Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,061 to 40,080 of 43,693

HobbitGamer

@WebHead Gotchya. Haven’t played that one, no wonder I’m lost 😂

@rallydefault Yeah, Animal Crossing is supposed to be this ‘year’. So April2019-March2020

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@AlohaPizzaJack Framerate and resolution of big 3rd party ports is where a power boost would be most noticeable outside of loading times. The most you'd see in terms of visual improvements for Nintendo's games would probably be more stable framerate in BotW areas like Korok Forest and possibly a handheld resolution boost for Xenoblade 2.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano Except for Ark. Ark will always run like mud, on every platform.

The more I’ve thought about this, the more I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m just not bothered no matter the outcome. As long as I can keep enjoying the game I like, none of it truly matters to me. Frankly, I think that’s the best way to look at gaming and hardware changes anyways.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

kkslider5552000

Just here to remind people that Final Fantasy VII is on a Nintendo console now. And on the console that went back to cartridges, ha! I just realized the irony of that.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Magician

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Just here to remind people that Final Fantasy VII is on a Nintendo console now. And on the console that went back to cartridges, ha! I just realized the irony of that.

The irony is delicious. But what would've put it over the top would be if S-E had released FFVII physically on Switch. To have actual box art of Cloud looking up at the Shinra tower, mmm. To have a game that left the cartridge format in favor of the cd format, only to be back on a cartridge format again...

...now that would've been a completed circle.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 369 games (as of July 20th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

RedderRugfish

@kkslider5552000
Untitled
"Someone please get the guys who make cartridge games a cigarette and a blindfold"

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano You'd see a docked boost for Xenoblade 2 as well. The game pretty much sits around 720p when docked. I reckon a New Nintendo Switch could boost that up to around 900p docked.

I'm not expecting a consistent 720p when undocked, but a higher overall resolution without the aggressive dips in undocked mode would be a dramatic improvement.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

FragRed

@WebHead My concern about removing all these features from a cheaper model would be compatibility with games and Labo, the thing Nintendo is aiming towards the same kids who'd be bought a cheaper version of the Switch. Then you get the games like Super Mario Party which just won't be playable and without rumble, there are certain moons in Mario Odyssey that you won't be able to find. Also how does one market such a system because you can't call it the Switch, because it can't.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Ralizah

@FragRed People aren't going to be using Switch minis with Labo. Also, SMP isn't playable in handheld mode anyway, so it was never going to be a good for that device to begin with. It's not like it'd odd for the occasional game on a Nintendo system to not be compatible with remodels. I believe the Guitar Hero game on the NDS required the GBA slot, for example, so it's not playable on DSi or any of the 3DS line.

SMO's motion gestures are a good point, though, and I hope Nintendo makes a point of patching in an alternate control scheme for handheld-only players. This would tremendously improve the gameplay experience for that title overall, actually!

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

toiletduck

//offtopic @Ralizah how long are you planning on keeping this flashy profile pic? It hurts my eyes when I'm scrolling through the forum posts, especially in the morning or at night on my cell.

toiletduck

Grumblevolcano

Wolfenstein Youngblood is confirmed to release simultaneously on July 26th for all platforms (Switch/XB1/PS4/PC). That means it's up against Fire Emblem Three Houses on the Switch front.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

Different audiences and wolf is on other platforms anyway so should not be a problem.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

MsJubilee

Oof those twins from that Wolfenstein trailer are unbearable.

I've died,there is no more me.

Finished reading God's Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand. Started on Grappler Baki.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Ralizah

@toiletduck Is that better for you?

@Grumblevolcano AI: The Somnium Files is directly competing against Fire Emblem as well with its release date. Which sucks, because it means I'll be late to the party on Uchikoshi's new game (Fire Emblem is getting my full attention which it releases).

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

link3710

Youngblood already? Man, I need to pick up Wolfenstein 2 still... but I've been putting that off until I have the time to finish Doom. I'm falling so far behind.

link3710

toiletduck

@Ralizah yeah (albeit mildly disturbing what game is it?) Thanks a lot man! Very thoughtful of you

toiletduck

IceClimbers

Youngblood is also only $30.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

@toiletduck She's a character from the Danganronpa series. Another series that I'm quite surprised to not see on the Switch yet.

@NEStalgia Oh man, 2017 feels like yesterday. These past few years have just been a blur for me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah That's what happens after you can start gaming on the toilet(duck)

True story, I was confused for MONTHS when you first changed away from this avatar. I got so used to seeing it I just identify it as your actual identity. The abstract avatar after never really clicked that it was you posting.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic