Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,881 to 26,900 of 70,103

JaxonH

@TheTetrisGuy
Believe me, I know there's tons of games. I have well over 60 physical switch games already and over 100 digital games.

But still, NeoGeo games (though I bought dozens) and indies (though I have many) don't exactly cut it when you have a craving for a big meaty experience. Theres plenty of great games, still have to get back to Mario Rabbids and Fire Emblem Warriors...

But still. There are a lot of other good games out there that I would love to play on the Switch... and I will unfortunately skip most of them because I don't want to get involved with a game I can't play anywhere.

GPD Win 2 should rectify a lot of that though.

I just need my DKC and then summer and fall to hurry up and get here. A lot of games I'm looking to play (Mario Tennis Aces, Octopath, Y's VIII, Dark Souls, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Fire Emblem, etc etc)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

StuTwo

Just a note on Wave Race - the N64 version supposedly sold well below expectations and Nintendo pinned the reason on it being such a summer sports themed game launching in the winter. They actually released an updated version in Japan that we never got - it added rumble (the original launched before the rumble pack existed. Japan also got a rumble enabled re release of Mario 64) - in large part so they could re release in the summer.

If Wave Race is coming back it’s definitely welcome. The N64 was an all time classic even if I didn’t like Blue Storm anything like as much. I don’t see them launching in the Autumn or Winter though so it seems likely that we’ve got a wait ahead.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

OorWullie

If it wasn't leaked beforehand Mario v Rabbids was supposed to be revealed at E3,2 month before it released.They'll likely have at least a couple of big online games for the launch of the new online service.Waverace in August then Smash 4 in September alongside the online service would certainly help sell it to the masses.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

When they tease a game could return, they don't mean in a few months, in Nintendo language that means "we started the planning phase and you might hear something by the end of the generation, and no promises it's not a 3DS game"

They wouldn't show their hand before e3 like that, if it was truly a game releasing this summer they'd have already announced it, or saving it for e3.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

StuTwo

@IceClimbers I’d be astonished if it did. I do think we’ll see the series again but I think they’ll give it a longer lead in (& release at the start of summer one year)

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Peek-a-boo

JaxonH wrote:

But still, NeoGeo games (though I bought dozens) and indies (though I have many) don't exactly cut it when you have a craving for a big meaty experience.

Untitled

You won’t find a bigger, meatier experience than this!

Peek-a-boo

shadow-wolf

I love how Fire Emblem is supposed to come out this year but we haven't heard a peep about it since its announcement a year ago.

shadow-wolf

Lroy

@shadow-wolf I'm very keen to see game play and more details about FIRE EMBLEM for Switch. It's my most anticipated release of the year. I really hope they do something completely different in terms of the setting. I'd love a futuristic SF themed world but of course that would be a major departure from the medieval fantasy the franchise is known for.

Either way, I am really looking forward to learning more about it. I think this entry could have the potential to be even more of a mainstream hit than AWAKENING.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Ralizah

@shadow-wolf It's not unusual for Nintendo to keep its cards close to its chest until shortly before release. There are benefits and drawbacks to this approach. While it means longer periods of having less to look forward to, it also means we don't have to wait years to play something after it's first shown off.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TuVictus

At least as far as showing off gameplay goes. Which is good. But them announcing titles way in advance and then not showing a single thing for a huge chunk of time after that (Yoshi, Metroid, Fire Emblem) I think is more annoying.

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

I think the purpose of the Switch announcements of Metroid, Fire Emblem and Pokemon were just to soften the backlash of 3DS games in those franchises being released last year. You know how it is, as soon as a 3DS game is announced, the most common reaction is "Why isn't this on Switch?".

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Yep, seems like a lose lose for them

TuVictus

-Green-

Pokémon definitely felt like an almost damage control sort of thing. How they announced it so cautiously and such gave me weird vibes.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

@Octane For the whole Pokémon USUM announcement, which apparently ‘really upset’ people. I was questioning whether to say “damage control” or not, but I thought it was the most appropriate atm.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@-Green- Ah I see. I guess. But it's not like they were doing another 3DS Pokemon game anyway, it's bound to come to the Switch. So I don't really see why they needed to announce it last year, especially since there was no trailer or anything like that, just a dude in an office. I kinda get the Metroid teaser, I just wished they showed a little more. A logo on a background felt kinda cheap.

Octane

Spoony_Tech

Snaplocket wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

@shadow-wolf It's not unusual for Nintendo to keep its cards close to its chest until shortly before release. There are benefits and drawbacks to this approach. While it means longer periods of having less to look forward to, it also means we don't have to wait years to play something after it's first shown off.

coughcoughFinalFantasyXVcoughcoughKingdomHeartsIIIcoughcoughTheLastGuardiancoughcoughPikmin3 coughcoughTheLegendofZeldaBOTWcough

Over half of your coughing fit doesn't even apply to what was said. I would like to add that after BotW is when Nintendo started this current trend.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

bluemage1989

@OorWullie HD Wave Race would just be my biggest gaming wish come true. I have been waiting years and that tease today has me more excited than ever.

bluemage1989

TheTetrisGuy

If we can get Wave Race, there’s still hope for StarTropics

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic