Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,841 to 41,860 of 69,954

Magician

AlternateButtons wrote:

Has it occured to anybody that we're 3 days away from a new Fire Emblem? This release snuck up on me real good. I also havent seen a lot of pre-release hype strangely. Why is that?

The hype is real among the Nintendo enthusiasts. But the game will probably go overlooked by the casual Nintendo fans. I'm not surprised Nintendo isn't throwing much marketing towards Fire Emblem. What are the numbers for the best selling entry in the series? FE Birthright at 2.85m units?

If Fire Emblem sold like Zelda, Mario Kart, or Smash Bros. things might be different.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,234 games (as of March 12th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

AlternateButtons wrote:

@JaxonH @Magician But wait Isnt FE one of Nintendo's most profitable franchises right now? I mean they made a mobile game out of it. And the representation it has in Smash is astounding. Is it still considered a niche franchise?

I wouldn't say FE is niche. More like...fringe. I don't doubt FE will sell better than Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Octopath Traveler did. But at the end of the Switch's life I doubt it'll be a top ten best seller.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons I think the hype only really kicked in after E3 when they showed more story details. Before then not many people were hyping it all that much because of the graphics and the school setting, lmao. So dumb.

I admit to not really hyping up the game myself but I've still been anticipating it.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

Fire Emblem isnt top tier, but given the 2-3 million of Awakening and Fates, I figure a FE on Switch will naturally hit 3-4 just because everything sells more on Switch.

But this entry has people particularly hyped, which tells me it could even do an extra mil on top of it. 4-5 best case scenario, 3-4 worst case scenario, but that's still really really good for an SRPG.

It's gonna pass up Persona in popularity, which is pretty incredible.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tasuki

So apparently this is the cause of the Joy Con drifts

I am actually shocked that Nintendo has such poor quality control nowadays. I have NES and SNES controllers that are 30 years old and still work great. Man Nintendo what has happened to you.

If this is the case it doesn't bode well for the Switch Lite, they are almost going to have to redesign the Joycon for the Life. At least with the OG Switch if this does happen you can go buy a new one, might not be the cheapest option but still.

Nintendo should be ashamed to have let this past quality control.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

link3710

@Tasuki Well, yeah, this is well known. See, Nintendo doesn't create the joysticks themselves (neither does Sony or Microsoft), they buy them from another company. And if you're looking for low profile, clickable joysticks, there's currently only one option... and this is it. Quite frankly, I'd much rather they had used full size joysticks so that they weren't shoddily made but here we are.

link3710

gcunit

link3710 wrote:

@Tasuki Well, yeah, this is well known. See, Nintendo doesn't create the joysticks themselves (neither does Sony or Microsoft), they buy them from another company. And if you're looking for low profile, clickable joysticks, there's currently only one option... and this is it. Quite frankly, I'd much rather they had used full size joysticks so that they weren't shoddily made but here we are.

So if there's only one option, why isn't it happening to everyone? This past week the world has gone joy con drift crazy, but before that there were many millions of joy cons happily going about there non-drifting business. And there will be next week too.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

IceClimbers

Haven't there been reports about the pro controller sticks drifting too? Those are full size sticks unlike the Joycons

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Dogorilla

@IceClimbers I think my pro controller stick is starting to drift, I just noticed it today

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

HobbitGamer

@Dogorilla That’s not true, that’s impossible. Because it never happened to me. Next you’re gonna tell me that being in a pool during lighting is dangerous, even though it never caused harm to me.
😜 That sucks, though. Hopefully it’s easier to remedy.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ralizah

@Tsurii Ah yes. The good ol days where "my Switch is literally melting in the dock!"

Joycon drift complaints have been consistent, though, even if they didn't always have Kotaku articles to signal boost them. Also, it has affected a number of people I know IRL, me included, so I tend to believe that it's actually a fairly wide-spread problem.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NintendoByNature

Im one of them ( joy con drift issue ). Fixed it though with a 2 analog stick kit from Amazon for only $15). Better than the $40 i wouldve paid for Nintendo to fix it. Plus i have a spare when the new one gets the googly drift back 😊

NintendoByNature

EvilLucario

My sticks aren't drifting but my friend's Joy-Con did drift.

That said, the Joy-Cons was the first time I've ever had any problems with controllers, because my left Joy-Con's connection is absolute crap. It can't go more than two feet without just cutting out constantly, so they have to be stuck in handheld mode.

I give the DS4 a ton of crap but at least it works. Even the Wii Balance Board worked to a degree.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Magician

Downloading the Oninaki demo right now.

Trying to keep the hype in check as I Am Setsuna and Lost Sphear were sort of "meh".

JaxonH

Downloading Oninaki demo as well.

Lost Sphear started out promising, with an intriguing battle system, but ultimately I just didn’t like it as much as I’d hoped. So I’ve gone into Oninaki with the same reservation most people had about Lost Sphear coming from I Am Setsuna.

That being said, this one really does look good, so we’ll see...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH @Magician I played the demo earlier today. It's interesting. Very, very dark subject matter. Only played for an hour, and I've already killed parents so that they could join their deceased child in the afterlife and had to deal with the aftermath of a suicidal death cult.

A form of incentivized euthanasia is also discussed at one point.

Combat is decent, though. The daemons you are bound to remind me a lot of XC2's Blades, and I like that you can unlock their memories from when they were alive.

Handheld mode is a bit soft, but it's nothing horrendous.

The worst thing for me was the absence of music during large portions of the demo. Very strange choice for a JRPG.

It looks way better than their last two games, but it's not really a game I'm willing to drop $50 on. Might wait until it hits $25 or less before jumping. For the money, I'd rather buy the gorgeous Ni no Kuni port releasing in September.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah game sounds REALLY dark. I downloaded the demo myself. Don't play many jrpg's so I'm not going in with low or high expectations. Just sort of...on the fence expectations. Might not give it a try tonight though. Pretty deep in bloodstained and every night I at least get an hour or so of smm2 in 😃

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic