Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Creation Challenge Thread [Voting for: Time Limits, New Theme: Pink Coins, Deadlines: April 3rd]

Posts 201 to 220 of 363

LavaTwilight

There were loads I had wanted to vote for or give an 'honourable mention' to, but alas we can only vote for one (I've already given my vote). And here is my entry for the next challenge: Items

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

crimsontadpoles

SuperWiiU wrote:

I'm voting for @crimsontadpoles - Ghoulish Grudges. A long level with two different versions of the level to play through, and both are fun and well made.

Thanks for the vote

Here's my level for the items theme:

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

ecynet

iBazly wrote:

My vote for the Halloween levels goes to @ecynet and Ghostly Ruins. Dang that level was amazing! First level I've actually downloaded and saved because I need to just... have it... so good!

WoW thank you so much for that! Im speechless...

This is my entry for the "ITEMS THEME", you have to avoid at all cost the p-switch item...

And my vote goes to: @Ordepro - Cap'n Toad & The 3 Golden Coins, felt like halloween.

ecynet

3DS Friend Code: 4656-9098-2425 | Nintendo Network ID: ecy.net | Twitter:

MasterWario

I'm voting for @crimsontadpoles Ghoulish Grudges as well. To be honest, most of the levels this time irritated me in some way (probably due to me being impatient), but crimsontadpoles had a idea that I liked in particular, so I used that as my deciding factor. If only I didn't die right at the end...
Honorable mentions to Journey Through The Lost Castle and Ghost Ship in the Sky.

Thanks for the vote LavaTwilight! A fair level is always something I strive for; hearing that it turned out that way is awesome!

Don't think I have an entry this time around...I made one level since the update but it doesn't fit the theme other than using scaling power-ups.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

SuperWiiU

MasterWario wrote:

I'm voting for @crimsontadpoles Ghoulish Grudges as well. To be honest, most of the levels this time irritated me in some way (probably due to me being impatient), but crimsontadpoles had a idea that I liked in particular, so I used that as my deciding factor. If only I didn't die right at the end...
Honorable mentions to Journey Through The Lost Castle and Ghost Ship in the Sky.

Thanks for the vote LavaTwilight! A fair level is always something I strive for; hearing that it turned out that way is awesome!

Don't think I have an entry this time around...I made one level since the update but it doesn't fit the theme other than using scaling power-ups.

If it uses items in any way, it technically qualifies. So why not enter it so we have a decent amount of levels this theme.

Zyrac

I vote for @Chandlero's Ghosts in the Machine.

Don't have an entry this time, sorry. I had an idea for the theme, but it didn't get done because, well, I'm occupied during the week and lazy during the weekend. I will try harder next time!

Zyrac

Twitter:

MasterWario

@SuperWiiU: Very well then, here's my entry.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

iBazly

I'm so good at deadlines guys /sarcasm

So it looks like the winners for the Halloween levels are @Ordepro and @crimsontadpoles. Good job everyone, I think all the levels this time around were really stellar, which is definitely reflected in the votes! Almost everyone got at least one vote and even those that didn't were still mentioned in posts!

As for the "Items" theme, the submissions are below! Let me know if I missed any. I went through the posts twice and only found seven entries, which is low compared to previous themes.

@mrichston - Muncher Machines - A72D-000-00DC-3E53
@SuperWiiU - Cat-Peach Land 1-1 - 1F25-0000-00E9-E5B9
@iBazly - Yoshi's Item Gallery - 5F8C-0000-00E8-C4B9
@LavaTwilight - The Trials of Mario - BB37-0000-00EA-2474
@crimsontadpoles - Item Decisions - 840F-0000-00EA-A5A6
@ecynet - P-Castle - 9AB1-0000-00D6-A49C
@MasterWario - Not Your Everyday Stroll - 8D70-0000-00DA-1F9F

Voting for the Items themes is now open, and the NEW theme is: Bowser Battles. I figured since we had a couple of themes now that lend themselves more to puzzling and platforming, I would put in a theme with at least some enemy focus - but that still leaves enough room to be anything you want it to be! Voting and new submissions need to be in by November 29.

Edited on by iBazly

Deleteme

Boss battle entry!!! I tried to come up with an unique boss battle, nothing too hard!

Deleteme

mrichston

I didn't do actual flying level in flying theme, so here it is. Also has bowser (jr.) battles, but in air.

eXtremeHippo

Can I enter this?

Wet and Dry: W6C-N1X-NGG
Super Floatdown Mario: NNJ-VW3-TXF
Rising Tides: DJX-B8R-3QF
Bowser's Bob-omb Factory: LGN-FM1-PSG

LavaTwilight

One vote for Crimson's Item Indecisions please. My bowser boss battle entry will be up soon but I've reached my level submission limit I need more stars...

SuperWiiU

I vote for @iBazly - Yoshi's Item Gallery. Although I did get stuck and had to restart the entire level(you can't do a restart to a checkpoint when you're stuck and can't die), I really liked the idea and design.

@LavaTwilight: How many stars do you need? We might be able to help.
@eXtremeHippo: If it has a bowser battle of some sort it should be fine even it is an older level, they haven't been excluded before.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Chandlero

SuperWiiU wrote:

(you can't do a restart to a checkpoint when you're stuck and can't die).

That is something that Nintendo should fix. Actually, I tried some hard levels and I was so happy to get the check point. But after several dies, I was lost in thought and pushed the "restart" button. What a mistake... The button doesn't send you to checkpoint...

SuperWiiU

Chandlero wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

(you can't do a restart to a checkpoint when you're stuck and can't die).

That is something that Nintendo should fix. Actually, I tried some hard levels and I was so happy to get the check point. But after several dies, I was lost in thought and pushed the "restart" button. What a mistake... The button doesn't send you to checkpoint...

Definitely, I often use the restart button because it's quicker than just waiting for the game to bring you back. Now I can't use it anymore everytime I reach a checkpoint.

crimsontadpoles

Thanks for the votes everyone.

I'm voting for @mrichston for the Muncher Machines level. The puzzles took me a long time to figure out, but they were very clever and well thought out.

LavaTwilight wrote:

My bowser boss battle entry will be up soon but I've reached my level submission limit I need more stars...

I've gone and starred your older levels since you needed some. I've been meaning to check out the other levels of everyone here, but never have time for it.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

LavaTwilight

Thanks Crimson, I've seen them and I've played and starred a couple of yours but I will get to the others. I've noticed mrichson also has starred my courses. Thanks for the constructive criticism. I have 47 stars now in total so just need a few more. I wont expect a star if you genuinely think my level doesn't deserve one so don't feel pressured to just throw stars at me. Thanks again though.

Zyrac

Think I'm gonna vote for @LavaTwilight's The Trials of Mario, mainly because I feel it made the best use of the theme. This was a tough one, though, and other entries were fantastic in their own ways!

I think I know what I'm gonna do for this new theme. Just gotta find the time...

Zyrac

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.