Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,921 to 26,940 of 31,707

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@IceClimbers There's nothing suggesting this is new either. Nintendo haven't said it's new, they've been very deliberate in making sure that hasn't been said. So what have people got? A bit of new CGI and a bit of music. Big whoop. They need a new trailer anyway and Nintendo don't make them, they're handled externally. The DLC characters aren't in the Wii U trailer and neither are any potential new characters. Then you've the likelihood of updated skins as we've seen already with Link.

I'm not saying 100% it's only a upgraded port, though I believe it is. But equally, people can't claim it's an all new game. You've no proof.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

ParkaTron

@SLIGEACH_EIRE So why can’t we all just play nice? Neither side has significant evidence, so there’s really no point in arguing about it.

If you like goofballs, then you've found the right person
~ Currently playing: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) ARMS (Switch) Rocket League (Switch) Celeste (Switch) Aqua Kitty UDX (Switch) Steredenn: Binary Stars (Switch) Pokémon Ultra Sun (3DS) Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)

3DS Friend Code: 4742-6966-5355 | My Nintendo: ParkaTron | Nintendo Network ID: maritron593

DarthNocturnal

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

You've no proof.

JaxonH wrote:

There's a multitude of reasons. At this point it shouldn't be in doubt. The vast majority of anyone with common sense knows it's a new game.

1 No credit to Bandai Namco, only HAL

2 No copyright 2014

3 Logo variant

4 Specifically does not state Deluxe version, Ultimate version, GotY vetsion or even "for Nintendo Switch". If it were a port, it would be called one of these things

5 Working Title. You don't give a port a working title. "Ya, we couldn't decide on whether to call it Ultimate or Deluxe... we'll get back to you after we figure that out". Come on now...

6 No gameplay. If it were a port they would have showed gameplay because it's no secret what the game is or looks like. They would have shown footage, announced the new features and provided a date

7 Sakurai specifically tweeted he's been working tirelessly in secret and to stay tuned for more info. Don't exactly do that for a port.

8 Common sense. If it were a port, Nintendo would make it explicitely clear. They would get that information out right away to set expectations accordingly, not get everyone all excited thinking it's a new game, then pull the rug out from under everyone's feet and say "Gotchya! It's just a port!".

9 Lack of evidence to the contrary. There isn't one shred of evidence pointing toward this being a port. Not one single shred. But there's an abundance of evidence suggesting it's not.

Final Analysis It's a new game. It's not even in question. And the only ones saying otherwise are ones who refuse to consider the above collective evidence.

And above all, does it really matter anyways? Either way I think we all know what to expect here. Even if it were a port it probably wouldn't be much different anyhow, especially with Inklings and BotW Link. People just want Smash on their Switch. Smash 4, Smash 5... doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Scratch that, you probably saw it, but ignored it.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

MsJubilee

Soooooo. I guess i'm the only person who's gonna wait for more information instead of arguing about something i know nothing about?

Edited on by MsJubilee

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: TwilightAngel9

Vee_Flames

MsJubilee wrote:

Soooooo. I guess i'm the only person who's gonna wait for more information instead of arguing about something i know nothing about?

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

ParkaTron

I’m sorry, I’m just here to very quickly provide the definition of arguing

argue
[ahr-gyoo]
verb (used without object), ar·gued, ar·gu·ing.
to present reasons for or against a thing:
He argued in favor of capital punishment.

I’m not trying to be rude here, I just wanted to point out a common misconception about that word. Argue always has a negative connotation to it, as if it’s only arguing if you’re being not nice about it. That’s not really the case. It’s more, two (or more) people having a friendly debate.

Edited on by ParkaTron

If you like goofballs, then you've found the right person
~ Currently playing: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) ARMS (Switch) Rocket League (Switch) Celeste (Switch) Aqua Kitty UDX (Switch) Steredenn: Binary Stars (Switch) Pokémon Ultra Sun (3DS) Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)

3DS Friend Code: 4742-6966-5355 | My Nintendo: ParkaTron | Nintendo Network ID: maritron593

Spoony_Tech

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

‘Outlast’ 1 & 2 – Nintendo Switch Ports Only Took A Few Weeks To Develop

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/blog/2018/03/11/outlast-1-2-nin...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matbleubleu/

That's one the reasons we've seen so many ports on the Switch, it's an absolute doddle to work on.

Saw that on YouTube last night. Doesn't look good for the Hat in Time developers if they stick to their current argument. Money could be made in a short amount of time.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

EvilLucario

Hey, if it takes like no effort to port old great games then by all means port away. It's easy money at that point, why wouldn't you port over stuff?

Though I want to see third-parties bring in either exclusives like Mario + Rabbids and/or same-day multiplatforms. After E3, it'll time to see how much AAA third-party support the Switch will be getting.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Assuming the challenge wall returns, there should totally be Korok seed like trolling for rewards. Maybe even have a Korok seed trophy for completing the hardest challenge.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

I can't wait for the rest of the Wii U library to come over.

And the few games that don't will be made irrelevant with sequels anyways (Splatoon, Smash, Mario Maker, Yoshi).

There's not too much more left though, really. NSMBU won't come, and neither will Star Fox or Paper Mario since they weren't well received, and Kirby requires touch so that won't come.

But if they could bring 3D World next year, P* brings W101, Pikmin 3, Xenoblade X and Atlus brings Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and bundle Windwaker and Twilight Princess... that'll pretty much wrap it up.

The entirety of the Wii U library (at least what's worthwhile) condensed into a handheld. If you would have told me a few years ago the next handheld would be playing all the best Wii U games releasing at the time, I'd have laughed you to scorn

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Hollow Knight, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

subpopz

JaxonH wrote:

If you would have told me a few years ago the next handheld would be playing all the best Wii U games releasing at the time, I'd have laughed you to scorn

I would have rejoiced (like I am now lol). I couldn't even tell you how many times I was playing on the tablet and wishing I could go more than 10' from the base unit.

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

Knuckles-Fajita

Captain Toad requires touch so why cant Kirby?

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

JaxonH

@YummyHappyPills
Captain Toad doesn't really require touch. Difference between using, and requiring. Kirby does. No way to play that game without touch, just wouldn't work. Maybe with motion, but no way analog could work.

@subpopz
My issue was more not being in HD. It worked, but HD capacitive screw is just so much better. That and every game requiring a different hotkey combo to swap to gamepad. Could enter remember which one to use- swipe down, find in options, + or -, + and - at same time, etc etc. That and the 20 foot invisible leash.

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Hollow Knight, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

subpopz

JaxonH wrote:

That and the 20 foot invisible leash.

Did you actually get 20 feet? I know Nintendo said it's supposed to work up to like 27 feet, but 10~12 was the max I could go.

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

gcunit

subpopz wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

If you would have told me a few years ago the next handheld would be playing all the best Wii U games releasing at the time, I'd have laughed you to scorn

I would have rejoiced (like I am now lol). I couldn't even tell you how many times I was playing on the tablet and wishing I could go more than 10' from the base unit.

Sure, delighted to be able to take the Wii U library anywhere, but don't expect me to pay for all the games again

Unless I find them going dirt cheap, MK8D and BotW will be the only Wii U games I'll buy twice.

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Runner 3; Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; FIFA 18; Owlboy

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Xbox co-creator Ed Fries on Seattle’s status as a gaming hub, Nintendo Switch’s success, and more

https://www.geekwire.com/2018/xbox-co-creator-ed-fries-seattl...

Here's the bit where he talks about Nintendo:

NL: What are your impressions of the Nintendo Switch? Is there anything other gaming companies could learn from it?

Fries: When I first saw it, I thought it was creative, but I wasn’t sure if it was going to be successful. Some of the ideas we had actually talked about at Xbox, like having controllers you could separate and hold in each hand. I first played Zelda on the Wii U and enjoyed the game, and thought, maybe I don’t need a Switch. Eventually I buckled and got a Switch to play Mario, and I was really surprised how many different and creative ways they use the controllers, how they can be joined onto different supports, or you can separate them and hand them to another player and turn them sideways. It’s something that’s really won me over as a cool machine.

I love how creative Nintendo is. Now they have this Nintendo Labo with the cardboard. When I saw that I thought, good for you Nintendo, I just love how they’re always thinking outside the box. This cardboard thing ties into the whole maker movement, and it’s great to have kids building something physical.

I don’t think the right thing for Microsoft or Sony to do is imitate Nintendo or try to be Nintendo. I don’t think they’ll succeed by being Nintendo. I think they’ve gotta figure out what it is that they do well and continue to do that well.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Grumblevolcano

Looks like Switch version 5.0.0 may not be far off as the new parental controls app update mentions it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic