Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 6,141 to 6,160 of 70,001

SCRAPPER392

This thing is probably about as tech heavy as Xbox One S and PS4.5, but now there's a screen, so probably not. We might as well get ready for 3DSita Advance
What the heck happened to pre Wii era? People have really screwed things up.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

WebHead

so switch presentation on jan 12th? wow thought nintendo was done with press conferences.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

I like what I see. And at least we now know how long we have to wait

Bit suprised to see Ninty having their own little gaming expo, but I figured that's what they have to do when they skipped E3, Gamescom, TGS and PGW.

Octane

erv

I like that. Why be compared to competition unfairly? Especially if there's the switch game and an "other console blockbuster game" next to each other. You'll hear "journalists" talk about the graphics and switch "inferior versions" while if they have their own space, you'll hear talk about what the switch itself means.

If this foreshadows nintendo finally driving the narrative they want instead of the one they are given, you won't see their systems fail anytime soon.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Octane

WebHead wrote:

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/report-nintendo-switch-... she also says that switch, at least devkit wise, will support microsd up to 128gb. woo boy..

In other news, the sky is blue. It's still a handheld first and foremost (from a hardware perspective). The only issue I can see is that the home console users will be forced to buy physical, since digital will pretty expensive if you consider the cost of those sd cards, especially if you need several of them. And considering that retail prices are often lower anyway, physical is the way to go with this device. 256GB SD cards are pretty expensive, but I don't see the reason to not support them. I'm assuming the hardware isn't too different for 256GB cards. This doesn't really affect me, but I'm curious what others think about it.

Octane

SCRAPPER392

They messed up, period. I finally realized what all the complaining is/was about.

EDIT: Like, I wasn't complaining about the launch games, because they ran in 1080p upscaled(including Wii Mode) and 5.1 PCM, but now they are basically competing with Xbox One not S, unless it can run 4K video, which it probably doesn't.
They straight up just decided to compete against 2013 when they could have already done that in 2012.
This eventually goes back to Wii and PS3 in 2006. I can't believe it.
Go look up Qwest and read the Wiki. All of Nintendo's problems have been tied to Colorado's servers(aka: my email address and PS3 were hacked by all these critters).

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

WebHead

Nintendo is probably gonna be pretty strict on download sizes i imagine.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

Luna_110

@WebHead
We have to wait and see. The 3DS officially supports SD cards up to 32 GB, but you can still use bigger cards with a bit of trickery, or so says my 256 GB card

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

skywake

WebHead wrote:

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/report-nintendo-switch-... she also says that switch, at least devkit wise, will support microsd up to 128gb. woo boy..

SD -> 1GB
SDHC -> 32GB
SDXC -> 2TB

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't support cards larger than 128GB. Except for the fact that they aren't really that common. At all. Anyways 128GB should be fine as long as you don't want to download any of the bigger titles. Which I probably won't because unlike disks I quite like the idea of having a bunch of cartridges.

No USB drives though. I get it. Not sure if I like it or not.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Grumblevolcano

@Therad Friday 13th, Nintendo is doomed!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SCRAPPER392

Even 4G service or anything won't get Switch running. Paid online services are a burden when it comes to $60 retail games.
That's why everything needs to go back to PS2 and GameCube days.
Companies like Apple and Microsoft absolutely do not deserve the payment they get for online, period. That's what free or cheap internet is all about.
I remember complaining about internet speeds like a million times when 7th generation came out, and it's still the same.

Qwest

MumboJumbo

Nintendo President Hints of Bigger Hardware Plans for Switch

Nintendo Co.’s new gaming console Switch is part of a bigger plan that will include more accessories, a deeper lineup of software and possible tie-ups with other technologies.

In his first interview since unveiling the brand-new flagship product, President Tatsumi Kimishima said details about add-ons will be available in the new year. Kyoto-based Nintendo said earlier on Thursday that it will announce pricing and a specific launch date for Switch on Jan. 13, followed by an event where the public can try it out.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-27/nintendo-pr...

Edited on by MumboJumbo

MumboJumbo

parallaxscroll

edit: already posted ^

Perhaps that add-on hardware will include the Supplemental Computing Device ?

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

TuVictus

I don't get what the point of the two USB slots on the main dock device is then.

TuVictus

Therad

Operative wrote:

I don't get what the point of the two USB slots on the main dock device is then.

Things like mics, skylanders portal and such.

Therad

WebHead

@Operative charging the controllers and accessories like gamecube controller adapter.

WebHead

DefHalan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

We have to wait until halfway through January to find out more info... they really don't want me to make an educated purchase at launch lol

Will it take you over 2 months to understand the information they will give?

No but it would take longer than that to save the money I need. So basically, I start saving up for a Switch without knowing if I am going to buy one, or I don't get one at launch, which is really fine with me.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic