Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,921 to 26,940 of 69,962

Spoony_Tech

I'm willing to bet there's 10x more copies of GoW then Labo at least in the west so Labo doesnt have a chance.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

The only thing I'll say is people should remember that Monday will not represent "Labo failing" in the UK.

Its not out here until the 27th

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

I think GoW will initially do better but in the long term, Labo overtakes it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

God of War is gonna sell insanely well. Review scores are through the roof. I LOVED the first God of War game, and I do have a PS4 (somewhere...in a closet lol), but I just can't seem to muster up the excitement to get this one. I don't know - I'd probably get really into it if I just unburied my system and ordered the game, but I can't be bothered right now.

rallydefault

Spoony_Tech

I see GoW selling upwards of 10 million copies. I dont see Labo coming even close to that.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

darkfenrir

I kind of doubt Labo will sell even close to GoW. Especially considering the niches they are aiming, GoW is much, much more mainstream, and I think the latest entry really seems to hit well with tons of people too.

(Not to count that initial impression doesn't help matters with one being traditional game that got massive amount of good reviews, while Labo is uh... something).

Liking Labo is all good and well (I like it to be honest), but to be real, it won't ever come close to GoW I think.

darkfenrir

-Green-

Go Labo!!!

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

EvilLucario

It depends if Labo actually becomes huge. God of War is more likely to hit that gamer sweetspot, but if Labo spreads like wildfire then it can very well outsell God of War.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TheTetrisGuy

I mean Labo is cool and all, but God of War has gotten insane reviews all around. No way Labo can compete with that.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Ralizah

I just don't see why we're comparing a AAA action game to a cardboard construction kit...

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

-Green-

Because they released on the same day, and according to the rules of the internet must battle.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Snadertjuh

The userbase of the PS4 is much higher than the Switch's userbase. GoW is a mainstream game and Labo is for a certain group of people. So don't expect that the sales of Labo will compete with GoW.

I am curious about the sales of Labo and if it does increase the HW sales of the Switch. Honestly, I don't think that Labo will be a huge hit. But I really like the concept and the Garage mode is infinite. I am curious about the YouTube uploads these week from people's creation.

Now that Labo is out in the US and Japan, it is time for a Pokemon Direct (next week?).

From Holland, SW-8284-9406-5119

Anti-Matter

You know, i had prayed at my nearest Chinese temple for a Great sales of Nintendo LABO this morning. Let's pray for the Best of Nintendo LABO.

Anti-Matter

EvilLucario

The thing about Labo people are forgetting is that there can very well be other kits in the way. So overall it can sell above like 95% of games this generation if you count all the kits as one game.

Who knows, I'm just interested in the sales numbers to see how much legs it'll have.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I think anything over a million will be a success. Who knows what Japan will do with the sales of Labo.

MERG said:

MsJubilee

-Green- wrote:

Because they released on the same day, and according to the rules of the internet must battle.

Man vs cardboard. I think we all know who will win this fight.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

GameOtaku

Not a chance in heck will labo outsell GoW. After the initial first buyers though of Labo I think it sales will plummet like a rock for its additional packs since the Internet and everyone will just post the blueprints for free.

GameOtaku

StuTwo

YummyHappyPills wrote:

The only thing I'll say is people should remember that Monday will not represent "Labo failing" in the UK.

Its not out here until the 27th

Getting the excuses in early I see NDF.

“Labo only sold badly because it didn’t come with all DLC”

“Labo only sold badly because it wasn’t advertised”

“Labo only sold badly because the world wasn’t ready for it”

“Labo only sold badly because no shops stocked it”

“Labo only sold badly because Sony paid the government to suppress it”

“Labo only sold badly because it’s not actually been released yet”

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

StuTwo

As a PSA to anyone who wants a sure investment though: a mint in box copy of one of those robot kits 10 years from now will be worth a small fortune.

They clearly aren’t making as many, it’s not the focus of their marketing, it’s cooler and much more complex than the base pack (which will probably be a big success but will certainly find a large die hard cult audience who will eventually fetishise the expensive early one that passed them by), it’s more expensive at launch, they obviously get damaged when made and used etc.

It’s a perfect storm for something to dramatically appreciate in value. I’m not a speculator myself but if you are and you have the money to spend now and the space to store it then I’d say it’s the toy to hoard.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

gcunit

If you buy one Labo kit, do you get the same software as with any other Labo kit then, or is the Toy-con 1 software different to the Robot software?

Anyway, let's look at combined Labo sales in 3 years time. If Labo does well, it'll be beating GoW in the weekly charts in 3 years time.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic