Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,061 to 40,080 of 41,124

Ryu_Niiyama

I was upset that the survey didn’t go in depth asking me about virtua fighter. You think you are funny SEGA but you aren’t.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@KryptoniteKrunch
Felt kinda funny saying “I want a Switch port of Valkyria Chronicles” when VC1 and VC4 just released on Switch 😂

But ya, well done. Let Sega know. They released those games on every other platform already- time to let em know there’s money in the bank over here in Switchland. If ya want some, come and get some.

@Octane
Well, considering those games are already out on those systems, they’re probably gonna look at you like you’re living under a rock 🤫

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Far Cry New Dawn, Trials Fusion
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

AlternateButtons

Apparently according to King Zell on Resetera, there's an announcement for Switch coming that is "Impossible" and like "Mario appearing on a Playstation console."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-speculation-...

There's been tons of rumblings about Microsoft doing something big with Nintendo. Some think it's something like Halo coming to Switch. What do you guys think?

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

JaxonH

@AlternateButtons
Yeah I mentioned that several pages ago- we wrapped up that discussion last night/early morning. We move fast around here 😉

I won’t speak for anyone else, but I think MCC is a distinct possibility if an agreement was reached between these two companies which, if the leak is true, seems to be the case. Since Microsoft never voyage into the handheld market I think it would be a fantastic way for them to gain mindshare among the hundred million portable gamers in the world, many of whom have not had exposure to Halo or the Xbox brand.

The opportunity to present the defining collection of flagship titles of the Xbox brand to Switch gamers is about the best possible play Microsoft could ever hope to make at gaining new customers, save sparring with Sony for the spec-focused masses.

I also think it’s likely that Ori and the Blind Forest is coming, based on numerous previous leaks which seem to align. And while there is no actual evidence to support Rare Replay, I think it’s about as good of an educated guess someone could make.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising

Jesus is Lord.

AlternateButtons

@JaxonH Ah sorry. I checked back like 5 pages, I assumed that was all the checking I needed to do. Oops!

I largely agree with you. I think support like Ori and the Blind Forest, maybe Cuphead will come if this rumor is true. I'm unsure if Microsoft would be willing to put their flagship title on Switch though. That's seems like a farther stretch than what the Wii fit Trainer is capable of. I'm hoping for this best case scenario because that would be HUGE for both Microsoft and Nintendo but we'll see I guess.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

JaxonH

@AlternateButtons
At first glance it does seem like a far stretch.

But it really comes down to what kind of agreement they’ve made. If it’s just a simple “hey we have a few smaller titles we wouldn’t mind publishing like we did with Minecraft” then ok, Ori and Cuphead seem about right. And... even that is pretty big right there. Imo, Ori is a game worth buying a console for. I don’t care if it’s a $20 game or not- it’s a $20 game worth buying a console for.

But if it’s more than skin deep, perhaps there’s more to it. The realization that Microsoft wants to transition into a digital platform is dawning faster with each passing week. Or at the very least, wants to expand as a digital platform in addition to, and doesn’t view certain companies as “competitors” as much as potential allies. If they view Switch as a separate, complimentary product catering to a segment of the market in a way that doesn’t encroach on their own turf, I could totally see them striking a deal with Nintendo. To lure in new customers and fans, a sound approach is to give them a small taste of your best recipe. Let them taste and see that Xbox is good. If you reach 10 million people on Switch with Halo, and even 1 million convert into sales now or down the line, that’s an investment well spent. And as far as Nintendo is concerned, it’s a massive score for a hybrid in need of quality FPS and namebrand titles.

Idk. The more I think about it the less crazy it seems

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

EvilLucario

I'm still going to get MCC on Steam because I'm going to play online almost all the time (co-op campaign with a fellow friend who's a HUGE Halo fan + normal modes) so that pretty much outs portable play for me. Plus, mouse + keyboard is just as good as gyro aiming for me.

However, if I didn't have a PC, I'd be so tempted to get it on Switch. Strict dual analog with aim assist feels so outdated. I wish Sony and Microsoft can just jump onto the gyro bandwagon sooner rather than later.

(I know Sony already has gyro, but it's barely an option to aim with it except in... Gravity Rush? Lol)

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Octane

@ReaderRagfihs Google Loba, a cardboard phone holder you can strap to your face as a makeshift VR device!

Octane

FragRed

@Octane Wait, didn't Google already do that?

Edited on by FragRed

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

FragRed

@Octane Oh... my... God! We were in Yoshi's Crafted World all along

Edited on by FragRed

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Therad

AlternateButtons wrote:

Apparently according to King Zell on Resetera, there's an announcement for Switch coming that is "Impossible" and like "Mario appearing on a Playstation console."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-speculation-...

There's been tons of rumblings about Microsoft doing something big with Nintendo. Some think it's something like Halo coming to Switch. What do you guys think?

Mother 3 confirmed! And Mother 4!!! And Mother Zero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hype is real!!! Anything less and Nintendo is dead to me!!!!

(OK I will stop trolling now)

But quite frankly, if it would be like "Mario on a playstation", it would have to be a really big IP. We are talking Halo, gears of war or kingdom hearts. So I would think that is an exaggeration to drum up hype. Ori or cuphead seems about right for an indies direct, they are alright, but they ain't no fat plumber.

Edit: seems I assumed Zell was talking about the coming direct, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Gears tactics maybe? That is a genre that works good in handheld mode and it wouldn't really compete to much with the main series.

Edit 2: oh god, it will be Gears Pop!

Edited on by Therad

Therad

SamusLv7

@nintendobynature I see, thanks 😊
I will then add it to my wish list. I have to arrange my priority list, as I sometimes tend to buy the games that cost more, and then I buy the ones that cost less, so that I don't have to deal with the former ones first.

Edited on by SamusLv7

SamusLv7

Knuckles-Fajita

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Galarian_Lassie

Wow! Konami has just doubled the amount of non-pachinko games that they’re releasing this year!

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

SamusLv7

That's nice! As someone who never played Castlevania, but like the genre thanks to playing games that have some of that essence like Megaman Zero, Megaman ZX and 2D Metroids, I am intrigued by this.

SamusLv7

Therad

So, what do you think of Google Stadia? I think Google is big enough to pull it off with a slow but steady approach.

Therad

AlternateButtons

@Therad It's an awful idea that I want to go back to the depths of hell where it came from. Streaming games should not and CANNOT be the future for consoles. Taking away the ability to own games from the consumer is not the way I want a video game business to run. I'm afraid of the money grubbing techniques companies will use in the future if this model proves successful.

As for the hardware itself? There's no way in hell they can reasonably pull this off. The input lag is going to be obscene. It's 10.7 Teraflops and 8K resolution isn't that impressive if you can't play the games properly. Your ISP needs to be practically flawless to make this work. And it will just devour your data.

Edited on by AlternateButtons

Octane

@Therad

Octane wrote:

Alright, I just caught up the press conference. What a snoozefest. A whole bunch of maybes and ifs. The ''potential'' of the cloud; up to a thousand people in a battle royale; if someone is willing to develop it. Up to 8K and 120fps; maybe, but we can't show it now. Comparing their 10 TFLOPs to two outdated consoles who are going to be replaced soon. Great. But how does it stack up against a high-end PC? No word on input lag, which is going to be there regardless if you want it or not. No word on what to do when your internet is down. Can you download the games? Does it work everywhere? Do you need to live in a big city? Specific countries only? No launch date, no price, we don't even know how it's going to work. Is it a Netflix-like sub? Do you pay on a game-per-game basis? If so, it is monthly, yearly, or forever? How about ''ownership''? Refunds? Will Google rotate the games out rendering some unavailable like Netflix? Google is working on exclusive games. What are they? Nothing. Is it a platformer? An action game? Another battle royale? Or a bunch of PlayStore shovelware? They kept talking about streaming as if Twitch didn't exist. Or the ''horror'' of loading times, when most games these days don't have any loading screens at all. They usually have cut scenes to hide them, and you're going to watch those regardless of whether your own device is playing that game, or one of Google's computers. They kept painting the gaming landscape as some post-80s crash that needs Google to save us, yet at the same time this weird idyllic utopia where Google exists with no competitors, and none of the questions above.

Security concerns aside, nothing convinced me this is a drastic change, or ''the future''. It's basically Google does GamePass/PS Now, some time in the future, maybe.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic