Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 921 to 940 of 10,277

romulux

Tech101 wrote:

Come on seriously 9 hero deaths on our team to there one and we still almost one. Nice one Romulux! !

i had just unlocked the anova (which is why i backed out that once) and it's pretty wicked, i was making a mess of people. my advice for anyone when they unlock it is not to put the ACOG scope on even though it works well in heroes, because the non-heroes gun doesn't kill fast enough to make up for how much it sprays. the reflex sight tames the recoil a lot more. next up, strata....

tech, it must suck spending all this time leveling up on a different wii, you'd probably be near the same level as i am by now!

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

brad22

RDB wrote:

brad22 wrote:

help guys im new to the online side of gaming i need friends my code is 0251190049078

Tried to add you brad, but you have one to many numbers listed.

sorry about tht guys its 025190049078 im on alotta the time and i will add everyone when i get the invite thnks

goldeneye:025190049078
cod 313009107783
or ipod text @ 8035429515
or find me on facebook

RDB

romulux wrote:

RDB wrote:

Edit: the Vargen sucks...

the vargen is one of the best guns. the stats may say otherwise but it's actually the most accurate submachine gun, much more than the sigmus 9, because of the lower recoil. shoot at a wall and see which one gets the better grouping if you don't believe me (yes, i did that, i couldn't connect and got bored, get off my case). the stauger is still better for fighting huge groups when you can't reload but for just one or two people the vargen does a lot better. just use it with a reflex sight, since it's own sights are terrible. my only complaint is that extended mags causes that ammo glitch and without it on you wind up reloading all the time.

the anova is another screwy gun. the stats say it should be the most accurate assault rifle but it's almost as bad as the AK because of the recoil. just one more reason why the terralite rules.

In all fairness, I've only used it for a few rounds, plus the prior heroes use, so I'm by no means an expert. I haven't shot it at a wall, by myself... ever... My initial reaction was that it sucks. I'll try it without the ext mag and with a better sight as that may improve it. I agree the stock sight is terrible as it blocks too much sight line on each side of the crosshair... so much so that there is a good distance on each side of the crosshair that someone can stand and not be seen in the sights, which only gets worse the farther away they are. I'll give it some more time this evening, cause after all, I've got a few more levels of xp to get with it.

On a side note, my buddy just picked up GE, so I told him to post up here as he plays a lot of late nights like tech, romulux, and myself.

Gameday,Demon, & Lambchop, it was fun seeing you on lately also. Haven't had a lot of chance to play with each of you, but it's a blast when we have 3/4 lifers and are actually on the same team. We almost always crush it!

Be on later.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

RDB

romulux wrote:

RDB wrote:

the vargen is one of the best guns. the stats may say otherwise but it's actually the most accurate submachine gun, much more than the sigmus 9, because of the lower recoil. shoot at a wall and see which one gets the better grouping if you don't believe me (yes, i did that, i couldn't connect and got bored, get off my case). the stauger is still better for fighting huge groups when you can't reload but for just one or two people the vargen does a lot better. just use it with a reflex sight, since it's own sights are terrible. my only complaint is that extended mags causes that ammo glitch and without it on you wind up reloading all the time.

the anova is another screwy gun. the stats say it should be the most accurate assault rifle but it's almost as bad as the AK because of the recoil. just one more reason why the terralite rules.

In all fairness, I've only used it for a few rounds, plus the prior heroes use, so I'm by no means an expert. I haven't shot it at a wall, by myself... ever... My initial reaction was that it sucks. I'll try it without the ext mag and with a better sight as that may improve it. I agree the stock sight is terrible as it blocks too much sight line on each side of the crosshair... so much so that there is a good distance on each side of the crosshair that someone can stand and not be seen in the sights, which only gets worse the farther away they are. I'll give it some more time this evening, cause after all, I've got a few more levels of xp to get with it.

On a side note, my buddy just picked up GE, so I told him to post up here as he plays a lot of late nights like tech, romulux, and myself.

Gameday,Demon, & Lambchop, it was fun seeing you on lately also. Haven't had a lot of chance to play with each of you, but it's a blast when we have 3/4 lifers and are actually on the same team. We almost always crush it!

Be on later.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

Spoony_Tech

brad22 wrote:

RDB wrote:

brad22 wrote:

help guys im new to the online side of gaming i need friends my code is 0251190049078

Tried to add you brad, but you have one to many numbers listed.

sorry about tht guys its 025190049078 im on alotta the time and i will add everyone when i get the invite thnks

I added you and I'm on right now for a bit. Add both my codes down in my sig. My wii needs repair.

@romulux not really its fun starting over actually. Makes me better to learn how to fight higher ranks with out bio booster and reflective armor. Of course not any more.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chris720

Okay that was weird. Sorry about that game on Outpost Tech. A message appeared with "Los Connection to Host. Leaving Game..." and as I was leaving it kicked me off WFC, I then tried log back in and it cut out my internet, so I had to restart it...

Hopefully we can get playing again soon. And I'm not a huge fan of Black Box, I don't mind GoldenEye (since its the only one with an objective that is 'good').

Unfortunately, in my opinion, this game is more-or-less all about killing the enemy without any objective based games. Take CoD, for example, you have Headquarters, Search and Destroy, Demolition, Domination etc. while in GE, its pretty much just eliminate enemy players.

And I'm not moaning, eliminating enemy players is fun, but after a while it gets pretty stale. And with only two objective based games, there's that lack of a learning curve to master all the game modes, sine they're all pretty much the same, except for GoldenEye and Black Box.

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

komicturtle

Hey peeps, I just ordered the game from Amazon and could have paid $3.99 to just ship it over to get it here by tomorrow, but instead opted for the 24th (Friday). Chose the Golden Classic Pro version too ($10 off)!

I was considering getting CoD Black Ops- but I dunno. Not a big fan of CoD (like the developers of that game though), and it seems as if more people are active with this game. Might still get CoD since it's only $40 now, but don't want to spend much monies and save it for something I will ACTUALLY like.

But you guys think I should check Black Ops at some point? I'm looking forward to Conduit 2 as well haha

Oh, and Mario Sports Mix AND MvC3 Special Edition

PS: I'll post my FC as soon as I get the chance to!

komicturtle

romulux

Tech101 wrote:

@romulux not really its fun starting over actually. Makes me better to learn how to fight higher ranks with out bio booster and reflective armor. Of course not any more.

from what i've seen the terralite is the last good upgrade you get until the final guns anyway. the anova's cool for small levels but it doesn't do much the vargen couldn't and the ivana is pretty much the same gun with better specs, so after the terralite it's really just the strata and ivana spec you have to look forward to and those will take forever; you're not missing much.

xDemon720x wrote:

Unfortunately, in my opinion, this game is more-or-less all about killing the enemy without any objective based games. Take CoD, for example, you have Headquarters, Search and Destroy, Demolition, Domination etc. while in GE, its pretty much just eliminate enemy players.

huh, i thought this game had much more fun modes than call of duty. black box really is fun, you just have to get used to it before you know what you're doing (it helps if you're good with a pistol). i guess you could say that aside from that and goldeneye it's all just shooting people but the way you play still changes a lot in other modes, at least when you're playing them right. heroes puts a big emphasis on teamwork and gives you the responsibility of staying alive so your team doesn't lose, and golden gun makes everything a chaotic scramble over finding and holding the gun, and you obviously don't fight the same way when you get it. king of the hill or pop a cap or some other classic goldeneye/perfect dark stuff would have been nice but i'm satisfied with the variety the game gives you.

Edited on by romulux

Z_Bone

Alright, I'll play with you guys.

Name is Z Bone. My FC is 3145-4439-7492. I guess I'll add the people who are on the first page.

Do the Mario!

Z_Bone

romulux wrote:

RDB wrote:

Yeah man, I'm not sure what is up with the stats. Reminds me of the whacked out stats in Call of Duty. Some of the stats seem pretty legit, while others are questionable. The SLY shotgun for instance says it is full in range, yet it has the worst range for a shotgun as far as I can tell. I was using it on Archives and I was standing about 25 to 30 feet away from a guy who had no idea I was there. Aiming down the sights I shot right at him three times and it never registered as a hit. It seems like the only way to get kills with that gun are from drive-by hip fire kills. Fortunately I just finished the proficiencies for it.

Do the Mario!

brad22

yeah ill be on for about an hr in bout 10 min so yall add me if ya want lol but if not now ill prolly be on after 10 30 pm tonight east coast time

cod 313009107783
or find me on facebook

Chris720

@romulux True, very true... but I would've liked more objective based game modes.

Black Box, I find is just a mad scramble to download/destroy a box, and most of the time MI6 always win, since they just have to throw a bunch of nades at it and its pretty much dead. And there isn't much hope in hell of getting near the black box to download it when MI6 are pretty much bombarding that thing with noobtubes, grenades, mines etc.

And GoldenEye is a mad dash around the whole map securing satelites, and hat kind of game mode is awesome, it gives me a rush every time I play it, especially in the more close quarter maps where you have to be more alert.

But something like Search and Destroy would of been nice though.

And when Activision do another remake (lets be honest, they're gonna CoD this game out...) I hope to see some better modes... and hosting...

EDIT: Heroes is pretty much an "eliminate enemy players" game mode though... but with a more powerful player at random times.

Golden Gun is fun, but most people just camp, which makes it almost pointless...

The only ones that pack a punch are License to Kill and Team License to Kill. You actually have to have some sort of skill to play them, and they're under "eliminate enemy players". Whilst Team Conflict, Conflict and Heroes are pretty much just run in there and hope I don't get blown a new one... but unfortunately you can rarely find a match on Team Licence to Kill or License to Kill...

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

Spoony_Tech

@xDemon720x True the m16 team does seem to have an advantage but Romulux and I almost always win. The other side as well. It more of a challenge that's why I like it so much. Except for some reason like the last 15 times I've played it been on the M16 side.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chris720

@Tech Kind of depends on your team too in BB. And if the other team can get to the box and run away somewhere safe with it, MI6 will always lose.

But most often than not, if your on the opposing team, you'll be running into grenades and mines...

It may offer a challenge, but BB seems to be more fairer towards MI6 rather than the opposing teams, and that really sucks...

YouTube

romulux

Tech101 wrote:

Except for some reason like the last 15 times I've played it been on the M16 side.

i noticed that too. i like being on the carrier side because i love the hawksman but never get a chance to use it.

xDemon720x wrote:

And when Activision do another remake (lets be honest, they're gonna CoD this game out...)

i don't think so. they've already cashed in on the goldeneye name and you can't do that twice, and it's much harder to sell a fps on the wii than the HD systems. not to mention nintendo's control would probably be a big obstacle to pushing goldeneye any further.

RDB

added the 3 or 4 new folks and playing now.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

grenworthshero

- Here's the long-awaited update to the list. - (I always keep the list in my sig updated, but I haven't posted here in a while)
I’ve started to add the nicknames of those of us who use a different name on Goldeneye, so fellow NLers will know who we are. I should have added everyone who has put their code on this thread up to this point, so let me know if I don't show up on your friends list, or if you don't show up on the list below.

John Wahlgren ----------------5012 4106 5700
Tech101 ---------------------------- 0772 3740 5185 temporary new code||5230 6660 1309 (Tech101)
Gameday -------------------------3353 9872 7228
ballkirby1 -------------------------1498 3680 3433
irken004 --------------------------4575 7799 5777
SilverBlacktail ------------------1178 1770 7871 (SBTail)
Oregano --------------------------5150 0048 9425
nescro ------------------------------5265 9403 2591
grenworthshero ---------------4603 4818 2293 (Viper04)
composerzane ----------------1903 1484 4201 (Zane)
Aviator ----------------------------4468 2220 2883
gaminguy ------------------------5144 3943 2409
RantingThespian ------------2314 6759 9160 (Thespian)
Tasuki ------------------------------4578 4912 4599
CoffeeWithGames ----------2043 7355 3797 (Coffee)
ThomasBW84 -----------------3067 0736 4651
2D ------------------------------------3933 1198 0911
Wesus ------------------------------3659 1451 2434
TheLastBaron -----------------0091 0717 1871
Super Peach --------------------0143 6545 0982 (Peachy)
SUPERZELDAMAN -------------0199 2875 8086
Xkhaoz -----------------------------4491 2764 5705
RetroRich -------------------------2677 6094 0090
intiruna -----------------------------2387 1711 1063
Tycoon -----------------------------0084 2979 1576
romulux ---------------------------5447 4748 5174 (Nerrel)
RDB ----------------------------------2497 8891 1365
Arigner -----------------------------0079 8601 0876
OBI-001 ----------------------------1479 3524 9876
Rik ------------------------------------1473 1684 4140
Jango Forest --------------------4717 3622 7476 (JangoF)
Quikman ---------------------------0457 2025 5629
briunj04 ----------------------------0990 6659 3346
Crazygamerfreak -------------1244 1039 8836
xDemon720x--------------------3120 8178 6412
Valle ---------------------------------5188 0651 7736
peterifico -------------------------1656 0665 6512 (LambChop)
TheButcher ----------------------5087 9517 7822
slapshot82 ----------------------0215 2673 1713
Kelvin -----------------------------1829 8377 3420 (KelvinG)
Jnes4 -----------------------------1664 6225 6875
Rorylee ---------------------------1433 0129 1970
brad22 ----------------------------0251 9004 9078
Z.Bone ----------------------------3145 4439 7492
danschemen -------------------0443 4208 8293
hylianhalcyon -------------------3842 3829 3046 (Ted)
aarong1881 --------------------3658 2288 9556
honestliar62 --------------------3077 1959 2795 (Sid)
komicturtle92 -------------------0058 5752 8990 (Komicturtle)
TheInstantGamer -------------3871 1726 9182
X_MxTnk_X ----------------------0347 4039 1611

@everyone: perpetuate our dominant reputation! Add "[NL]" before your name

For those of you who want to print the list out to write notes on it, or check everyone off as you add them, or if your computer isn't near the TV, this list is now a Microsoft Word document.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

brad22

idk yet i just got home a few min ago but i will gladly check when i get on the wii tmrw

cod 313009107783
or find me on facebook

grenworthshero

RDB, Jnes, Tech, Quikman, brad22...anyone else I forgot...good games, for sure guys. There were an awful lot of fun matches this time. At the beginning we were destroying everyone and I had to laugh when they all left the room after a few matches with us. I did pretty well for not having played in over a month. I did some serious damage in archives on heroes mode. I still know how to rack up the kills after being away from the game for a while, but I need to work to get my death count down again. It was a lot of fun when they pitted me against all three of you in Facility, too. I'm reminded of how much I like playing with you, Tech, and how dangerous it is for both of us when we meet face-to-face. We watch each others' backs, especially on outpost, when you're sniping and I'm running around like crazy on the ground. What happened with that match on the docks, though? I wasn't doing very well at all. I don't know if any of us did.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

RDB

grenworthshero wrote:

RDB, Jnes, Tech, Quikman, brad22...anyone else I forgot...good games, guys. I did pretty well for not having played in over a month. I still know how to rack up the kills after being away from the game for a while, but I need to work to get my death count down again. I did some serious damage in archives on heroes mode. It was a lot of fun when they pitted me against all three of you in Facility, too. I'm reminded of how much I like playing with you, Tech. We watch each others' backs, especially on outpost, when you're sniping and I'm running around like crazy on the ground. At the beginning we were destroying everyone and I lol'd when they all left the room after the match. What happened with that match on the docks, though? I wasn't doing very well at all. I don't know if any of us did.

Some sweet games tonight from all... Viper, nice playing... I'd say you still have "it" in this game. We certainly did dominate all night with the exception of a few rounds. Not sure on that one docks round... I know it wasn't my finest round, had to many deaths. And tech, we had a sweet last round in the sewer huh.

Ok, all that Vargen sucks talk... I retract some of what I said. I took off the silencer and ext mag and put on the reflex sight... much better. It's still not a gun for the larger maps (station, outpost), but I think it rivals the terra in the very compact maps like archives and sewer. It served me very well in the nightclub as well, but that may not work in some of the more wide open spaces of the map. Great for the upstairs holdout though... it really tears people up as they are walking up the stairs and even does pretty well on the enemies at the end of the long hallway. So, it does have it's place in my arsenal now. I completed I-V proficiencies with it this eve. Overall had over 10000 xp tonight, so I'm happy with that.

Weird though, not one match in the memorial tonight.. bummer, I like that map.

Oh yea, one last thing. I think the vargen came at a good time for me b/c I was really starting to hate the archives and nightclub maps. They almost always get the most votes, esp archives, and I was just getting tired of running around with a shotty all the time. The vargen has restored my interest in those maps.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.