Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,321 to 22,340 of 70,011

Octane

@FragRed Well, we shall know soon enough, in a week or so. If none of it is true, we can forget about it.

Octane

NaviAndMii

"I also heard Rockstar has something else planned for Switch"

I knew it - RDR2 is a Switch exclusive! (..and that 4K trailer that they released wasn't 'actual gameplay footage' after all! )

...one can dream!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

The Nintendo Just For You Birthday Offer doesn't include Switch still.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

OorWullie

Bayonetta 3 for the summer would be something else. We've already got Outlast 1&2 and Layers of Fear coming in the first quarter along with Bayonetta 1&2.Plus I think Detention is coming soon. The announcement of that one completely passed me by. It received some very good. reviews on PS4 and PC. Seems like the first half of 2018 is all about mature games...and Kirby.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

FragRed

@NaviAndMii That would be incredibly funny, if after everything Rockstar just turned around and said "Red Dead Redemption 2.... Now Switch Exclusive". The internet would have a meltdown so huge, the world would catch fire.

Luckily that isn't going to happen though.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Luna_110

There are two things that make me doubt the leak, the Pokémon supposed highlight, since The Pokémon Company likes to show stuff at their rate, and the supposition he makes about Red Dead Redemption, since even PS4 and Xone haven’t received a remaster for it, supposedly thanks to the utter pain that is the game code. I don’t think Rockstar will make the effort just for the Switch.
Plus we should hear about Yoshi and Kirby, which launch next year and we have no news about that.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

NaviAndMii

@FragRed Haha! Yeah - that'd be a pretty rock'n'roll move from Rockstar if they did it!

I never know what to make of this persistent (and perhaps more realistic) 'GTAV Switch' rumour...on the one hand, it really is 'the gift that keeps on giving' for Rockstar Games, so it'd make sense that they'd want to have it on the platform to cast the net even wider - but I often hear things about Nintendo's online structure perhaps not being 'robust' enough to handle such a game (?)

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

FragRed

@NaviAndMii The game would sell huge I am sure IF it were all on cartridge without the need to download a massive chunk of the game. I imagine seeing that slapped across the top of the box would put a lot of people off. And this being Rockstar/Take Two, that is exactly what will happen if the game does indeed come to the Switch.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Pazzo-TheFool

NieR: Automata for the Switch is my holdout pipe dream. Platinum and Square have good relations with Big N right now, so I'd call it a 25% by this point.

Flips two coins

If Darkest Dungeon gets the Crimson Court DLC added in too, I'll double dip for the Switch. Maybe if the Color of Madness gets a close release I'll just put up my PC and call checkmate.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

JaxonH

We'll see.

That source has apparently gotten some things right and somethings wrong. He says it's because he has multiple sources and he himself is still weeding out who he can trust and who he can't. I also try to bear in mind that even trustworthy sources are wrong sometimes. Either plans change, or a leaker perceives something to be a certain way, when in reality that's not the case.

Either way, we'll find out come January. Alot of those things could never possibly be guessed. So if I see a few of them pan out I'll know he's legit. But if that January direct comes and none of it pans out... i'll probably dismiss anything he says in the future until he proves me wrong.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

That stuff is always fun and interesting to read, but I don't buy into it too much. Sure, some stuff makes sense. I do think they'll try to get Call of Duty onto Switch for next November. I mean, by then, we may be looking at an install base approaching 20 mil. They'll want a piece of that.

rallydefault

Roamer

That guy on reddit retrospectively changes his predictions to make his posts look better. It sounds like most of his previous predictions proved to be nonsense. I’m sure some will come off, like I suspect a GTA game or RDR will come out on Switch. Doesn’t mean I have inside info though!

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

GrailUK

His rumours cover so many unrelated topics that I'm inclined to think he's making it up unless they are all under the same umbrella like a Direct. But SFV is obviously not so I think he's telling pork pies. (Still, no way I could be bothered to write so much horse manure...so it might all be true lol.)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

@antster1983 @Octane Yeah Hello Neoghbor would be easy enough to find out about and just add it to his predictions so he can say "Look see I'm right". Though that game is supposed to be absolutely awful.

As for RDR that's not one I think will happen for the same reason there's no PC version or Xbox One/PS4 release. The coding is apparently really messy which would make any ports or HD remasters an absolute nightmare to do.

Octane

@GrailUK Not all of it is related to Nintendo, the Street Fighter V stuff obviously isn't. There's a specific section on Nintendo-related rumours at the bottom.

@FragRed People have been saying it's a mess, but there's no source for it. There's even a thread on Reddit that went searching for a source, but it seems to be more like something that was exaggerated or made up at some point and repeated indefinitely.

Octane

FragRed

@Octane That's interesting. If that's the case then I really do wonder why it never came to PC as all other Rockstar games have, haven't they?

Still, with the sequel now coming out I'm not sure how much desire there would be for a port of the first game on the Switch if it isn't getting the latest game.

antster1983

@FragRed @Octane True. That post was made 2 days ago, and the PEGI rating went up sometime in December. We'll see how accurate any of this "leak" is when the next Nintendo Direct comes I suppose.

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Aozz101x

switch has sold over 4.8 million in the US.
http://nintendoeverything.com/switch-becomes-fastest-selling-...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic