Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 4,261 to 4,280 of 44,639

MarcelRguez

@WebHead That looks like something related to AR. We know they've been interested in that for a while now, but I doubt it has anything to do with the NX.

@DefHalan From that comment, I get the feeling that you are thinking of the NX as a home console first, portable console second. Am I wrong?

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Octane

@DefHalan If NX goes with ARM, they could do 3DS BC at least. Maybe use the screen in portrait mode and divide it in two to simulate the two screen of the 3DS? I don't know. Not sure if that will happen, but 3DS BC at least has a chance to happen. But this is Nintendo..

Octane

faint

@WebHead looks like it's related to the qol sleep machine. I remember reading that it would have some kind of projection capability.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

MarcelRguez

Octane wrote:

Maybe use the screen in portrait mode and divide it in two to simulate the two screen of the 3DS?

That was the first thing I thought as well. Unlike DS emulators for PSP, the NX's touchscreen would make it 100% compatible with the 3DS's particularities (disregarding stretoscopic 3D, that is)

The only problem I can find with that is the controls. If you're playing in portrait mode, you don't have access to anything but a set of ABXY buttons and a stick/d-pad. That can only be solved by putting both controllers together, but that means you can't use the touch screen. You could choose one way or another depending on the game but, no matter how you do it, you're always choosing between sacrificing touch controls or sacrificing the L/R buttons.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

DefHalan

@Octane Is there a rumor that mention the controllers could connect to the side of the screen in portrait mode? I remember people speculating that but i don't remember a rumor.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

@MarcelRguez Yeah, I thought about that whilst I was typing it, maybe you can stick the controllers to the other two sides as well? Ugh.. I hope the concept itself looks better than the rumours..

Octane

MarcelRguez

@DefHalan @Octane If that were the case, the NX would turn into a cross-shaped aberration whilst in portrait mode. I don't see an easy solution.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

gcunit

What I'm finding difficult to square: the Eurogamer article was fairly detailed, but was weeks ago now. If someone was prepared to share that much information then, why hasn't there been more stuff leaked since?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@MarcelRguez Not that I imagine it looking much better in its current shape.. Oh well.. We'll see once they actually reveal the thing.

@gcunit Emily Rogers got kidnapped by the Nintendo ninjas obviously.

Octane

MarcelRguez

That's... a pretty good point.

Maybe there's not a lot more to be shared. Maybe Nintendo has been done with the hardware for a while now and they're just waiting for the software to be ready for launch. Maybe they've tightened security since the leaks.

MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

Somewhat new declarations here, abridged version below:

Yves Gillemot wrote:

"I think, once again, the interface is very attractive," he said. "It's a machine that will be easy to use for all gamers. They have built in something that will give us chance to really have a different experience from what exists today. That's what I like - that they come with something new that is adapted to what we actually want now".

When we asked if Guillemot saw the NX as a step back towards the Wii's more inclusive (and financially successful) approach, he said:

"It's difficult to answer that [before NX is revealed]. What we see is that Nintendo has learned from the Wii U. All publishers learn from what they do, and then come with something new and more attractive, which I think is the case here."

I find the part in bold strange. Can he just be referring to making a dev-friendly device, one that it's easy to port games to? If he isn't referring to that, I don't see how the hybrid idea would be just what Ubisoft would want.

MarcelRguez

DefHalan

@MarcelRguez With such a big publisher, especially a publisher that is involved with so many different types of games. (Just Dance, Assassins Creed, Trials, Far Cry) It is very vague. What did they learn from wii U? What games are they wanting to make for the NX? It doesn't really tell us and it just feels like the beginning of the Wii U again where Ubisoft was on board until sales weren't great... ZombiU was awesome

gcunit

MarcelRguez wrote:

Somewhat new declarations here, abridged version below:

Yves%20Gillemot wrote:

"I think, once again, the interface is very attractive," he said. "It's a machine that will be easy to use for all gamers. They have built in something that will give us chance to really have a different experience from what exists today. That's what I like - that they come with something new that is adapted to what we actually want now".

When we asked if Guillemot saw the NX as a step back towards the Wii's more inclusive (and financially successful) approach, he said:

"It's difficult to answer that [before NX is revealed]. What we see is that Nintendo has learned from the Wii U. All publishers learn from what they do, and then come with something new and more attractive, which I think is the case here."

I find the part in bold strange. Can he just be referring to making a dev-friendly device, one that it's easy to port games to? If he isn't referring to that, I don't see how the hybrid idea would be just what Ubisoft would want.

When he uses 'we' in that quote, I think he means a generic 'we', not Ubisoft. It's just more rhetoric in my eyes.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

WebHead

Go see RCMadiax twitter.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AlternateButtons

As much as I appreciate what RCMadiax does, they would probably be one of the last devs to get a hold of the NX. They fall into the Treefall Studios level of indie devs. They're full of potential but so far have yet to make a game to show for it. With classic titles such as Blok Drop U and Toss N Go, certainly they MUST know what the NX is right?

No. I doubt it. They're doing this for attention and I hate it.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

DefHalan

WebHead wrote:

Go see RCMadiax twitter.

Untitled
Just zoomed in...
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by DefHalan

MarcelRguez

@WebHead It's a Wii Mini.

@gcunit That makes sense, actually. "We as consumers". And I was getting my hopes up for a second.

MarcelRguez

AlternateButtons

Whatever this thing is....I hope it's as good as Ubisoft says.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic