Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,061 to 46,080 of 70,004

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
And why did you mentioned to me if you know i will never like those games ?
I don't even care if those games got ported or not.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@link3710 yea, April is pretty stacked now with TW101 and Trials of Mana.
@ninfan by default yes. There's a pretty sizeable library of Wii u vc games and there's none on switch unless you count NSO as vc

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

I hope there's a Switch demo for The Wonderful 101. Demos don't always make or break purchases for me, but they're nice to have when I'm on the fence about something.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

kkslider5552000

Tyranexx wrote:

I hope there's a Switch demo for The Wonderful 101. Demos don't always make or break purchases for me, but they're nice to have when I'm on the fence about something.

Wonderful 101's demo back on the Wii U almost made me not buy it tbh. The game is really bad at explaining why its combat works or is fun or...anything, and that was doubly true in the demo.

Which is a shame as Wonderful 101 is Platinum's best game, don't at me

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DannyBoi

Still having trouble with my revised switch battery😥. Charged it fully, turned it off afterwards. Turned it on in the morning, at 95%. Also, why does my Switch have two battery indicators? One in the top right of the screen and one in the left.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Zuljaras

@DannyBoi It is normal for the battery to drain even when the device is being turned off. Also keep in mind that in colder temperatures the batteries drain faster.

I still have my PSPs batteries to be completely drained after being turned off after 2-3 weeks. While my GBA, DS, 3DS and PS Vita being drained with just 3-5 % after 3 months.

Edited on by Zuljaras

DannyBoi

@Zuljaras Do you know which battery indicator I am reffering to(the one in the top left corner of the screen)? It is the one that says console battery followed by percentage. It appears if you charge the console in handheld mode and turn the console on while it is charging.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Zuljaras

@DannyBoi Nope. I did not pay attention to my battery indicators as my Switch always rests in the dock.

But I am telling you that it is normal for the battery to drain over time even when offline. If the battery stops to charge then it is time to worry

Anti-Matter

@DannyBoi
Look at Top Right on your Switch.
There is an Battery indicator with Percentage shown (Activate from System Setting).

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

I hope they do a battery upgrade at some point. They did with the Wii U gamepad.

I swear my battery life sucks. Although I do often play on full brightness. Maybe that has a bigger effect than I'd assumed.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

Full brightness can slash your battery life by an important amount.

Anyway, they'll never offer replacement batteries. They didn't make the switch with the intention of the user being able to replace the battery. They want you to buy a new unit.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

Which hardware DID they make with that intention? Not including the old handhelds that used AA or AAA batteries.

link3710

I'll back kkslider up and say that TW101 had a terrible demo. I got the game anyways, thankfully, since the game was much better than the demo. Either way, the first level (the one in the demo) is pretty terrible on your first playthrough since the whole game is designed around you having Unite Guts, yet you don't have it for that one. Luckily, you get to keep later powers for replays but... yeah that first section isn't difficult persay, but combat just isn't really fun yet thanks to the lack of guts and explanation. Kinda like early Astral Chain, but more so. Kamiya said in interviews that lack of clarity in the early game was one of the things they planned to fix, so hopefully that'll be better this go around.

That said, if you enjoy Bayonetta and Astral Chain you'll almost certainly like this, if you don't or only like one or the other it's pretty much a leap of faith given the divisive nature of the game.

link3710

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

I know you can buy replacement batteries, but that doesn't mean it was their intention. You do need to unscrew the back of the case on the 3DS to replace the battery.

Is that really much different than the Switch?

Eel

I'd say having a little easily accessible door with a single + screw is a lot more user-friendly and convenient than having to dismantle your console.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

If you've ever seen what a Switch looks like with the back panel removed, you know it wasn't intended to be removed.

Octane

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Compare that to the Switch, which is basically a solid block on the outside. You can get it open, but unless you know what you're doing, you can say goodbye to playing anything on it.

Oh ok, I didn't know this. I assumed it was just a matter of unscrewing the back of the case and taking it off.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic