Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,301 to 22,320 of 69,962

Grumblevolcano

How about a Mario Maker sequel which essentially allows you to create your own 2D Mario game? Include the obvious things everyone's been wanting like slopes and an equivalent to Miiverse comments but also have like a world map creator which allows for stuff like secret exits.

Then that being it for 2D Mario until the Switch's successor.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eagle9

Maybe that Mario Maker is meant to buy when people talk it about here too

E: Asked this about different thread, but whatever.

Edited on by Eagle9

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

TuVictus

I would appreciate a new 2D Mario that is radically different. It has to be, if they plan on making any more 2D games, otherwise it'll just feel cheap and constricting compared to Mario maker.

TuVictus

SLIGEACH_EIRE

This is a rumour.

Bayonetta 3 To Release This Summer As Nintendo Switch Exclusive

https://www.futuregamereleases.com/bayonetta-3-release-summer...

It also makes mention of some sort of Animal Crossing game coming this year too. I sent an image in to the site around November 25th of an image I snapped from a Christmas promotional video Nintendo put out but it was never referenced. I believe it was a subtle hint that a new Animal Crossing game is coming.

Untitled

Look at the Animal Crossing symbol near the top of the tree. All the other gold symbols are of games already released on Switch.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Azooooz

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Or it could simply be Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp that was released on smartphones.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

TuVictus

This animal crossing really needs to up the game. Swimming and proper bodies were nice additions, but when things like stardew valley exist, it's kind of hard to defend their very minor gameplay changes. If they added a way to properly garden or grow more crops, that would be awesome.

TuVictus

Octane

Leakileaks Part II

Remember the big leak from a while back? That included everything from Soul Calibur VI, DMC 5, a RE2 remake, the pressure from Nintendo to release Pokemon in 2018? Well, here's part 2. There's a whole bunch of stuff on Nintendo this time, and a lot of it is likely to end up in a Direct next week. The leak mentioned January 10 or 11. Be warned though, if it's true, this leak will probably spoil the entire Direct.

Octane

gcunit

@SLIGEACH_EIRE It's a good spot. But I consider AC Switch a given for this year anyway, so no points from me

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Eagle9

Earlier Nintendo informed incoming Direct shows in time, now not even that, or what.

E: Or am i remembering wrong.

Edited on by Eagle9

Octane

@Eagle9 If there's one next week, they won't tell us until one or two days before it takes place.

Octane

Eagle9

@Octane
Am i remembering wrong then, earlier at least until week before or so.

StuTwo

Octane wrote:

@StuTwo You don't even know how much I'd want a Murasame reboot. There are way too few games set in feudal Japan. At least we're getting Ghost of Tsushima relatively soon-ish.

I made my list of ‘predictions’ tongue in cheek (well ‘duh’) but I do actually think Murasame is something that Nintendo will one day revisit.

The IP has no value- it never even launched outside Japan - but the setting is distinct (Nintendo doesn’t have a similar or conflicting IP) and the genre of Zelda like action game with more of a focus on fighting than puzzles is one that Nintendo has space for in their line up.

Plus they’ve name checked the game a few times over the past 5 years. Not every minor 1st party Famicom game gets that honour...

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Grumblevolcano

@Eagle9 Things like last year's Switch presentation and E3 stuff have had a longer time between announcement and the event itself but Directs are generally just a few days warning. If the Direct is happening on the 11th, Nintendo will likely announce it on the 8th (Monday).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@StuTwo It got a mini-game in Nintendo Land, so they haven't forgotten about it yet.

Octane

Eagle9

@Grumblevolcano
Oh.. okay, thanks.

rallydefault

@Eagle9
It's usually only been 2-3 days of notice before many Directs (with some exceptions of course).

rallydefault

FragRed

@Octane Until he posts details on something that actually comes true, I will like with all rumours, ignore what he says. Though the Rockstar thing I do think is true, I can't remember who else said it, may have been Zhuge on Twitter?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic