Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,341 to 22,360 of 70,120

Pazzo-TheFool

Whitsles

Hoo-boy. That's a lotta Nintendo.

I don't know if I can stand this much winning.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

FragRed

@Dev Don't tell the PlayStation/Xbox fanboys that, they'll be raging.

Unfortunately for many of these so called "gamers" they just cant accept Nintendo doing well.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

According to NPD, the PS4 was the best selling console in 2017 in the US. Impressive, if you consider that it outsold the fastest-selling video game conso... what?

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane In terms of opening 10 month sales, Switch has set the record with 4.8m units sold.

Yes, PS4 sold the most units in 2017, at a lower price, but that wasn't at full price when its a brand new system.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Roamer

FragRed wrote:

@Dev Don't tell the PlayStation/Xbox fanboys that, they'll be raging.

Unfortunately for many of these so called "gamers" they just cant accept Nintendo doing well.

Yeah, just as well there are no fanboys here, eh? 😜

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

Pazzo-TheFool

People just really like that portable play!

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Octane

@YummyHappyPills lol, I know, I know! It's just funny when you put it that way.

And hey, you're back!

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Temporarily. Had to come bask in the good news being a business geek and all that. Plus I got some good news of my own...kind of depending on how you look at it.

The words about support from Take Two, Activision and EA have me curious. Is that more Skylanders, FIFA and NBA? EA is probably going to shut up and put up now, Activision notably have said nothing since Skylanders on launch day, and Take Two....I mean....Grand Theft Auto anyone?

That's the thing. I fully expect NBA and FIFA at this point, they'd be insane not to. It's just...what else...

Octane

Isn't Skylanders basically cancelled at this point? I thought amiibo was the only toys-to-life still standing.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane On hiatus I think is the official line.

At the same time....Vicarious Visions worked on Crash (As they have in the past on GBA actually) and helped with Destiny 2. Toys For Bob helped with Crash.

So I assume there will be a title this year from TFB? Maybe?

Grumblevolcano

The Activision game is probably the Crash collection, there was that retail listing that suggested it wasn't completely PS4 exclusive (only timed).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kobashi100

YummyHappyPills wrote:

@Octane Temporarily. Had to come bask in the good news being a business geek and all that. Plus I got some good news of my own...kind of depending on how you look at it.

The words about support from Take Two, Activision and EA have me curious. Is that more Skylanders, FIFA and NBA? EA is probably going to shut up and put up now, Activision notably have said nothing since Skylanders on launch day, and Take Two....I mean....Grand Theft Auto anyone?

That's the thing. I fully expect NBA and FIFA at this point, they'd be insane not to. It's just...what else...

NBA and FIFA are dead certs. Madden for sure also. GTA seems so logical but who knows. It may never come

I don't see EA porting anything outside of sports titles unfortunately

Activision is COD or Crash once it becomes multi platform

kobashi100

TuVictus

After using the wii u pro controller after how many months, I have to say it is soooooooooo much sleeker and more comfortable than the switch pro controller. I really wish they could just update the Wii U version with motion controls and NFC because it is a gorgeous piece of hardware. Especially compared to the cheap feeling Switch version

TuVictus

OorWullie

@Operative2-0 I'm the other way round. The Wii U Pro feels cheap compared to the Switch Pro. The Wii U Pro feels hollow and is considerably lighter. The Switch Pro feels sturdy and well built and I love how the big buttons feel. The analogue sticks are much better too. Shame about the D-pad though.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

GrailUK

@Octane Oh hush Mr Pushsquare! Remember where you are and don't be a party pooper

Edit- PS4 had like 3 months of market domination before Switch, so it's probably referring to just the first 10 months like for like. (Maybe - I have no idea ^^)

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Krull

General question here. I've been taking my Switch into work, and leaving it in its official case while in standby mode. By the end of the day, however, it is warm and the battery has run down about 80%. It has literally never left its case, and had a full charge before leaving the house. Anyone else had this issue? Any idea what's causing it?

So far, the only way I've found to get around this is to turn the Switch off fully, but that means I lose that pick-up-and-play factor, carrying on exactly where I left off. Like I say, I don't know what's causing it. I might try putting it in airplane mode, and seeing if that makes a difference.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Buizel

@Operative2-0 Surprised to hear that. I've not used the Switch Pro controller, but I can't stand the Wii U one.

Then again I don't really have any interest in the Switch Pro controller. I'm absolutely in love with those joycons!

At least 2'8".

Harmonie

Operative2-0 wrote:

After using the wii u pro controller after how many months, I have to say it is soooooooooo much sleeker and more comfortable than the switch pro controller. I really wish they could just update the Wii U version with motion controls and NFC because it is a gorgeous piece of hardware. Especially compared to the cheap feeling Switch version

They don't even need to add motion controls and NFC. I just wish they would let me use my existing Wii U Pro Controller on the Switch, because I can not justify spending 70 flipping dollars on another controller. The prices are absolutely outrageous.

One thing that really ticks me off about the Switch is how Nintendo has done practically nothing to smooth over those of us who actually supported them during the Wii U years.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

NaviAndMii

@Krull Hmm...whenever I leave my Switch in stand-by mode (in my case) the battery level seems to barely drop at all - and no over-heating (or anything) either. I've even left it in my case for over a week before (with a suspended game) and the battery didn't drop by more than 10% in all that time. Can't think why yours would be so drastically different...

You could perhaps try a full shut down (hold down the power button for 12 seconds) to see if that can perhaps solve the issue? (sometimes, if the issue is software related, a full shutdown can clear the problem) ..can't promise it'll work, but could be worth a try?

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

zionich

@Caldorosso-E I almost got the Vita Darkest Dungeon until I heard it is coming to Switch. I am so excited!!

Nier would be awesome as well.

I want all the games on the Switch. Portability is king for me!

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic