Gain as many 1ups as you can by jumping on 3 drybones repeatedly," "Get through a moving platform level without letting Monty Mole die" and other clever and unique challenges, and then some time trials and such. These challenges are really fun, and best of all, actually challenging. It's incredibly tough to get gold on most of them, which is a nice change from the too-easy nature of the main game.

The addition of Challenge and Boost mode are great, and are a huge step in the right direction. But with the same art style and music, despite being on a brand new, HD platform, it's hard to feel like much has been accomplished.

Edited on by Kaeobais

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

AuthorMessage

Squid

244. Posted:

Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, it's easily my least favorite of the Kirby games. No other Kirby game has made me more frustrated and confused than that one. Most of my biggest gripes are the same as NL's own review of the game. I honestly don't know how anyone can like the game, and you have to have a huge control on your temper if you don't get angry at it. The map is confusing, so progression is not made easy. The AI is frantic and strange and rarely useful. It is also extremely irritating how getting hit even once with full health makes you drop your copy ability. At least in previous games, you lose the ability after getting cut down to half health. In this one, you're expected to never get hit once if you don't want to lose the ability at all. Not to mention, the abilities in the game aren't very great, but that's anyone's opinion.

While it's not bad enough for me to say I 'dislike' it, I have had my share of complaints about Kid Icarus: Uprising. The controls for Pit on the ground can be a chore to use, as he is a little unresponsive. The power-up usage on the touchscreen is also extremely terrible, and can and has ruined the gameplay, especially if you're playing multiplayer and need to think quickly. Flicking your stylus frantically for the right boost while also trying to concentrate on the top screen in the midst of battle is not a good gameplay experience, at all. The game also has a sometimes excruciating amount of hand-holding, to the point of it being absolutely unnecessary. But it's still a good game, don't get me wrong. I just think the biggest problems in the game have been majorly overlooked and ignored.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

bin70

245. Posted:

Metal_Sonic wrote:

Majora's Mask: I can't exactly pinpoint why, but I just don't like this game. It doesn't have the charm of the other Zelda games and the time aspect annoys me greatly.

Of all the zelda games, Majoras Mask is the one that took me the longest to get into.
But its quality does shine through if you persevere with it.

Edited on by bin70

bin70

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

246. Posted:

I don't enjoy the original Legend of Zelda or Metroid. At all.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

247. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I'll say that they're difficult to get into, that's for sure. That said, they're two of the more satisfying games you could ever play if you can get into it.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

248. Posted:

LostWinds comes to mind. It was pretty and I don't remember the game doing anything especially poorly, but I still found it to be a relentlessly boring experience.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

249. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I'll say that they're difficult to get into, that's for sure. That said, they're two of the more satisfying games you could ever play if you can get into it.

I've tried many times with Metroid, I really don't enjoy it.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!