Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,641 to 45,660 of 70,001

Sisilly_G

Vent alert...

So I bought the Let's Go Pikachu console bundle for the exclusive Joy-Con, dock, and console, but I hadn't been around to actually transferring everything over until about a month ago.

The Let's Go console has been inferior in practically every way. Two dead pixels out of the box, what appears to be interlacing artefacts (I experienced similar when "upgrading" from the original DS to the DS Lite, which also had the same issue, likely due to an inferior screen), and just after playing Tetris 99, the screen now has a blotchy defect that lingers so long as the console is on. I could swear that the battery life is noticably worse as well.

I'm tempted to go through the tedium of transfering everything back to my non-tainted launch Switch. Ugh... and all that for the stupid Pikachu/Eevee decal on the back of the console that I rarely see anyway.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

MuhBael

That sucks I suppose it can't be fixed?

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

Sisilly_G

Nintendo refuses to acknowledge dead pixels as a problem worth fixing, and I imagine that the cheaper screen that they used for this model would have to be replaced entirely, but again, Nintendo wouldn't acknowledge it as an issue. The screen itself isn't faulty, but evidently poorer quality than the one used for my launch Switch, which does not display any interlacing artefacts.

I have had dead pixels on some of my 3DSes as well (and I own a few).

I have never sent anything in to Nintendo for repair or even brought these issues to their attention, which is likely not helping with their complacent and sloppy attitude to quality control, and they don't particularly make it easy to contact them either.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

MsJubilee

MsJubilee wrote:

Wow, AI The Somnuim Files loves throwing curveballs at you. It's fantastic, to say the least.

I just finished it. Going to miss these characters, I truly am.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MuhBael

@Silly_G if I were you I would have sent it to any store that fixes these kind of problems. doesn't necessarily has to be Nintendo

MuhBael

NintendoByNature

@Silly_G that stinks man. I don't know how Nintendo customer service is normally in Australia, but Nintendo of America is usually pretty helpful when I've called in. Whether it's getting refunded, or fixing my joy con( back at launch when it kept disconnecting). I know that doesn't help your situation but you might have to consider a repair shop if Nintendo doesn't want to help which is a shame. Sorry to hear. I've had a few issues with my switchs as well..

NintendoByNature

WoomyNNYes

@Silly_G if you just opened the Let's Go switch, a month after buying, you could tell the store it was a gift, and you just opened it & discovered the dead pixels, and return it to the store. Bypassing Nintendo. But I'm guessing it's too late to do that. Thought I'd say something, just in case you could work with that angle.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Sisilly_G

@Woomy_NNYes : I've had it for over a year before actually using it.

I wasn't expecting anything to come of it. I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

JaxonH

I know it’s not going to help now, but this is why it’s a good idea to open any new system you buy and validate it’s good right away. And if it’s not, send it back immediately.

When I ordered my 2 DQXIS Switches, I transferred to the first one which was essentially perfect, but the second one had a single dead pixel. Honestly though you can’t even see it unless the screen is all black and you know where to look. So I learned to ignore it. Could’ve returned it but eh, it’s fine. Screen is super bright too, which I like.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket: Anybody feedback on a Hat in Time? Especially if you're a platforming fan and can compare it to something like Super Lucky's Tale. Also, is it eShop only?

rallydefault

Paige_0124

Hey guys, I just got my Nintendo switch a couple months ago. Add me so we can play dead by daylight. My friend code is: SW-0108-3045-7820

Paige_0124

JaxonH

Ya know, I really do like Tokyo Mirage Sessions. This is exactly the game I needed right now. It’s engaging, and it’s very colorful and cheerful... I’m enjoying it much more than I did back on Wii U. I think part of that might be the fact I am more accustomed to JRPGs now. Back when it first released it seemed so far out and Japanesy and niche, but this time it actually seems pretty tame in that respect. Aside from no English dub, it actually strikes me as a pretty normal JRPG. No more out there than Persona.

The gameplay is fantastic. The core of TMS is rock solid.

@rallydefault
Good game, but the long, frequent load times put me off. It’s not that the load times are extremely excessive but they’re long enough that, when you have them as frequently as you do, it just starts to grate on you... at least, it did for me. But the game itself is pretty fun. It’s sold as a physical version as well.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

veeflames

@rallydefault loving what I've played of the game so far, although I've put it off for now for Astral Chain. It's a cheesy sorta game, but you will definitely adore the overall charm of the game, especially if you loved Super Mario 64. Visuals take a surprising hit (I have the game on my laptop and it looks much better on that platform), but you're not playing games on the Switch for visual clarity, right?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

rallydefault

@Vee_Flames
You know me, man. Gotta be 4k at 90fps or bust.

Lol thanks for input! I will keep my eye on it. Will probably just depend what amazon sales happen this week.

rallydefault

link3710

Speaking of 4k or bust, I finally gave in and bought the mClassic. It's a nice little piece of tech for sure. Basically uses smart upscaling and antialiasing to give a much better picture to stuff without AA or low res. Tried it out on a few Switch games.

1. Pokemon SS - Serious improvement. I'm not much of a graphics person, but a pass of antialiasing completely eliminated the shimmering and removed most of the jaggies, making the game far more pleasing to the eye. The colorful and simple designs had made the issues stand out strong prior.
2. Bayonetta - Looks better in motion, but you need a keener eye to see the improvement thanks to the titles heavy use of motion blur. Still, it does looks significantly closer to the maxed out PC version running on my gaming computer on my TV, which was a fun test. Most noticable thing that made it look older was the occasional low res texture that's mixed in for some reason.
3. 2d Titles - No effect, but I didn't expect any. There's a retro mode for SNES/NES titles, haven't tried that out yet but... eh. Don't know that I need it.
4. Luigi's Mansion 3 - No noticable effect. No surprise considering how the game already looks. There probably was an improvement of some sort, but I don't have the eye to spot it.
5. Astral Chain - Very noticable when walking around, the ripples where you can half see through a character's model are mostly eliminated, though it still doesn't look right. In battle the effect was far better, making all the characters look more well-defined as they moved instead of blurry. Definitely the best game I tried so far.

Anyways, I also got it to run my Wii U / PS2 through, with much strong effects in those games. But figured I'd post the results here. Basically, for 3D games the lower res, and less Antialiasing used, the better the outcome. Not surprising considering that's what it's meant to fix. Anyways, I don't really find it necessary just for Switch titles, but it's nice since I'm running my whole retro catalog + the Switch through it via a switch.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

The mysterious Nintendo Network maintenance is less than 14 hours away.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MuhBael

@Grumblevolcano I'm new in the Switch community. Do these manteniance have leaks or something?

MuhBael

Grumblevolcano

@MuhBael Sometimes certain maintenance ends up being a sign for an incoming system update. The current mysterious maintenance is "Network services (Friend notifications, etc.)" and "Purchasing and using passes".

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html

Could mean something or could be nothing significant like the maintenance earlier this month.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ryobi85

The drift on my left joycon is awful. Playing smash and couldn't turn to My right after 3 taps. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrh! And 80 pounds when been looked after. Such a shame cos I love the switch! 😂🤔😭😢

it's smash time people

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic