Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,301 to 40,320 of 70,008

Luna_110

The only system I've ever had issues with was my DS Lite, after I dropped it by accident.
The upper screen got a red tint to it and a pixel got black, so I had to sent it for repairs. It wasn't cheap, plus they didn't have the upper replacement part that matched it (it was a Nintendogs special edition) so they just replaced it for a pink one. That still hurts.

The rest of my Nintendo systems are still chugging along, I did some maintenance to my GBA SP since the speaker was wonky and it just was that a metal part had slightly bended. I fixed it and its like new.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Zuljaras

@Luna_110 Funny that my old DL Lite was the only one that failed me as well. But it did it out of nothing. The top screen just started flashing. Probably the ribbon cable. I hate those things. The fix was easy - ordered a new one from Ebay.

The old one was second hand but I think they were not handling it with care. Non the less it served me like a champ for 4 years I still have its "corpse" (I dismantled it to see what is inside) in its original case tucked with the other consoles.

link3710

Oh, I went through... uh... let's see:
1. My original Gameboy (the grey brick) gave up the ghost after about 22 years, the screen stopped displaying things.
2. My Wii had the lens on the disc reader burn through. I would leave the system on for weeks at a time, so that one was probably my fault. I had it repaired and it works to this day.
3. My original DS I accidentally dropped my 80lb backpack on, cracked the screen.
4. My DS Lite #1 had the hinge go, and the wires eventually started wearing due to exposure after it cracked off.
5. My original 3DS also had a broken screen, and I don't know how it even happened.
Everything else (NES/SNES/N64/GameCube/Wii U / Switch/2 GB Pockets/ 2 GBCs / GBA / GBA SP / DS Lite #2/ New 3DS XL) Are all in perfect working order. Plus, most of them (besides my original DS/Wii/Wii U/3DS/Switch) I got used at like, garage sales and stuff for basically nothing, so I dunno how they were treated before I got them.

link3710

Buizel

@Ralizah haha, I was gonna make a similar comment suggesting it was reflective of the console market at the time.

At least 2'8".

HobbitGamer

I had a GameCube laser die after dropping the cube in the driveway, and only one 360 rrod after 3 years.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Magician

Personally I went through: 4x Xbox 360 (3x RRoD), 3x PS1 (2x overheating issues), and 3x PS2 (2x disc reading issues), 2x PSP (1x dead pixels). Every other console I've ever owned I've only needed one as I never had issues, from Atari 2600 to PS4.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tangerine

My cat urinated on my gamecube it worked intermittently after that... and smelled like cat pee!

I put a mini CD in my iMac and broke the CD drive. I had to open it up and replace it before I could sell it.

I kicked the same iMac into my 3D TV too, leaving a huge scratch on the tv screen. I was thrashing around, out of my head. Also got taken away in an ambulance directly after that, came too, walked out the hospital and hitchhiked home. Not my proudest moment

This was 7 years ago. I don't do things like that anymore, thank God!

Tangerine

IceClimbers

My biggest issue with the Joycons is the matte finish on them is super susceptible to the oils on your hands. Never had that issue with the DSi, or at least not like I do with the Joycons.

Also the dock scratches the screen. Not too big of an issue as it's just scratching the screen protector, but still it's rather annoying.

I've had 360s RROD twice and my original PS3 (MGS4 bundle!) eventually had YLOD.

The battery in my launch 3DS also crapped out, which is interesting considering the batteries in my DS Lite and DSi work fine, and they've had FAR more usage thanks to my unhealthy amount of hours playing Pokemon lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

@IceClimbers I replaced my OG 3DS with an XL because of the stupid design decision to have raised borders around the bottom part of the screen, which leads to deep scratches along the 3D screen. Bleh!

N3DS XL is pretty much perfect, though, aside from the placement of the stylus.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

gcunit

Good. So we're all agreed - joy-cons are not exclusively prone to issues amongst gaming hardware

Think the only previous issue I've had is the Wii laser needing replacing cos I wore the first one out with home burnt ISOs.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Maaryotyme

@gcunit I had the same problem but I picked up another, Just the unit for 11 pounds for burning purposes.

Maaryotyme

EvilLucario

Everyone PUT UP because THE GOAT XENOBLADE 2 HAS CROSSED 1.73 MILLION SINCE MARCH 2019

πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

WE GONNA HIT THAT 2 MILLION SOON BOYOS

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

Adding to the discussion about you guys' broken consoles, I had a few instances like that with mine, but not too much.

1) My GameCube would not read discs anymore. I never had a clue what happened to it, though that was years ago. We had to get a new one in 2003 (it's platinum-colored). That one still works pretty well to this day.

2) The OG DS that me and my brother shared had its touch screen busted. I tried calibrating it, but to no avail. Maybe Pokemon Dash was the culprit? My bro played that quite a bit before Diamond and Pearl came out.

3) My Wii had a TON of trouble reading discs. It fell a lot. We always had GameCube controllers plugged in and we had it standing up (I should've had it on its side... go me). As a result, I kept getting "an error has occurred" and "the disc could not be read" messages. It was especially bad when I was trying to play GameCube games. When I got my Wii U, I was practically forced to transfer all my downloaded games and save data to it, so I did just that! Thankfully, my Wii U still works perfectly.

4) And of course the Joy-Con drifting problem. I use the Pro Controller when I play my Switch in docked mode, which I don't mind because it's probably my favorite controller. Thankfully, the drifting issue doesn't occur for me when I play Super Mario Party (a game that requires using Joy-Cons on their side).

Other than those, I don't have too much issues with my Nintendo consoles. There's the old "blow into the SNES carts if they don't work" problem that I had, but most people have been doing it already so I won't go into detail on that.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Arbor

i’ve had a ton of trouble trying to get my n64 working lately. i need to get some compressed air. i’ve tried blowing on it, cleaning the carts and the console with rubbing alcohol, etc, but nothing’s worked.

my switch has held up pretty good over the past year, but every now and then my right joycon will just stop working. all i have to do is slide it out and put it back in though. and my left joycon charges slower than my right. both relatively minor issues though.

Arbor

Ralizah

@EvilLucario Nice. Xenoblade 2 deserves all the sales it gets. It and the Torna expansion are absolutely incredible experiences.

Still amazed NieR: Automata apparently sold 4 million copies.

Hopefully these companies are seeing that extremely Japanese games can thrive in Western markets.

JaxonH

We all know being a portable console, Switch is going to miss most of the big, new releases.

Cost of doing business gaming on a hybrid.

But there’s still some good stuff getting leaked, if anyone is interested. Beyond the Darksiders Genesis

Spyro Trilogy (releases Sept)[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Ni No Kuni (listed separately from the remaster on PS4/PC, supposedly same remaster though, just different res, perhaps not marketed as such to avoid the typical β€œbut it’s not Remastered like the other versions” blowback

I’m definitely good with that, particularly the second, which will make a fine addition to the ever growing hybrid Hall of Classics library

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

kkslider5552000

I remember when Xenoblade was that game that NOA didn't think was worth bringing over despite ****-all happening on the Wii by that point, even after the NOE release was highly acclaimed. Actually, I remember when niche JRPGs were stuck in Japan and presumed to be a dead genre no one cared about outside of a few select series. Like Tales Of, Bravely Default and Ni No Kuni at one point all had the possibility of being stuck in Japan forever. Things sure have changed...

Ralizah wrote:

Still amazed NieR: Automata apparently sold 4 million copies.

To this day I'm still baffled at how that game did so well. In a good way.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GeeEmm

@JaxonH
Pretty stoked for the second one.
Always wanted to play that.

GeeEmm

Ralizah

@JaxonH I'm INCREDIBLY excited for Ni no Kuni. Holy crud! I can't believe I'm going to be able to play that on a Nintendo portable soon.

And Spyro?!

I'm going to bankrupt by 2020.

Anti-Matter

If The Sims 4 finally revealed on Nintendo Switch, it will be The End of my PS4 Slim since i never want to buy PS4 machine from the beginning.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic