Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker Level Creation Challenge Thread [Voting for: Time Limits, New Theme: Pink Coins, Deadlines: April 3rd]

Posts 181 to 200 of 363

Zyrac

I understand why the hitboxes are the way they are - you just gotta aim like you're trying to stomp them. But it can still get really irritating.

The update should be live in a day or two. Here's the article from last week; make sure you know how to access the new stuff.

Zyrac

Twitter:

MasterWario

In regards to the update, be aware your codes will change if you re-publish the level you submitted for the Halloween theme.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

iBazly

MasterWario wrote:

In regards to the update, be aware your codes will change if you re-publish the level you submitted for the Halloween theme.

I did not think of that! Very good point. Maybe if people update their levels they can post in here and let me know so I can update the lists. Please only do it though once you have finished updating all the contest levels you plan to update, so you can do it in one message. Also please do not update your Halloween level until the voting is over, so there is no chance of someone missing your level.

So just to clarify. If you are only updating one of the levels you have submitted to this thread, then do so and let us know. If you plan to update multiple please try to repost all at once, so you can let me know in a single post that you have reuploaded. And again, please leave the Halloween levels alone until after the voting is complete. Or at least don't take the current ones down.

Edited on by iBazly

Undead_terror

Trying out the levels now, so far the first level I chosen randomly (not pointing any fingers) was rather confusing so I gave up on that one, will pick my vote soon!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

MasterWario

@Undead_terror: I would guess it's mine since it's meant to be confusing, but perhaps someone else has a confusing level out.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Chandlero

MasterWario wrote:

@Undead_terror: I would guess it's mine since it's meant to be confusing, but perhaps someone else has a confusing level out.

Ghost houses have to be confusing at some point
I really enjoy that and the Halloween levels here are all quite good. My vote will come when I have played through all of them.

Edited on by Chandlero

Undead_terror

Congrats @Ordepro ya got my vote, ya made a nice little themed level that was enjoyable and fitted in with the Halloween theme, the difficulty level is fine, found the 3 coins, went back for a second time just to see if I missed anything, other then that it was a good time.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

@SuperWiiU is right. Sorry about that, @mrichston . Children could've come across it, and given some of the things suggested in the stage (I used comments to give it more of an atmosphere), I decided that maybe this wouldn't be a good idea.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

SuperWiiU

NintendoFan64 wrote:

@SuperWiiU is right. Sorry about that, @mrichston . Children could've come across it, and given some of the things suggested in the stage (I used comments to give it more of an atmosphere), I decided that maybe this wouldn't be a good idea.

You could've removed the comments and left the level up though. And some people have comments turned off, so the effect would've been lost on them.

@iBazly: I didn't think the blaster section was hard at all. I lost one life there and that was just because I was rushing it too much.

EDIT: I've made an updated version of my Halloween theme level. Obviously doesn't count for the competition(Halloween nor Item), but I wanted to share it here anyway:

A few downsides: You can only use two checkpoints(one for each area) and if you use two checkpoints you need to clear the level three times before uploading; once from the start and from the two checkpoints.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

LavaTwilight

@MasterWario: my vote is for the Abandoned Sawmill. A lot of the levels were great and I wish I could vote for another but I just love the way it keeps u on your toes without feeling unfair.

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

Chandlero

I vote for @LavaTwilight - Ghost Ship in the Sky - 8CF3-0000-00C3-52ED.

The level was refreshing new and very funny. Often there were many enemies and bones on the screen but it was never unfair. I really liked how the level looks and how the ship and ghost part were connected. I personally would change some details but I had so much fun that my vote is yours

SuperWiiU

crimsontadpoles wrote:

There's multiple levels I'd love to vote for, but my vote will go to @Zyrac for The Scary Doors. I love how each room was its own self-contained challenge, while also forcing the player to react quickly.

I liked that level too, but I disliked the slow waiting section(between turtles and spinning ghosts) you have to go through each time you die(which is more likely after that part).

I'm voting for @crimsontadpoles - Ghoulish Grudges. A long level with two different versions of the level to play through, and both are fun and well made.

iBazly

I'm still figuring out who to vote for - haven't had a chance to sit down and play all of the Halloween levels, though I have played a couple. Wanted to get my level for the "Items" theme, so here it is:

Will have my vote in tomorrow!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.