Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,281 to 40,300 of 41,089

subpopz

Galarian_Lassie wrote:

Sweet! I really like this series. Like to see the first 2 on Switch as well to have the full series.

subpopz

ReaderRagfish

@JaxonH Didn't you hear? Google Stadia is going to totally destroy the Switch and all other platforms

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

IceClimbers

Shantae 5 will be a day one purchase for me. Love that series. Hope it's more like Pirate's Curse than Half Genie Hero though. Wonder if we'll see Risky's Revenge Director's Cut come to Switch this year.

Anyways, grabbed Captain Toad today. Looking forward to playing it though not sure if I should finish Wolfenstein first or not lol.

Lots of $30-40 budget titles over the next couple months. Darksiders, Ace Attorney Trilogy, Dragon's Dogma, Saints Row the Third, Assassin's Creed III Remastered, and those RE ports (those three are overpriced but whatever...).

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoByNature

I've never played more than 15 minutes of a shantae game. But that was the original I bought on 3ds vc.. every time i see a shantae game on sale I'm always so close to making the purchase. But the original never wow'd me so I never played on or another in the series

NintendoByNature

IceClimbers

Duck Game is coming on May 2nd. It's about time that got a release date!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

SamusLv7

That's nice to know. I'll buy it once I buy the games that I have set my eyes on.

Edited on by SamusLv7

SamusLv7

Therad

subpopz wrote:

Therad wrote:

Dedicated servers are about consistency. If it lags, it lags for everyone.

This is just not true and unfortunately a common misconception. If the server itself lags, then yes, everyone would lag.
But, the server does not in any way fix the amount or quality of the hops and distance between you and the server. You could lag every time you logon, while I have zero lag. I will forever have an advantage, all due to where we live in relation to the server.
This has been common in many MMOs (where P2P is not an option) for many years now that some people to have unfair advantage from having low ping due largely to their geographic location. Very common to see ping ranges of a couple hundred ms between people. I have a ping of 50~60ms in the MMO I play, while other people in my guild can be around 400~500ms. I just happen to live closer to the server.

I wholeheartedly agree that we should not be paying for access to P2P, but paying for a dedicated server isn't the magical fix-all many people seem to think it is.

ReaderRagfish wrote:

I would agree with this if it weren't for the fact that Nintendo has made versions of the 3DS that aren't 3D.

To be fair.....they did rename it to 2DS

The problem is that you get all the problems you list with servers plus any connection problems the host has, including a very good chance they are on a wifi connection since the switch doesn't have built-in Ethernet. A server should have at least a company connection.

It isn't like you will connect to your neighbor every time, you might connect to someone across the globe. And you can't demand Nintendo to scale up the service, because they can't.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Therad

JaxonH wrote:

From Wall Street Journal
Industry watchers expect sales for the Switch to begin declining soon.

Also From Wall Street Journal, next sentence in the paragraph
Analysts polled by Visible Alpha, a provider of market forecasts, anticipate on average that 17.9 million units of the Switch will be sold in the fiscal year ending this month, followed by 17.4 million in the following year.

[counts Switch sales for Y1... 17-18m]
[counts Switch sales for Y2... 17-18m]
[Switch sale predictions for Y3... 17-18m]

Did I miss the definition of decline?

@scubydo
No. They’re all their own thing. If you want the main dish, Atelier Lydie and Suelle is a great pick. Or the Trilogy on the eShop, a few of which are highly rated among hardcore fans.

This one is a base building spinoff as mentioned, so it’s different than all the others. Still a fun game, just different. So if resource management and top down view town construction is more your thing, Nelke would probably be a better pick.

Peaked would have been a better choice of words. Maybe.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

JaxonH

Oooh, Labyrinth of Galleria announced for Switch (sequel to Labyrinth of Refrain, which was a solid hidden gem). Only announced for Japan atm but it'll release in the west also, just like its predecessor. NIS Online Store will likely have a limited edition also. I regret passing on the Labyrinth of Refrain LE. I really do. Had I known the game was so good I would have been all over it

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Far Cry New Dawn, Trials Fusion
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

I hope there's crossplay between Switch, PC and XB1 for Killer Queen Black, it has just been announced the XB1 version is coming to Xbox Game Pass.

On another note Steamworld Quest is releasing April 25th.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

So enhanced switch will be more like 3DS to New 3DS rathwr than Xbox One to Xbox One X. In that case I expect it to launch at $299 and current switch will be phased out.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AlohaPizzaJack

I mean, isn't 3DS > N3DS like X1 > X1X though? Processing power changes, maintaining backwards compatibility, etc. This is all just a recycled rumor anyway. There's no verified sources. Both articles say they're verified, but don't name them. This was even supposed to happen 'early' 2019, according to a rumor 7 months ago.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Knuckles-Fajita

@WebHead So the differemce would be a RAM increase? Riiiight.

Maybe they could change the limit on the Tegra X1. Its not running amywhere nesr full capacity as is. Remove the limit in a upend model and suddenly its more powerful despite not changing the hardware at all

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

WebHead

I would expect a built in 4k upscaler to play nice with 4k tvs along with docked games running 900-1080p.

WebHead

link3710

@WebHead That's the first time I've heard someone suggest that, but it makes a lot of sense. In fact, I'd expect it to be built into the dock, rather than the system itself.

link3710

WebHead

@link3710 ive heard switch games that run below 900p docked can look kinda bad on 4ktvs duento double upscaling. Also guessing the budget switch will be same power level as current switch undocked.

WebHead

EvilLucario

Maybe the "Pro" can run handheld games at docked fidelity or some crap. Who knows.

I don't know if I care about an upgrade anyway. Still rocking my original 3DS to this day after all.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

WebHead

@EvilLucario yeah again its said mot to be a huge jump so your current switch is likely good. I do not exoect enhanced switch only games. That's not gonna fly anymore in today's climate.

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic