Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,901 to 26,920 of 70,008

OorWullie

@bluemage1989 It would be superb wouldn't it, especially if it was to release within a few weeks of its reveal .It isn't the kind of game that needs to be revealed several months I'm advance. It's been such a long time since the last one and is on so much Nintendo fans wish lists that's it will be a guaranteed sure fire hit. Other than F-Zero what better way to get the majority of fan base on side for the online subscription than by giving them a game they've been long demanding. .

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Therad

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Snaplocket wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

@shadow-wolf It's not unusual for Nintendo to keep its cards close to its chest until shortly before release. There are benefits and drawbacks to this approach. While it means longer periods of having less to look forward to, it also means we don't have to wait years to play something after it's first shown off.

coughcoughFinalFantasyXVcoughcoughKingdomHeartsIIIcoughcoughTheLastGuardiancoughcoughPikmin3 coughcoughTheLegendofZeldaBOTWcough

Over half of your coughing fit doesn't even apply to what was said. I would like to add that after BotW is when Nintendo started this current trend.

I would say it started when Kimishima took over. This is his vs Iwatas style of doing business.

Therad

JoetheLion

@Therad It would happen sometimes with Iwata-era Nintendo. Super Mario 3D World was unveiled in June 2013 and hit shelves in November 2013.

JoetheLion

Therad

JoetheLion wrote:

@Therad It would happen sometimes with Iwata-era Nintendo. Super Mario 3D World was unveiled in June 2013 and hit shelves in November 2013.

While it could happen, it was more exception than rule.

Therad

Spoony_Tech

In all fairness BotW was probably on track till they decided to do a Switch version. It was probably one of the hardest/easiest decision they had to make.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JoetheLion

@Therad This is true.

I'm looking forward to E3 because there should be some good Switch games (1st party and 3rd party) unveiled then that will hit later this year. And there are the already announced Smash Bros. Switch and Fire Emblem Switch which will be unveiled then. And I hope both will hit later this year. Smash Bros. is but I just hope Fire Emblem isn't going to end up being delayed. They've been silent on it for over a year now.

JoetheLion

Haruki_NLI

Switch and PS4 are getting Disgaea 1 Complete it seems.

Time to see if NIS was right about Switch doing 2:1 sales.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

Tropical Freeze is now on the NA eshop for preorder.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech In the end, considering how things turned out, I think Nintendo made the best possible decision regarding BotW. It gave the Switch that Day One killer app it needed to get the ball rolling in 2017, and the decision to also launch it simultaneously on Wii U kept them from burning bridges with people who only bought a Wii U for Zelda.

I can't imagine they'll launch their next console without a new Zelda game accompanying it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Finally, Tropical Freeze for preload.

I'm betting South Park still isn't up on the eshop though, is it... or Naruto Trilogy.

I'm craving the Funk, my people. I need it. Need for speed? No. I'm feeling the spunk for the Funk. The original Funky monkey junky.

I swear they better have time trials for Funky Kong. This dude was made to dominate the jungle. Of course, 30 second video capture won't cut it. Sighhh. How hard would it be to up it to 3 min

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TuVictus

I miss playing my Switch. With Dark Souls gone for the foreseeable future, I don't have anything to look forward to in the immediate future. Bummer.

TuVictus

IceClimbers

@JaxonH You would be correct, still no South Park or Naruto.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH @IceClimbers South Park and all 4 SKUs of Naruto on the UK eShop now...

Octane

@MisterPi Splatoon 2 DLC is soon, right? I'm looking forward to that one!

Octane

TuVictus

@Octane Tbh completely forgot about the DLC, but it should be fun!

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@Octane July 13th according to an accidental early announcement.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pazzo-TheFool

@Grumblevolcano If that's true.

Probably, but still.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

JaxonH

Went ahead and bought Wild Guns Reloaded from Walmart for like $6 more than MSRP.

Thanks for the heads up, whoever that was. Maybe more stock will come in later and it will be sold for less but I'd rather not take the chance over a few bucks. I didn't actually know the game was getting a physical release on the system until that post mentioned it so, thanks.

Isn't God of War supposed to release soon? I swear my copy should arrive at my doorstep one of these days. I need something to kill the time until DKC. And I'm not really in the mood to play anything I own. Idk why. Half the games I own I have never even played anyways.

Screw it, I'm going back to Fire Emblem Warriors. I've been really getting into this game lately. It's cheesy as heck with all the "whoops, misunderstanding, guess you'll have to fight me too" but even despite that, it's a really good game actually.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH God of War launches April 20th, same day as Nintendo Labo in the US and Japan.

-Green-

Which will sell more, GoW or Labo? I want to root for the underdog

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic