Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 34,581 to 34,600 of 69,995

toiletduck

@Nemodius the bezel of the Switch is quite large. It seems like there's some area for future improvement in making the Switch smaller while keeping the current screen size.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

HobbitGamer

@Octane ...I read that in Dr Steve Brule’s voice For your health.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Nemodius

toiletduck wrote:

@Nemodius the bezel of the Switch is quite large. It seems like there's some area for future improvement in making the Switch smaller while keeping the current screen size.

I had thought of that too, but why did Nintendo make such an oversized one to begin with, I'm very curious if they'd have the ability to shrink the base of the console or not

it's pretty tight on the inside as it is, if they tried to squeeze things even closer together, even with a cooling system there may be heat issues that could have both short and long term negative effects

compact tablets don't usually have apps that use a lot of the system resources very heavily, but the Switch plays some pretty resource heavy games, that causes a lot of heat

Edited on by Nemodius

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

link3710

@Nemodius You think NIntendo is trying to extort Netflix? Hah! As if they're going to see any significant loss of subscribers by discontinuing Wii/Wii U/3DS. I'll be one probably (unless I just finally buy a chromecast or something to have a pseudo-smart tv) but that's negligible. I'm sure this is Netflix drawing a hard line on Nintendo saying "We won't support you at all until you give us X". Of course who knows what X is, or how reasonable it is for Nintendo to refuse to give it. Either or both could be at fault, who knows.

link3710

Nemodius

@subpopz I included ALL Nintendo systems that supported Netflix, not JUST Wii U, get yo shnizzit strait before you try to come back at me

I also said it would not put them into hardship, but that they will feel it, like stepping on a nail, it won't kill your ability to walk, but you will be affected

there are over 1 Million Netflix subscribers that use their Wii and Wii U's to watch on their tv's, the most popular plan is "Standard" and the subscription rate for Netflix is $10.99/mo,
so a possible loss of a minimum of $11 MILLION/mo = $130,000,000/year loss in America alone.......
yes, it will hit, they will feel it and it will hurt, and remember, Netflix has a value of 11.69 billion and yearly net income of 556 Million in 2017, Netflix has subscribers world wide, and all the subscribers that use Nintendo products to watch will hit even harder, estimate a possible loss of $175,000,000+/year world wide
would you feel a possible loss of 31.50% from your paycheck every month ??? "insignificant" ???

ya, they WILL hurt

Edited on by Nemodius

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

link3710

@Nemodius You should try reading subpopz post lol, they mentioned both Wii and Wii U. I doubt there exists more than 1 or 2 people on the planet who use a 3DS as a primary source of Netflix.

link3710

HobbitGamer

I grabbed the YouTube app and @Anti-Matter wasn’t kidding about the speed and quality. Looks better than my phone, I can see myself using it while eating breakfast once in awhile.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

HobbitGamer wrote:

I like that they’re continuing to put more characters in Kirby, and outfits in Odyssey. Makes me hope they’ll do little events or something for Ultimate

I'm hoping that new spirits gets added over time, some using DLC characters and others using the base roster. It would be a nice way to keep the single player aspect of Smash Ultimate fresh post-launch.

The comment also made me think about that Nintendo doesn't have much known post-launch content going into 2019 at this point, only Smash and Mario Tennis Aces.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Also, Kirby Star Allies might get that rumored 4th wave sometime early 2019, since we know there's datamined stuff that's still not out yet.

link3710

Therad

Octane wrote:

Here's an idea for the Switch mini: Fold it yerself lazy dabswabble!

Untitled

that could be super nice for the next ds.

toiletduck wrote:

Here is a fun test, compare your phone with the switch. Screen on the switch is really tiny.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Odyssey too, following up the last of the hint art and costumes with new kingdoms would be fantastic.

@link3710 I only remember seeing 3 waves rumoured (all the dream friends we've seen) but it would be nice to see even more content. Another Dimension was a nice surprise for the upcoming wave 3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano I think it's pretty clear at this point that Kingdom DLC for Odyssey isn't happening.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

SuperLuigi111

I've been enjoying the crap out of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the only game I like out of the three I own. But damn, I'm just really impressed. Best Mario Kart game ever I'd say, it's my favorite now.

SuperLuigi111

3DWaffles

@subpopz
Even if none of us in this thread uses the video apps on our switch someone else will or kids will. Not every child has there on tv/console in every home for various reasons. Most siblings have to share parents getting there children switches eliminates a lot of the finical cost of buying a tv and console separate. Parents would more likely flock to switch for them they can sit play games and watch netflix on switch without taking up tv and its more convenient. I don't have cable my children sit and watch cartoons on Netflix all day long.

Edited on by 3DWaffles

3DWaffles

Therad

3DWaffles wrote:

@subpopz
Even if none of us in this thread uses the video apps on our switch someone else will or kids will. Not every child has there on tv/console in every home for various reasons. Most siblings have to share parents getting there children switches eliminates a lot of the finical cost of buying a tv and console separate. Parents would more likely flock to switch for them they can sit play games and watch netflix on switch without taking up tv and its more convenient. I don't have cable my children sit and watch cartoons on Netflix all day long.

If a parent wants to buy a device to watch youtube on, they can buy 2-3 phones and/or for the same price as a switch. They also get one of the biggest gaming library on top of that, where many of the games are free or cost a fraction of the cost of a switch game.

I think it is nonsense to believe netflix will have a drove of people cancel their subscribing as a previous poster tried to claim. Or that Nintendo would have had that much more people buying switches if they would have had more video apps.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Octane

Therad wrote:

they can buy 2-3 phones and/or for the same price as a switch.

I wish that was true lol. It's more like the other way around if you want a decent product. And I'm not even talking about the overpriced high-end stuff, or iPhones.

Octane

electrolite77

@Nemodius

Where are you getting that figure of 1 million people from out of curiosity?

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Therad

Octane wrote:

Therad wrote:

they can buy 2-3 phones and/or for the same price as a switch.

I wish that was true lol. It's more like the other way around if you want a decent product. And I'm not even talking about the overpriced high-end stuff, or iPhones.

Just for that I had that run a price check. I found 275 android models for less than half the price of a switch. 112 for a third of the price. I am not saying those are good phones, but you should find at least one to be acceptable as an entertainment device for the kids. If I would guess, of those phones I can probably find something that is better than my kids current phones (Lenovo b2?), since they are old now. And those can run netflix and youtube just fine.

This is in Sweden, it might be different where you live.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic