Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 941 to 960 of 10,277

grenworthshero

I've never much liked archives, either. The only reason I choose it every time it shows up is because it's the best map for the shotgun, and I'm trying to work on proficiencies for those. I suspect that's a big reason everyone else chooses it, too. After using the shotgun there for so long, though, I find it kind of fun....at times. Sometimes it sucks, because I'd still rather be using my Silenced Stauger UA-1, and the shotgun pisses me off sometimes, especially when you kill a guy and half a second later he pulls the trigger and you die, too.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

romulux

RDB wrote:

Ok, all that Vargen sucks talk... I retract some of what I said. It's still not a gun for the larger maps (station, outpost), but I think it rivals the terra in the very compact maps like archives and sewer.

sounds like you've got the gun figured out. it's my go to gun for short range stuff but i'd never use it in maps like outpost, even though it's accurate enough, just because the terralite feels a lot less clumsy. unfortunately i'm having a hard time settling between the vargen and anova for small levels now.... the anova gets faster kills but man is that recoil annoying.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Spoony_Tech

@Grenworthshero I like sniping when You guys are on the ground. It makes it easier to snipe. Less kills but also way less deaths. I don't even know every one we played with last night. Most of you guys haven't added my second code in my sig. Hopefully only for another week ill need it. RdB you mean you did good that last round. I was running around looking for someone to kill but you beat me to it. don't forget I can't see everyone online so I'm not a good person for invites right now.

Question to all. Is it wrong to shoot your teammate to warn them of potential death? I shot at Romulux a couple of times to warn him of potential death.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

huh, i never noticed, so i guess it doesn't work! usually when team mates shoot at me i figure they're either just bored or i beat them in a match a while ago and they're really raw about it. i did my first team license to kill match yesterday, where friendly fire is on, and my teammate would not stop shooting at me the whole match. he wasn't aiming directly at me, but man that dude was weirding me out... :/

there are lots of times when i wish you could warn teammates. usually when i'm shooting a proximity mine and some buffoon charges right past and detonates it...

Edited on by romulux

irken004

I finally beat the single player mode!

Oh and I added the rest of the codes. Lemme know if I missed someone.

Chris720

@romulux Don't underestimate Activision. They'll do anything in their power so they can get their grubby little mitts on some money...

And I wasn't thinking along the lines of 'GoldenEye 2' but maybe just a whole remake with better controls, online etc. and besides and isn't that what they kinda did to begin with? They brought an old N64 classic back to life. It wouldn't surprise me if they "reimagined" GoldenEye again...

And besides, with a whole new company taking up the CoD franchise, and I sense a lot of people leaving that series over time, not to mention the thousands who eventually stop buying it anyways, so Activision will be looking for a quick money earner at some point. And since GoldenEye sold pretty well, I'd bet there's another GoldenEye reimagining happening right now.

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Z_Bone

I've added some of you and now that I've printed off the rather large list of FCs I'll go add the rest.

Do the Mario!

Chris720

Yay, more people to add to my list that I can thra-... uhh... I mean play with.

I'll add you guys as soon as I feel like dialing in digits.

YouTube

RDB

Tech101 wrote:

Question to all. Is it wrong to shoot your teammate to warn them of potential death? I shot at Romulux a couple of times to warn him of potential death.

I don't think so... but I'm not sure that they will even notice??? I've tried to kill teammates before for camping in stupid areas before and it wouldn't kill them. I actually had to melee them at least two times with the shooting to kill them. I think friendly fire is severely weakened in team conflict. Tech, the only time I shoot teammates is when they have racial or otherwise heavily offensive names, or if they camp in stupid places during GE. That makes me so mad when I have 30 obj points, 6 kills and 20 deaths and the rest of my team has no obj points with a bunch of kills. That's not the point of the game!!! Those matches if I run across my team camping, I warning shot/melee and then next time I kill them.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

composerzane

HOST QUIT WTF

GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Friend Code: 1903 1484 4201 - tag: [NL] Zane
check out my music @ www.myspace.com/meauxdal

romulux

nice to play again tech, i see you got your wii fixed. i would have done more rounds but i already had a 'yelling at the screen' sort of session before you got on so it was time to go to bed.

when the frame rate goes down i think that the game loses a lot of your shots. there are stretches where i just can't kill anyone and i don't think it's just due to my bad playing; i got a whole clip of hit markers with the anova right in this guy's face and he still didn't go down. the other day i caught a hero going up a ladder right in front of me and thought it was as free a kill as i'd ever seen, and i was stunned when he took my entire clip and made to the top. then turned around and shot me... can't blame the game for everything but it just can't be running right sometimes.

by the way RDB, friendly fire is completely turned off in normal modes. punch and shoot all you want, you're not hurting your teammates. speaking of teams, i've been spoiled by playing with you guys. it seems like every teammate i've played heroes with lately gets right in front of my gun and takes all my shots like a sponge. either that or they leave me abandoned while all 4 guys on the other side are throwing grenades at me...

Edited on by romulux

RDB

romulux wrote:

when the frame rate goes down i think that the game loses a lot of your shots.

by the way RDB, friendly fire is completely turned off in normal modes. punch and shoot all you want, you're not hurting your teammates. speaking of teams, i've been spoiled by playing with you guys.

It loses a ton of shots... and the enemies movements get really choppy. It's like they move the scale equivilant of 6 or 8 feet at a time, which obviously makes it tough to shoot them.

As for killing teammates, I'm almost positive I've melee'd a teammate before, I know, don't be proud of it. When I first started playing, I got stuck in a corner with my teammate, only I couldn't see the name above his head, so I melee'd him and it killed him. It took two, but he died. I'll have to check it again to be sure my memory serves me correctly. I've been wrong before, just not very often ... jk

Good games tonight Rory. We pretty much dominated the night. I don't think the enemy even got 20 kills most of the time when you and I were doing 25-35 of our teams kills. Nice games. And tech, we had a good few before you jumped off too.

After the others jumped off this evening, I had 2 kills needed to complete the vargen accolades, so I went a just jumped in a team match. It took me 35 mins to get those two kills b/c the hosts kept quitting right at the end when they were being massacred. I HATE that. It makes me appreciate it so much when a lifer is hosting, cause I know they won't quit. But finished it up and I really enjoy it now in the tighter maps.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

RoryLee

Good gaming RDB. That really ticks me off too is when the host quits in the middle of the game, or right before the game ends. Usually if I'm the host and I drop the game it's because I had to take the dogs out, or the wife needed something. Have a Merry Christmas and safe travels everyone!

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

romulux

RDB wrote:

As for killing teammates, I'm almost positive I've melee'd a teammate before

there is a glitch where occasionally an enemy will have a green name above his head- not the usual "there's a teammate somewhere behind him and it just looks like he has a green name above him", but the enemy's actual name is displayed green for a turn or two. my guess is that you happened to melee a guy when that glitch was occurring (serves him right).

work was canceled due to snow so if anyone's on i'll be sitting around playing a lot today, just as god intended.

RDB

interesting... could be what happened, but it really makes me want to test it. Ha.

I'll try to get on some today also. For sure tonight though.

@Zane... sorry about that one. My daughter came in and was trying to "help". And the frame rate was super choppy so it was tough to hit anyone. B back on later.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

Z_Bone

Friendly fire is only on in the License to Kill modes.

@ Rory Lee, GGs today.

Do the Mario!

Z_Bone

romulux wrote:

RDB wrote:

As for killing teammates, I'm almost positive I've melee'd a teammate before

there is a glitch where occasionally an enemy will have a green name above his head- not the usual "there's a teammate somewhere behind him and it just looks like he has a green name above him", but the enemy's actual name is displayed green for a turn or two. my guess is that you happened to melee a guy when that glitch was occurring (serves him right).

work was canceled due to snow so if anyone's on i'll be sitting around playing a lot today, just as god intended.

Speaking of glitches, I've had some weird ones. Lately, every time I start the match with my Toros sniper rifle it looks like the Terralite until I ADS or run and it turns into the Toros, or vice versa, with the Terralite looking like the Toros. I've also had a glitch where me and my teamates were stuck and couldn't move. After a while I found out that if I crouched I could get out of the paralysis.

But the weirdest glitch was this one time on Outpost. I started on this weird corner of the map where I couldn't move but I could aim and shoot, only my bullets didn't hurt anyone and no one could see me. I looked at the game's stats and I wasn't even listed as a player. Then I checked back a few seconds later and my name was on top of another person's name. After sitting there aimlessly shooting for a while, it snapped out of it and let me play.

Do the Mario!

Spoony_Tech

@Romulux RDB Rorylee Good games last night. Sorry RDB. I was ready to sign off when I seen you get on and had to do a few with ya. Romulux I sucked tonight on the two we did. Experimenting with new weapons and still having glitch problems with some didn't help. Rorylee you a pretty good. It took me a while to figure out your play style but think I got you down now. Seen a few of your hiding places so hopefully next time ill do better against you. Or better yet wont have to go against you again. Its always a challenge to go up against other lifers since we are all so good.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RDB

Tech101 wrote:

Sorry RDB. I was ready to sign off when I seen you get on and had to do a few with ya.

Hey, glad you stayed for a few. We've played enough now that it seems like our styles are starting to mesh pretty well when we're on the same team. Especially in GE, but pretty good in team conflict too. It'd be nice to really master Heroes also. I played a few today and did pretty well, but it's hard with all teammates you don't know.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

Chris720

That was a weird glitch/hack... I was shooting this dude in the face, point blank range with the Toros and all I got was hitmarkers, but everyone else on his team went down with one shot... he went 40-0. :/

The rise of the hackers has begun, prepare yourselves.

Anyways, I should be on a little bit tomorrow. I'm currently quite occupied with MH3... the thrill of hunting beats the pleasure of shooting someone in the face with a shotgun.

...MH3 isn't stressful either, I've found myself getting annoyed with players on GE...

YouTube

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.