Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 6,121 to 6,140 of 69,962

rallydefault

@Nicolai
5-hour battery life. I'm calling it.

Nintendo can be thick, but they're not that stupid. They know it would be suicide to put this thing out if it can only hit 3 hours battery life. 5 hours is respectable. That's a flight nearly across the U.S., an exceptionally long train ride, a good chunk of a day at the beach, etc.

5 hours. I bet that's the time they're aiming to hit.

rallydefault

Nicolai

@rallydefault: That would be nice. If course battery also depends on things like screen brightness and whether Wi-Fi is on, which is why I'm hoping for 3 hours minimum, with maybe around 5 hours with a dim screen and no wireless.

I agree, I almost think that the battery should come before specs, at least until the battery is reasonable.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

DefHalan

We have to wait until halfway through January to find out more info... they really don't want me to make an educated purchase at launch lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

skywake

@DefHalan
The lack of info on games and other system info is annoying. I think we all just want to know as much as we can all at once. But if I remember correctly Nintendo didn't reveal the Wii U launch details until September. About the same time before launch. But because they had talked so much about it? I know of quite a few people who had just assumed the price had been announced. So they took the placeholder prices as gospel.

By being so frustratingly quiet? At least Nintendo are making it clear that they haven't said anything yet.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Haru17

Well, at least it isn't too far into January — before Gravity Rush, even.

WAKE UP, NintendoLife! You're missing the scoop.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MsJubilee

MumboJumbo wrote:

The Nintendo Switch Presentation will be on Jan 13th for Japan.

Nintendo will showcase their new console at the "Nintendo Switch Experience 2017" in Tokyo, on Jan 14th and. Jan 15th.

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/15aeb51d-9a6e-11e6-9b...

The day when all the rumors die. Finally

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Nicolai

@FragRed: What, they provide us with a link, but they don't tell us what time? I want to go ahead and put it in my schedule.

Oh well; for me, the only thing that makes a long wait better is knowing exactly how long the wait is. It's a shame school will have started by then.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

TuVictus

It's nice to know exactly when we'll learn more about the console.

TuVictus

martinskrtel37

DefHalan wrote:

We have to wait until halfway through January to find out more info... they really don't want me to make an educated purchase at launch lol

it just got unveiled. in 3 months you'll find out everything you need.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

kkslider5552000

DefHalan wrote:

Will it take you over 2 months to understand the information they will give?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

I am so freaking displeased. The reveal of the Switch basically told me, "Go buy a PS4 and regret buying Wii U". I am not even kidding. There isn't money for multiple consoles and the games, unless you are rich or spoiled, and now we get games that we should have had on Wii U launch. My $350 plus tax was a waste. Sorry Nintendo, you officially lost one of your biggest fans.
I've been spied on by Nintendo for having the NNID: Children, and also remembering being betrayed (personally) by Bill Trinen for being a bigger Nintendo fan when I was in high school, among other famous people, because of BS stunts like this. This is even worse than iPad, IMO, right now. I am definitely choosing a different console as my main. Even Xbox One S is mostly pulling the strings on fast releases.

Also, this has to do with the Sony Online Entertainment hack, which included Qwest and my personal info. Years of pain have been included, and I finally realized this.
EDITED: Three times.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

SCRAPPER392 wrote:

I've been spied on by Nintendo for having the NNID: Children, and also remembering being betrayed (personally) by Bill Trinen for being a bigger Nintendo fan when I was in high school, among other famous people, because of BS stunts like this.

I honestly bought it until this.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SCRAPPER392 wrote:

I've been spied on by Nintendo for having the NNID: Children, and also remembering being betrayed (personally) by Bill Trinen for being a bigger Nintendo fan when I was in high school, among other famous people, because of BS stunts like this.

I honestly bought it until this.

I am not lying. I lost my memory and finally snapped back into reality. Nintendo took themselves out by messing with me. I might as well run whatever Bill Trinen does, right now, or even more. That's how scammed I am.
Lots of famous people have tripped me up, but that's part of another topic.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

dtjive

I think it's good that Nintendo haven't yet decided on the price for the system and are willing to listen to consumer expectations. I think especially for this type of console, it's a smart idea to listen to the market and what they would be willing to pay. Here's where I think Nintendo should price it at:

$399- too high, would only attract the purest of Nintendo gamers who probably would still grumble at the price and some would even wait most likely
$349- probably again too high for the casual audience/angle this console is going for. I think big Nintendo fans like myself would buy it, but most would wait for a drop in price and therefore the sales would start slow and endanger prolonged third party support.
$299- this is price point that I start to see casuals heavily getting interested in. If it's got a great launch lineup and a game bundled in then I can see this doing very well.
$249- same as above, and naturally seems like the sweet spot for pricing
$199- probably in a bizarre way, it is too low. I'd suspect by this point we'd be talking about Nintendo having little to no profit margin, but also whilst it would sell well if it gives no room for adjustment later into the console life to try and drive more sales at lower price points as I can't ever see this thing being discounted to $149.

As others have suggested $249-$299 with a game bundled in is the correct price for this thing. Whilst Nintendo fans will still buy the console above $300, I think that you'd attract very few casuals at that price. And for this console to succeed and have strong third party support it needs to start well. I'd possibly suggest that Nintendo should go for $299 and hope that it doesn't detract too many customers away or the reviews of the console convince people it's definitely worth it. I think this is the sensible price point because not only does it maximise their profit margin, but also it gives them plenty of scope to lower the console for the holiday 2017 season to try and get more interest if opening sales are rather lukewarm.

dtjive

erv

299 - lower communicates cheapness, higher communicates distance. I can buy a ps4 with an extra controller for 299. I can buy a switch for 299. The switch I can take with me.

This thing is going to sell.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

skywake

@erv
I think you're right. I think it'll be about the same price that the cheapest SKUs of the PS4 are now. Which in Australia is kinda co-incidentally the same price they launched the Wii, Wii U and ~$50AU more than the 3DS was at launch. And maybe just as importantly it's only a little bit more expensive than the iPad Mini 2. So in-line with the cheapest PS4 SKUs puts it in a nice spot against a few competing products.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic