Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 34,821 to 34,840 of 69,983

link3710

@Yosheel @Nemodius Or you know, it could be a hybrid, since it has both a dedicated portable mode and a home console mode. Just saying.

link3710

Nemodius

link3710 wrote:

@Yosheel @Nemodius Or you know, it could be a hybrid, since it has both a dedicated portable mode and a home console mode. Just saying.

yes, it is a "Hybrid", but it is by Nintendo's own definition is a portable "Base" console first,

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

link3710

@Nemodius And where did you get this 'definition' from that you are referring to?

link3710

Nemodius

@link3710
I will say over 40 years of ownership of MANY home, portable and hybrid game systems as well as PCs, Laptops and tablets

be it PC, PS, XB or Wii, they all have the things I used as references for the defining characteristics of a "base console", same with GB, DS, 3DS, TurboExpress, Vita, tablets ect. for defining characteristics of a "dedicated handheld", and various third party clone consoles that used the characteristics of both of those types in a "Hybrid"" standard, but when it came down to it.....
as popular and true as the designation of "Hybrid" is true, Nintendo has NEVER adopted that phrase, Nintendo's very own definition they use in their words is "a console that is portable" and even on the Nintendo Switch homepage, they use the phrase
"Nintendo Switch is designed to go wherever you do, transforming from home console to portable system in a snap"
"Home Console" that can act as a "Portable" in a snap, never have they in ads, announcments or their home page do they say "a portable you can connect to a tv"
so you can attempt to deny my analyses all you wish, but will you ignore that of Nintendo themselves ???
https://www.nintendo.com/switch/

Edited on by Nemodius

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

bluemage1989

@Nemodius you take all of this a bit to seriously. Instead of trying to analyse everything just relax yeah.

bluemage1989

link3710

@Nemodius Yes, because I never claimed it wasn't a "Home Console", I claimed it was both a "Home Console" and a "Portable" aka a "Hybrid". Which, is exactly what your link states.

link3710

Nemodius

@link3710 @bluemage1989
as i also said, i agreed about "Hybrid" from like 2016 when I first heard it would have the capability of both

but you did ask where I got the "Definition" of base console and dedicated handheld
I wanted merely to clarify how I came to my assessment without question and also mentioned Nintendo does define it as a base console first,
I may get a little lengthy when responding to certain types of queries or debates, but that is only because, I used to try to say things in a sentence or two, but then there's always someone who wants to refute or demand more, so i just started saving posts and trying to making reasonably detailed and corroborated single posts, sometimes people still want more or just refuse to accept

but as talkative as i can get, my resolve is never in question, just because I get "wordy", doesn't mean I get my tummy in a knot

Edited on by Nemodius

bluemage1989

Anyone else find Brawlhalla a bit rubbish??

bluemage1989

JaxonH

Switch will get a revision for Holiday 2019 when Pokémon comes out.

But my guess is they improve the battery life, make a few small changes here and there, make it a bit more powerful like New 3DS was (nothing major, but enough to even out some framerates and raise the resolution of some dynamic res games, and maybe run an exclusive multiplat or two).

And then discount the base model Switch to $249.99 which will help move units for Pokémon. Obviously it's not as good as $170 but, it's really only $80 more than base 3DS was, and accounting for 2-3% inflation each year, that $170 price is closer to $200 today anyways (which means only a $50 difference in nominal value). Sure, cheaper is better but, by that same token, $249.99 is better to push Pokémon than $300. And given the system offers substantially more value, that $50 premium over 3DS won't be too hard to justify for the masses.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Nemodius

@JaxonH
2 physical revisions in 2 years ??? (June this year), seems Nintendo should have spent a year doing product testing, that's not good for a brand new system

JaxonH

I need help.

I have games purchased physically and digitally. My 512gb card came in the mail, and I deleted all the digital games of games I own physically to save space.

But it deleted all my DLC also. Zelda season pass, Xenoblade season pass, Starlink ships, Mario and Rabbids season pass, etc.

And I cannot figure out how to re-download that content because when I go to the shop it just says "PURCHASED". I can re download the digital game + DLC but not just the DLC.

What the heck Nintendo??? Seriously? So I have no way to reobtain this content unless I download the full digital copy of the game as well? So I screwed myself by buying digital???

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Nemodius
Nonsense.

For one, that would be nearly three years, not two- learn to count. And "product testing" has nothing to do with anything- a redesign wouldn't be to address "fundamental flaws" it would be to stimulate sales. So "product testing" has nothing to do with it. Stimulating sales has everything to do with it, and three years is plenty of time.

3DS got a revision after 3 years. So did PS4. So any argument stating that is not long enough is completely debunked based on facts alone. Think before you speak. We have not one but multiple historical precedents of consoles getting revisions in a similar timeframe.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Negative

JaxonH

From REDDIT

YEP! I had the same issue as you, but with FEW.

EDITED: Heres what you do, redownload everything first, DLC and digital game. Then on the game's icon, press + to access Data Management and select Archive Software. Now place in your physical copy and the game will only download patches, it shouldn't download digital copy, but the DLC should remain on your Switch still from the Archive you just did. I hope this still works, it worked for me with FEW months ago

GoGoPowerPlay • 4d
Yep, it worked perfectly! Thanks again, you are awesome

Therad

JaxonH wrote:

I need help.

I have games purchased physically and digitally. My 512gb card came in the mail, and I deleted all the digital games of games I own physically to save space.

But it deleted all my DLC also. Zelda season pass, Xenoblade season pass, Starlink ships, Mario and Rabbids season pass, etc.

And I cannot figure out how to re-download that content because when I go to the shop it just says "PURCHASED". I can re download the digital game + DLC but not just the DLC.

What the heck Nintendo??? Seriously? So I have no way to reobtain this content unless I download the full digital copy of the game as well? So I screwed myself by buying digital???

Sounds like a bug to me. Report it to Nintendo.

Edit: still is a bug even with a workaround. Report it.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

JaxonH

@Therad
I wouldn't say a bug so much as lack of foresight on Nintendo's part.

There should be an option to redownload DLC separately, piece by piece, rather than all bundled together. Even with this solution (and thank goodness there's a solution) I still can't parse out the 2gb Japanese voice pack from the rest of my DLC for Fire Emblem Warriors.

There was also a problem switching regions, when I had MHXX downloaded from Japan. It wouldn't let me purchase it in the US because it said I already owned the game. But I couldn't re-download the NA version in English. Had to delete the game, de-link my Japanese account so the game no longer registered as purchased, go on the eShop and make the NA version purchase, then re-link my JP Nintendo account after it started downloading. A lucky workaround. But now I hear you can't do that anymore? Like, your Nintendo Account cannot be de-linked or something? Idk.

Edited on by JaxonH

Nemodius

@JaxonH the system will have been out for three years by then, but a physical revision in June 2018 and again a 18 months later, TWO revisions in a two year period 2018 & 2019, NOT three years, don't be a jackass
and product testing is NOT just to see how well people would like, it is also for working out bugs and/or other issues too
why you being such a devil's food chocolate cake about what I said anyway ???

Edited on by Eel

Therad

JaxonH wrote:

@Therad
I wouldn't say a bug so much as lack of foresight on Nintendo's part.

There should be an option to redownload DLC separately, piece by piece, rather than all bundled together. Even with this solution (and thank goodness there's a solution) I still can't parse out the 2gb Japanese voice pack from the rest of my DLC for Fire Emblem Warriors.

There was also a problem switching regions, when I had MHXX downloaded from Japan. It wouldn't let me purchase it in the US because it said I already owned the game. But I couldn't re-download the NA version in English. Had to delete the game, de-link my Japanese account so the game no longer registered as purchased, go on the eShop and make the NA version purchase, then re-link my JP Nintendo account after it started downloading. A lucky workaround. But now I hear you can't do that anymore? Like, your Nintendo Account cannot be de-linked or something? Idk.

It is still a bug. In this case it is a design bug.

Therad

JaxonH

@Nemodius
1 Your post has been reported. Name calling will not be tolerated.

2 You have no idea what you're talking about. There has been no official hardware revision as an alternate model with alternate features. Changing little things happens all the time, and has little to no affect for the end user. That is completely irrelevant and makes no sense with regard to the discussion.

You have proven you have no idea what you're talking about, you argue broken logic and then call names.

I hope the mods ban you cause I've had enough

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@Therad
That's... actually not a bug. A bug is an unintended consequence from coding. This is not an unintended consequence from coding. It's just a feature that's MIA or poorly implemented. There's a difference.

Arguing to the contrary is not only wrong, it accomplishes nothing. So let's leave it at that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic