Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 501 to 520 of 3,949

PikPi

Dezzy wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

Have you actually played the game? Would you mind showing me the other games with a mountain "without the random crystals" that goes steep downhill 95% of the time,

Untitled

(I think most video game mountains actually go steep downhill 95% of the time)

Mountains man, how do they work!

(This is not a statement on any opinion in this thread, don't tag me explaining the intricacies of videogame mountains, directed at everyone )

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

Tsurii

@SKTTR late to the party but... Vala Mountain really shouldn't be an example for a great area in Xenoblade if you ask me. I can appreciate the crystal shenanigans and the music by itself is pretty good, but it was hella annoying to navigate between the segments that literally put me to sleep. It's a really boring mountain 50% of the (in game) time and the only unique thing about it really are those crystals.

And Eryth Sea..ehh, play any random Asian MMO and chances are you'll find one e of those sea areas with floaty islands sooner or later.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

kkslider5552000

To be fair, there are some really complex differences compared to Asian MMOs that I'd like to elaborate on. I feel it would sufficiently explain it. ahem

...MMOs suck.

The end.

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

EvilLucario

Yeah, as someone who does play an MMO (RuneScape), they're a time sink mostly revolving around grind. They also tend to have extremely volatile communities that complain about a lot of stuff, including justified nerfs to content.

I would not recommend anyone to jump into an MMO in modern times.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Snaplocket

@SLIGEACH_EIRE I don't like Gramps small form. It's obviously meant to invoke the "big creature has a cute small form" trope, but it just looks really off-putting, the other characters (both human and non-human) look fine so I don't know what went wrong there.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

Is that a trope?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Snaplocket

@Dezzy You see it in a lot of Japanese stuff. Digimon, the Lunar games, Legendz, other stuff I can't immediately think of, yada yada yada.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Jhena

I hope i play a god again with the hero being the apple and returning to eden.

Edited on by Jhena

Slow and steady wins the race, baby.

Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nia’s blade Dromarch can be ridden in this game. It should make travel a lot faster.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Dezzy

Jhena wrote:

I hope i play a god again with the hero being the apple and returning to eden.

Well my theory has been that Shulk will be revealed as the god of this world.
A brilliant ending to this game would be that when you get to Elysium (assuming you do), it turns out to be a location from XC1, like the ruins of Colony 9 or the Bionis Leg. And then it doesn't tell you that Shulk is the "architect", but you'll infer from the location.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

A look at Raiko.

Raiko is an electric-type Blade, and her design is based on the god of lightning and thunder, Raijin. In the short clip she says, “Things might not always go so well, but I’ll do my best!”

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Tsurii

And she's on my Party. Gonna Partner her with Tora because Nopon with big ass Hammer.

I really hope Tora's gonna be like he was in Xenoblade X tho. He's one of my favorite characters in that one, with Mia being the other lol

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

JaxonH

Been purposely ignoring this game until all the Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey, Nights of Azure 2, DOOM, RIME, LA Noire, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2, Azure Striker Gunvolt 1/2, Axiom Verge, MXGP3, WWE 2k18, LUMO, Xonic and Xbox One X talk has died down.

I don't want to start getting hyped for this game (don't get me wrong, I'm already hyped- I mean super hyped for the final stretch) until all these other games are in the rearview mirror.

Which looks like it's going to be mere weeks before release. There are just so many games releasing in the span of the next 30 days or so. But you'll see me back in here soon enough ready to talk this game up.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Dezzy

@JaxonH

Based on the general quality of the trailers for this so far (at least compared to the 2 previous games), Monolithsoft don't want you to get hyped either

JaxonH

@Dezzy

Ya, thankfully I know better. I cherish Xenoblade. The game deserves a rockin' trailer though. I know it'll be epic, but they'd do well to convey that in a 3 minute video.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Dezzy

@JaxonH

The only trailer for this that I think has been excellent was the first one really. They need a couple of really awesome ones before launch to get people hyped.
Like that Breath of the Wild trailer when they announced the Switch. That really got people pumped for the game.

kkslider5552000

I do agree that whoever has been doing the trailers for Zelda and Mario lately just need to do ALL the trailers at Nintendo.

I'm hyped for it, but I would be hyped with NO trailers tbh so...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Dezzy

Nintendo: Have you got a trailer for the presentation, Monolithsoft?
Monolithsoft: TAKE THISSSSSSSSSSSS.

Inertiacreep

@QwertyQwerty lol, i know its awesome... but yea these new gameplay videos are the best quality weve seen so far and its just insane how good this game looks.

Inertiacreep

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic