Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,681 to 45,700 of 70,001

toiletduck

Hi guys! I just posted a topic in the 'General discussion' forum about buying a new TV. I figured I'd post a link to the topic here too, because I know not all regulars here read those parts of the forum all the time and it could be a relevant topic for some of you. I hope that's ok!

Link

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

DannyBoi

Looks like I was wrong about update 10.0 coming on the 20th/21st. I thought the maintenance had something to do with it, but it doesnt. When can we expect to see it? Probably March.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

link3710

@DannyBoi We have no reason to suspect that the login issues were solely on the app's end. It's quite possible they needed to deal with the API on the NSO main servers, explaining the maintenance.

And we could never get a '10.0', at least not the type you're looking for. It doesn't make much sense to expect Nintendo to do anything involving actual updates of note, considering how rarely they do. I wouldn't count the days, it's entirely possible we'll go all year without an update that does anything besides add icons. Cause Animal Crossing Icons are nearly guaranteed. So yeah, I'd expect an update by March, but I wouldn't expect anything in it but icons. For example, last year's January update had:

Added 6 New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe profile pictures
HOME menu now supports Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional) and Korean languages

The last one that added a requested feature was Support for USB headsets in 4.0 back in the system's launch year.

link3710

Magician

DannyBoi wrote:

Looks like I was wrong about update 10.0 coming on the 20th/21st. I thought the maintenance had something to do with it, but it doesnt. When can we expect to see it? Probably March.

I suppose it depends on your expectations. Folders and themes? Maybe at E3 in June. Achievements and party chat? Probably not until the next generation Nintendo platform.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Thannus

JaxonH wrote:

Metroid Prime 4 Trilogy

@JaxonH We only know about MP4, no official confirmation whatsoever that we're getting MPTrilogy (however much I would like that).

Edited on by Thannus

You're wrong until I say otherwise.

Grumblevolcano

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics (one of the games announced in the E3 Direct) now has a release date, February 4th.

EDIT: Nevermind @JaxonH already has it updated.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

I do not like how nintendo have started this year. Being very secretive and having two non normal directs. If they have a nindies. That may be the tipping point. Keeping things secret does not always mean it works well as a surprise.

AnVold

Nintendo is good started this year with Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore. I hope they will continue save exclusive games from dead Wii U. In this year I just waiting a Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, some information about Shin Megami Tensei V and that's all. SWITCH is not my main gaming platform, so I didn't expect much from Nintendo.

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

link3710

@DannyBoi You're in trouble then. Nearly every normal direct for the last few years has taken place a week or two after an indie direct. Though sometimes they precede special directs too like the one before the Pokemon Direct. But yeah, statistics say there will be an indie world (quite possibly after an Animal Crossing one) before a general. Maybe you'll be lucky though? shrugs

link3710

DarkRula

@DannyBoi
Nintendo know fully what they have planned, and know the best time to announce it all. Just because they don't announce things years in advance does not mean there's nothing coming. Sure, there's a few things they do announce - the absolute largest of the large, or sometimes those that people want to know of. But those are only teases to tell people those games are coming. More often than not you'll see a full announcement and release in less than nine months. Even the Switch console followed this rule - being announced and released within six months! The strategy has harmed them not at all, and continue on this path they will.

Mario Kart 9 (or 10), Pikmin 3/4, Metroid Prime Trilogy, F-Zero GBX - all will see a reveal and get released within nine months, and nothing will affect the sales of those games. They also do not need to release information as of yet, when a February date falls more in line with that nine month rule, which will cover the entire year except November/December, which is what E3 is for.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

DannyBoi

There is an imminent announcement from Square Enix regarding the switch.

DannyBoi

Maybe a nindies(shudders).

link3710

It's from Square Enix Collective, aka their Indie publishing division. So yes, it's an indie announcement. But, basically anything they publish is usually top tier at least, so I'm excited.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@DannyBoi Indie World is very likely to be coming within the next month as Nintendo always seems to do an indie presentation before PAX East and PAX West, this year PAX East is February 27th - March 1st. Nintendo may even surprise us with an extra Europe version of Indie World (Indie Highlights) earlier than that, last year we got this on January 23rd:

Given we've seen Nintendo be very secretive about their main lineup last year, it may help to look at backlog games if you have any.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

DannyBoi wrote:

I do not like how nintendo have started this year. Being very secretive and having two non normal directs. If they have a nindies. That may be the tipping point. Keeping things secret does not always mean it works well as a surprise.

Yeah! Here we are less than 30 days from the holiday season and they haven’t made any announcements. I demand answers. I shall be issuing a subpoena. And peeing on my joycon in protest.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SuperWeird

@redd214 Dope! I'm down for an updated MK kollection with modern features.

SuperWeird

Dezzy

The Direct's obviously gonna be after Feb 12th, as that's when the Fire Emblem DLC comes out. If the Direct was gonna be before that, they would've announced it in the Direct.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic