Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,861 to 41,880 of 45,947

Luna_110

@toiletduck
I'm glad it worked out! Enjoy NSMBU with a working Pro Controller.
Once you fix that detail, it reaches the Wii U Pro Controller's levels of godliness.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

toiletduck

@Luna_110 yeah I can imagine! I may try some of the NES games again, now that I seem to have a proper d-pad. I'm gonna try the fix on my 8bitdo too later this week, once the torque precision screwdrivers I ordered arrive. Thanks again.

toiletduck

JaxonH

Gods and Monsters, from the creator of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, is confirmed coming to Switch (as well as that Roller Blade game Ubisoft announced according to the leaks, but the fact it exists confirms the leak is true and that it’s coming)

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI S, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Astral Chain

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Ryu_Niiyama

Gods and Monsters saved the show for me. Although If Watchdogs delivers I'm going to create my army of gun toting grannies.

Are people really comparing Gods and monsters to BOTW? It looks like somebody hit AC:Odyssey with a Pixar hammer. Like As soon as I saw the PC I was like "Kassandra! Cheire!"

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NintendoByNature

@Ryu_Niiyama I think the art direction of the world looks like botw. But I agree with You, star of the show for sure

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

^yeah I don't see it. It looks like AC or rather the Elysium dlc. But Ubisoft has already refuted the BOTW comparisons.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Buizel

@Ryu_Niiyama I think it's because of the nature of the reveal, as @Ralizah put it in another thread:

Ralizah wrote:

The art style, that zoom in to the girl-person-whatever standing with his/her/its back to the camera... that had to be intentional.

Buizel

kkslider5552000

JaxonH wrote:

Gods and Monsters, from the creator of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, is confirmed coming to Switch

Is it sad that my first thought to this news is "no wonder its colorful"? Because god forbid the other 2/3 of console owners get games with primary colors.

I mean, it's good that it's coming to Switch, and I assume this means it will be using the art style to make up for not having as technically impressive graphics as the latest AC games. Also if its ripping off Zelda? Good. More people need to rip off Zelda more often.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

JaxonH

Ubisoft can refute all they want. But the first thing it reminded me of was Kid Icarus x Breath of the Wild. Whether that was their intention or not, that was the impression I and many others got.

Apparently Gods and Monsters is supposed to be a poem from Homer or something. Sounds really artistic and cool

edit
Nice, the leaks of SE entire conference were true. The Last Remnant Remastered dropping on Switch tonight.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI S, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Astral Chain

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

I wonder what'll come first, the NES and SNES FF games or the FFXIII trilogy.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Luna_110

One of the shots in the Gods and Monster was definitively inspired on BotW, that was the most similar thing for me. I'm glad its coming to Switch, though, it saved Ubi's press conference for me - the rest was an absolute disaster.

Square's presentation was good, solid 8/10 for me. Lost of RPGs, Romancing SaGa 3, the Last Remnant dropping tonight, FFVIII remaster, FF Chronicles Remastered, Oninaki... Lost of things!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature $24.99 is pricier than I was expecting. I think I'll wait for a good sale on this.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

JaxonH

Square Enix must have had a sudden change of heart with their pricing policies.

The Last Remnant Remastered for $19.99? I was expecting $49.99, maybe $39.99 at best given their historical pricing.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Therad

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Gods and Monsters saved the show for me. Although If Watchdogs delivers I'm going to create my army of gun toting grannies.

Are people really comparing Gods and monsters to BOTW? It looks like somebody hit AC:Odyssey with a Pixar hammer. Like As soon as I saw the PC I was like "Kassandra! Cheire!"

I thought it looked like a modern take on kid Icarus... But it is far too early to talk gameplay.

Therad

NintendoByNature

Ralizah wrote:

@NintendoByNature $24.99 is pricier than I was expecting. I think I'll wait for a good sale on this.

I mean.. I kinda expected it although im not thrilled about it. Crypt I think is up for $20 so I figured theyd slap at least 5 or 10 more on it with zelda. Even being a huge zelda fan I'm not sure I'll like the game. I hear crypt is really hard so i might wait on a review

NintendoByNature

Azooooz

I'll give my realistic expectations of what's going to be shown in the direct:
1- Luigi's Mansion 3 gameplay.
2- Mario and Sonic at 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
3- More Astral Chains gameplay
4- More Pokemon Sword/Shield Gameplay (Because Wynaut?)
5- Fire Emblem: The Three Houses (To fill the direct time).
6- New features for Super Mario Maker 2.
7- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Challenger Pack 2.
8- Animal Crossing 2019 gameplay and release date.
9- Daemon X Machina gameplay and release date.
10- Marvel Ultimate Alliance short gameplay.
11- New Nindie games.
12- The star of the show: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Thanks @Arbor for mentioning)
Anything other than that, is a bonus. I expect new IPs to be shown, but I won't hold my breath on that.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Ryu_Niiyama

Disgaea 4 heading to Switch!

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Arbor

@Azooooz they’ve got to mention link’s awakening as well!

Arbor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic