Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 34,801 to 34,820 of 70,001

Anti-Matter

@Octane
And also on Disney Magical World 1 & 2 3DS.
Bandai Namco is Not good at making nice Cartoonish 3D trees on that game.
Animal Crossing New Leaf has Better 3D trees in 240p.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

I agree the games are more competitive but getting a game was even harder. I waited over 10 minutes for a game yesterday. @Grumblevolcano

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter it’s all about the trees. Games are not fun without the nice rendered trees 😉

FragRed

@1UP_MARIO @Anti-Matter You know what has nice rendered trees? Red Dead Redemption 2. Now that's how you render a tree. Full glorious HD/4K trees. And they are everywhere. So if you look quality tree rendering, look no further than Red Dead Redemption 2.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

1UP_MARIO

@FragRed lol 😂

Octane

@Anti-Matter Bandai Namco didn't make those Disney games, they only published them.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Therad I still believe it's almost a guarantee that a smaller, cheaper, ruggedized, child friendly handheld-only Switch will arrive before Pokemon 2019. It's almost a given in my mind. (The "New Switch" people keep hyping is likely to be a "My First Switch" )

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia Wouldn't it make more sense if they released it alongside Baby's First Pokemon that's coming out this year?

Octane

link3710

@Octane It's honestly a bit of a surprise. Both the 3DS XL and the DS Lite were released 1.5 years after the original models, so right now would be the time you'd think a revised model would come.

link3710

Therad

NEStalgia wrote:

@Therad I still believe it's almost a guarantee that a smaller, cheaper, ruggedized, child friendly handheld-only Switch will arrive before Pokemon 2019. It's almost a given in my mind. (The "New Switch" people keep hyping is likely to be a "My First Switch" )

yeah that is my best bet. Maybe in clamshell though.

Therad

link3710

@Yosheel The Wii mini, SNES mini / jr, and NES-101 all exist. Hardware revisions aren't just for portables after all. They just are more easy to make improvements that justify upgrading when you play on the hardware itself... at least part of the time.

link3710

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Tennis is the one game I regret buying on Switch. Tournament mode, the main mode, never evolved beyond one court, and the player base gutted in 2 months.

@Octane No, "Baby's First Pokemon" is kind of a family living room event kind of game with the co-op focus, and the "bring back your Go Pokemon into the game" kind of experience. It's a Wii type game. Motion control driven, etc. Pokemon 2019 is the conventional "bring your console to school and trade with your friends" Pokemon. That one needs a console in every backpack and a fairly delicate 6" $300 console won't sell the needed volume. 3DS was too much for that market, so 2DS came out in time for X/Y. Switch is definitely too much for that market. They need "2DSwitch" for that. And like OG 2DS it'll suck for anyone older than 10. Poke19 needs a Fisher Price Switch.

And you were wondering what they were going to do with all those left over GamePad shells?

NEStalgia

Octane

@PCkid Reveal is coming on the 15th by the way.

@NEStalgia That's the only way I could excuse them, if they're literally GamePads with Switch built in it. Now I want it to happen.

Octane

Nemodius

Yosheel wrote:

Nintendo likes to think the switch is a home console though.

define the difference between a base console and a dedicated handheld ???
*in its basic parameters a "Base Console" is a system that connects to a television and has controls separate from the unit to play at a distance
*basic parameters for a "dedicated handheld" is completely self contained including monitor with no external video output

*The Nintendo Switch is portable, but it's main function as defined by Nintendo themselves is "a console that is portable" and as much as most may rarely use it in its console mode, it's controllers are the one thing that takes it off the "is it or is it not" fence

though it's power being less than its direct equal to its direct competitors, by definition it IS a "base console" that was so small, adding a power source and a monitor was logical, giving it the option to opperate in handheld mode
so Nintendo acting like the Switch is a "base console" is accurate

Edited on by Nemodius

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic