Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,041 to 40,060 of 69,989

EvilLucario

I've been having too much fun revisiting Classicvanias recently. Curse of the Moon was fantastic, but going back to the much tougher Classicvanias really reinforced my love for Castlevania. Being able to play Bloodlines on handheld is really awesome.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@EvilLucario I'm enjoying every second of it myself. Played thru the adventure, super castlevania, bloodlines , and I'm at the end of kid Dracula. After this ill play belmonts revenge and play thru the original trilogy. This collection is a must own on switch

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

I’m disappointed. I expected there to be rampant speculation about the eShop and online services undergoing maintenance right now. But nary a word. Think of the lost clicks!!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer haha I was actually cursing the screen a couple hours ago. I was going to enter an eshop card I had but NOOOOOOO maintenance and such

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

Final 2 Mario Tennis Aces characters confirmed: Fire Piranha Plant and Dry Bowser.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Smash 3.1.0 update features Labo VR support.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

link3710 wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Seriously? VR for... Smash? How the heck is that supposed to work?

The Nintendo Way

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Tangerine

I still need to try out Mario and Zelda in VR. I'm loving Steamworld Quest too much at the moment!

Tangerine

NEStalgia

I bet that's the big E3 surprise. ALL of the NSO NES Classics will be getting Labo VR support!!

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia I think I'd be okay with that. Or Virtual Boy.. and the 14 some games, haha.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

link3710

@HobbitGamer If it means a chance to finally play VB: Wario Land, I'd be totally for it.

link3710

NEStalgia

@link3710 It's just not the same without the stuffy red hood and cheap speakers and wires everywhere.

The game is great, but the eerie, creepy sense of isolation and some degree of sensory deprivation the VB could uniquely supply is what really made it.

NEStalgia

link3710

@NEStalgia Huh, I guess I'll have to take your word for it. The VB is the only Nintendo system I never owned (I didn't even know it existed until years after it came out), so it's not a title I'll ever get to play on it's intended format.

link3710

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia I’d love to mod a VB casing to act as Labo goggles.
Sure the console was weird, but it was a neat experience.

#MudStrongs

NEStalgia

@link3710 @HobbitGamer Well they weren't even on sale for a year. My first one was defective, and I got a replacement from Toys R' Us (R.I.P.), and then in a month or two they were already gone...That weird isolation is unique to the VB. PSVR doesn't cause that effect. I doubt most other VRs do either. It was something about the pure midnight black background and red lights without color or light bleed, and somehow the audio felt absorbing as a result too. I think I used my OG gameboy earbuds with it.

But it was just such a weird feeling in there.....like it was devouring your soul, slowly, and you couldn't look away. The gentle whir of the mirrors added to the dislocation from reality. It was very disquieting, in retrospect, yet it made the games very memorable. Other VR doesn't have that effect. I don't know what it was doing to us. I just know I must do what they told me to do. The voices, on the other side....

@HobbitGamer No modding of precious VBs allowed....they're too rare to deface!

NEStalgia

Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

JaxonH

Now this is hype.

They’ve done a pretty poor job of getting people excited for Fire Emblem. The game looks great but they’ve just held their cards so close to their chest.

Finally we get some real details. Villains, a rebellion, new gameplay mechanics... YES.

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/05/29/fire-emblem-three-house...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

LMAO

It doesn't help the Persona comparisons when they add the Fire Emblem equivalent of All-Out Attacks to this game.

Well, the villains look pretty metal.

I mostly skimmed the article, though, as I'd like to actually experience the game in a reasonably fresh manner. I suppose I've already seen the villains now, but that's not really a spoiler: in what world is a dude with a skull mask NOT a bad guy?

I really like how they've added replayability to the game by introducing the different houses without splitting up or compromising the actual plot presentation like in Fire Emblem: Fates.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised that all three houses are part of the same release.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic