Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,621 to 45,640 of 69,964

Grumblevolcano

I'm confused as to where the Ashen Wolves appear with the new Three Houses DLC. Is it a case of when you choose to pick a house they're another option or do you pick your house as usual and then later on you can explore Abyss and recruit them?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

Only beef I have with the eshop is that it's a little too prone to errors when scrolling through a large list of games on sale, and there should be a basket for stacking multiple purchases into one.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

The eshop isn't great, but it works for my purposes.

I hate the PS4's webstore, though. It's slow and confusingly laid out. I always just shop on the actual Playstation Store website, which is pretty nice.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NintendoByNature

gcunit wrote:

Only beef I have with the eshop is that it's a little too prone to errors when scrolling through a large list of games on sale, and there should be a basket for stacking multiple purchases into one.

Exactly this. Id rather not make multiple purchases. Especially if I'm buying 3 or 4 games at a time. Have a shopping cart would be sweet. Other than that, I love the simple functionality of the switch.

NintendoByNature

link3710

@Atomic77 Metroid Prime 4 is already announced, so yes we know at least one is coming. On top of that, there's rumblings MercurySteam is making a 2D Metroid for Switch, and that a port of Metroid Prime Trilogy exists and will be released at some point.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Looks like UK stock of Switch games has returned to the Wii U era, didn't get my TMS#FE Encore preorder because Nintendo isn't giving enough stock for preorders.

I wonder if Nintendo thinks PS5/Series X = Nintendoom.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KryptoniteKrunch

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Looks like UK stock of Switch games has returned to the Wii U era, didn't get my TMS#FE Encore preorder because Nintendo isn't giving enough stock for preorders.

I wonder if Nintendo thinks PS5/Series X = Nintendoom.

I'd say it's more because it's a pretty niche game in Nintendo's weakest region. Nintendo is usually pretty conservative with shipments with niche games.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Dezzy

PikPi wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

Don’t get this fascination with the various Digital storefronts. They all work the same to me. I load it up, search for the game I want, buy it, then close it down. Same as physical Retail shops, I go in knowing what I want because I’ve done my research beforehand.

That's how I feel, lol, but apparently people really struggle with navigating store pages

Nahhhh, there's a massive range in quality of digital storefronts. Things like recommendations for other games you might like, and then ratings systems for user reviews or professional reviews, and the ability to search through games using various criteria. These are all helpful.

Steam is probably the best in my opinion. Switch is probably the worst. Wii U was quite bad. 3DS was OKish. PS4 and Xbox One are both better than any of the Nintendo ones, but worse than Steam.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

3DS eShop was the weirdest thing more than anything. It was just...random categories randomly appearing for no reason. And important stuff was made annoying to find like...adding funds...?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

link3710

@New_Guest Oh yeah, it's like that on PS4, but the issue remains that if I'm not looking at the PS4 at that exact moment for whatever reason I'll miss it. Plus, it's disruptive when it happens during a cutscene.

@electrolite77 I'm curious if you've used the PS4 one. If you have, can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong that the pages will never load so I can't actually buy anything without opening and closing it several times. It's actually harder to use than 3DS, and that should be the worst of any eshop ever made.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Atomic77

I personally think eshops get better with every system. As a older gamer 42 years old and not having very many experience with systems other than Nintendo I don’t really know too much about what other eshops are like.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

EvilLucario

Idk, I never just sit there browsing for any game on my consoles. If I want to know of a game, I'm on my phone or PC looking it up. So I personally can't really relate.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

electrolite77

@Dezzy @link3710

I think the PS4 one is dreadful, in fact a good example of what I’m talking about. I only use it to look for something specific or download Plus games and it makes that difficult. I’m on a Pro and it still isn’t exactly quick. I don’t need video playing in the background just let me quickly get to what I want and get out.

It’s got a Basket so that’s something though.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Octane

@electrolite77 The PS browser store works better. So I tend to buy stuff from my PC. It console store works fine if you know what you're looking for, but I don't really like browsing it.

Octane

JaxonH

Steam is amazing. But you can very easily get lost going down the rabbit hole of recommendations and similar games.

It’s definitely the gold standard. But at the end of the day I know all the games that release on Switch. If I don’t buy it right away, I wish list it so that I don’t forget about it.

As long as you do that, the only thing you’ll ever have to do on the store is go take a look at your wish list.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Buizel

Switch is the only storefront that I can bare using through the console itself. The PS and XB storefronts are definitely far worse imo - I find it a lot easier using a browser for these.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

rallydefault

I hate the Xbox store. I would even put eShop over it.

But yea, 99% of the time I've done my research before going to purchase a digital game. The only time this isn't true is when I'm in the mood to scroll through the Deals tab for half an hour.

I'm not the best to judge by, though. I decided to still go physical media with Switch, so I only have a few games from the eShop.

rallydefault

Cotillion

JaxonH wrote:

Steam is amazing. But you can very easily get lost going down the rabbit hole of recommendations and similar games.

It’s definitely the gold standard. But at the end of the day I know all the games that release on Switch. If I don’t buy it right away, I wish list it so that I don’t forget about it.

As long as you do that, the only thing you’ll ever have to do on the store is go take a look at your wish list.

This is exactly the extent I use the eShop. See a game that I like on another source, like this site, search it on eShop and put it on wishlist.
I don't get why Nintendo is so afraid to allow reviews and recommendations. I have discovered so many great games just from going down that rabbit hole on Steam that I never would have even heard of otherwise, especially when I start looking at curators that have similar tastes. Of course Steam also gets the idiot reviews, which is what I assume Nintendo is afraid of, but it's so easy to know which those are.
Heck, I've seen games here that I've been interested in and know they had a PC release, so I'l go to Steam or GoG to check out the user reviews.

Cotillion

MsJubilee

Wow, AI The Somnuim Files loves throwing curveballs at you. It's fantastic to say the least.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic