Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,321 to 40,340 of 69,995

RR529

@Anti-Matter, before you get rid of your PS4 why won't you try titles like Tearaway Unfolded, Gravity Rush, Ratchet & Clank, Knack, the Tales series (there is one also on Switch, but PS4 currently has a couple more), Everybody's Golf, and the Last Guardian?

As far as I can tell, these titles seem fit your tastes (all E or T rated, cartoony or anime art direction, and in terms of "bad" content they have nothing worse than Final Fantasy X or Metroid Prime: Federation Force, both of which I know you like) but you're not interested in any of them?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Toy_Link

I'm interested to see if the Spyro Trilogy will get new extra content (in all versions) to celebrate the launch the launch of the PC and Switch ports similar to how Crash N Sane Trilogy got an extra level and some other small changes when it went multiplatform

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Anti-Matter

@RR529
Let me check.
Tearaway = Nah... Too blocky like Minecraft 😐
Gravity Rush = Still not interested at all 😐
Ratchet & Clank = I have sold the game after 2 hours gameplay since 2 years ago, i didn't find any interesting from 3rd person view "shooting" 3D platformer like that. 😑
Tales series = Zero interest.... 😐
Everybody's Golf = Looked interesting but i'm bad at playing golf video games so i don't think i can enjoy the game. 😣
The Last Guardian = Zero interest... 😑

Btw, i have Double, Triple, so many times checking those titles from playasia but still... Not interested.

The only games i have very strong interest on PS4 = Portal Knights (despite i have the Switch version as well but the PS4 version still far superior than Switch due to Rainbow Island and DLCs), The Sims 4 (Still my main hostage, i will drop my support with PS4 once this game also on Nintendo Switch with same contents as PS4 version), Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Also on Nintendo Switch but with 30fps, however i can just consider the Switch version only if i changed my mind)

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@ReaderRagfish

ReaderRagfish wrote:

NES- No issues
Genesis- No issues
PS1- No issues
N64- No Issues
Dreamcast- No Issues
PS2- No Issues
Gamecube- Disc drive makes loud clicking noises but otherwise perfectly functional
Xbox- No Issues
Wii- Broken SD card slot (someone shoved a card in backwards years ago) but otherwise perfectly functional
360- No Issues
Switch- No Issues
PS Vita- A bit of screen burn in but otherwise perfectly functional

Also got Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, GBA, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, New 3DS XL. No issues with any of them

What on Earth do you people do to your systems?

"PS Vita- A bit of screen burn in but otherwise perfectly functional"
So I guess you have the first model of the Vita? With the OLED screen?

I read far and wide before investing in Vita and I found that the LCD and the 1 GB internal memory (for saves obviously) gave the edge to the "plastic" model. Even if the colors are not a vivid as the OLED screen.

gcunit

FIFA 20 on Switch will be a 'legacy' edition apparently. See you next Tuesday, EA.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

EA is one of the stupidest companies I’ve ever seen, and there is a lot of stupidity to go around nowadays so that’s really saying something.

But, I just stopped caring. Let them do whatever they’re gonna do. As nice as it would be to have every game in existence on a hybrid, it’s probably never going to happen unless mobile tech sees a breakthrough and can match home console architecture, which is where the focus will always lie.

Just give me my exclusives, give me a fat handful of the classics ported over (doesn’t have to be all of them or even close to the majority- just enough to keep me busy in between the exclusives). Anything else that doesn’t come over I feel I absolutely cannot miss, I can always play on the TV.

So the heck with EA. Support the system, don’t support it... it doesn’t really matter at this point. Give me my Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, Mario Maker 2, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Zelda Links Awakening, Town, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Daemon X Machina, toss in some quality 3rd party titles like Dragon Quest XI S, DQ Builders 2, DOOM Eternal, Wolfenstein Youngblood, God Eater 3, Darksiders 2, Darksiders Genesis, Sniper Elite 3, the aforementioned leaked titles... that’s more than enough to keep me satisfied the remainder of this year (and probably most of next year as well tbh).

I do think I’m gonna pick up an Occulus Quest for Sports Scramble though. I’d written off VR since it’s such a hassle to set up and use every time, but Quest is like the Switch of VR. 100% wireless and mobile without any sensor bars required, and Sports Scramble is the Wii Sports game I’ve been waiting on. It has my bowling. Will probably give away my PSVR to my mom/dad for Christmas. Maybe they can get some use from it.

edit
Secret of Mana Collection leaked for Switch. No big surprise there, but still nice to hear.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GrailUK

Is Nintendo Life going to stream the Super Mario Maker 2 tournament?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

BruceCM

JaxonH wrote:

Secret of Mana Collection leaked for Switch. No big surprise there, but still nice to hear.

That was leaked about a week ago....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Toy_Link

I don't know where the myth of "Devs will leave all the underpowered consoles/handhelds once the next gen consoles arrive". It didn't happen with the GB, DS, PSP, 3DS, and Vita and the transition from the last gen. of consoles to the new gen. is never that seamless, especially with Japanese devs. Anyone remember Sonic Unleashed for PS2, MGSV for PS3 and XB360, Persona 5 for PS3, etc.?

Edited on by Toy_Link

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

JaxonH

The next gen games that won’t be able to run on Switch already can’t run on Switch. So there’s not really going to be any loss there. And 7th gen ports to a newer system won’t hinder their ability to be ported to Switch also, so there’s not really going to be any loss there either. Not to mention, new consoles won’t be out til Holiday 2020 anyways, and most games will be cross generational for 2 years after release at that, putting us at holiday 2022 going into 2023. And by that point, Switch will be 6 years old, tailing the end of its lifespan with the last hurrah of games that have been in development for 3-5 years.

So ya. It’s not an issue.

@BruceCM
It wasn’t actually leaked a week ago, it was just trademarked a week ago, strongly implying a possible release, though no platforms were specified (hence why I said no big surprise)

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GrailUK

@Matthew010 I'm never sure how to contact staff lol.

GrailUK

@Matthew010 Hope so...it starts in 10 mins!

BruceCM

Well, that answers that.... I'm not expecting any new Switch variations this year myself, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

toiletduck

Luna_110 wrote:

@NintendoByNature
I think the main issue of the Pro is the d-pad, it sometimes registers wrong imputs when pressing down on it. Mine had it, but I used a fix that I found online and it's been working without issues since then.

@Luna_110 feels like I have the same issue. What's the fix you've found? At this point I'm seriously considering to open it up and try to fix it myself. If it won't work, I'll buy a new one in a store where I can test it first.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Haruki_NLI

EA support for the Switch has gone from a small puddle to evaporation XD

And the DF look at Octopath on Switch is....very odd. They mention Yoshi as an upcoming title, and also paint the Switch release as if the PC one came first, as the "Switch is downgraded from this PC release".

They also make it sound like the PC version is the only one worth playing.

Then again, they aren't too wise. They made a PC for DOOM and said it wouldn't work as well as it did, good for experiments but should have known it wasn't going to be accurate.

This E3 is probably going to be rough for the Switch. This is the year these companies show their support, this is the peak of it now.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic