Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,081 to 40,100 of 69,988

Magician

Ninfan wrote:

Hello everyone
Without checking the internet could someone tell me how many games are on switch . I read its over 1000 . Is this correct. Switch is only out 3 years and it has nearly 1400 games.. This could not be right. And anyone who has all or most of them tell me if they are any good.

Thank you

Digitally? I don't doubt that the Switch catalogue would be around 1400 games. There has been the occasional week where over thirty games have are added. Physically? Although I don't keep a spreadsheet (I only buy what I intend to play) but I believe there's over 500 physical releases now globally, with each region having their own mix of region-exclusive games.

And like any other platform there are gems and there is shovelware.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

@Ninfan Jeez, asking if ~1500 games are any good is such a loaded question. If you're asking:
Is there a wide library full of good games on Switch?: Yes
Is there shovelware to avoid with a 39 and a half foot pole: Yes
Which games should I get?: There's a pinned thread dedicated to this
Is the Switch's library worth purchasing it for: Almost certainly yes.

link3710

kkslider5552000

They probably lost at least a little bit of money by not getting that out in English ASAP. It would've had to compete with like...15 games instead of 1000.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

IceClimbers

So there's a rumor that Call of Juarez Gunslinger is coming to the Switch.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Magician

IceClimbers wrote:

So there's a rumor that Call of Juarez Gunslinger is coming to the Switch.

Techland recently teased that they're porting one of their games to Switch later this year. Although when they were asked about the possibly of bringing Dying Light 2 to Switch Techland said, "no". So the obvious choices are either Dying Light 1 or Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Some folks believe it's Dead Island, however THQ Nordic owns the Dead Island property.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

Ralizah wrote:

https://nintendoeverything.com/square-enix-files-trademark-fo...

Seems increasingly possible that we might be getting an English version of the Seiken Densetsu collection.

Please just don’t patch the Japanese version. Devs have been really obnoxious with that.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

https://nintendoeverything.com/omega-labyrinth-life-confirmed...

Bahahaha! Anyone who wants to play Omega Labyrinth in English will now be able to with the Asian Switch release.

I'm not hugely interested in the game (just can't get into mystery dungeon-esque games, for whatever reason), but I love that English-language gamers now have the option to play this in their preferred language after Sony's extreme interventionism.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

HobbitGamer

Tempted to get a physical Starlink kit since it’s on sale and all the toys are half off at US GameStop. Really want that nullifier missile launcher

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

We’ll likely find out about June’s NES games next week which if the case would release during E3. Imagine if the big reveal ended up being Urban Champion!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

EARTHBOUND BEGINNINGS WITH MOTHER 3 YOU HEARD IT HERE FOLKS

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Magician

EvilLucario wrote:

Hmm, I think we'll hear more information on Heroland first. Work x Work is a game developed by some of the folks who worked on Earthbound. FuRyu filed the trademark for its western release, Heroland, back in January.

EvilLucario

@Magician I was joking (I don't think Mother 3 will EVER happen anymore), but I gotta check out that game in my spare time.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

EvilLucario wrote:

Why do you say things that you know will hurt me? 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

Dragon Quest Builders 2 has been added to the eligible voucher redemption games. Pretty safe to assume Daemon X Machina and Pokemon Sword/Shield will become eligible when preorders open up.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter in not on the fence anymore if teres 2000 games on it already I think I'll get one. I think around 500 in the shops and the rest are in e shop. I suppose theres a lot of virtual console on e shop for switch or is tere . Can you tell me

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic