Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,141 to 20,160 of 70,000

Megal0maniac

@Late Yeah, we're really getting into the overwhelmed era concerning Switch games. I saw the Harmonix label and started looking up some (user) reviews which were very positive, so I knew it wasn't going to be shovelware like some of those titles now unfortunately showing up. Also, it's only 15 bucks. So if you've got any inclination towards rhythm games I would definitely get it.

Megal0maniac

Grumblevolcano

So in terms of the big first party games of this year you have:

• BotW -> Expansion Pass
  • MK8 Deluxe -> Nothing so far
  • ARMS -> Monthly free content updates
  • Splatoon 2 -> Weekly free content updates
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle -> Season Pass (Yes, I know it's Ubisoft but it's a Nintendo/Ubisoft collaboration title so I'll count it)
  • Pokken DX -> Nothing so far
  • Fire Emblem Warriors -> Season Pass
  • Super Mario Odyssey -> Nothing so far
  • Xenoblade 2 -> Expansion Pass

Judging from this, I think Mario Odyssey will get an expansion pass announced either in a December Direct or early 2018.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MFD

@Grumblevolcano They could put more tracks into MK8D, maybe some more racers, but for some reason I don't think they'll do much more with that game.

I'm waiting to see if FE:W's DLC is worth my purchase. I really hope the new characters aren't clones of existing ones, like if they would make Darios, Garnef, Validar and Iago playable, they would just be copies of the Twins (Darios) and Robin (All the casters).

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Megal0maniac

I didn't think I would ever say this, but yeah, bring on the DLC!

Megal0maniac

-Green-

Crumbleton DLC would be much appreciated.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@IceClimbers Yes, but look at their prediction for the next 6 months. All the other leading platforms show an increase while Switch is down 7%. That could be because they don't in fact have much for Switch during that time.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Spoony_Tech

I can't sit here and say that the Farming Simulator video didn't make me want to buy it. Why does it look so appealing to me?!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

@SLIGEACH_EIRE I mean, they're obviously going to have less for Switch. Mostly those big AAA multiplats that will be skipping the platform.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MFD

@Ralizah You remind me, I wonder how Steep is coming along. Been a while since we've last heard of it.

MFD

FX102A

I'm gonna put out my usual unlikely but oh so desperate desire to see a remastering of Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere in all its Japanese multi-storyline, faction flying, in game choice, anime cutscene glory that we never got back in 2000.

FX102A

Aozz101x

@UmniKnight last we heard. it was still planned and something "in their mind" but it's still happening.
http://nintendoeverything.com/steep-director-again-says-the-s...

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

JaxonH

Screw it. Just preloaded Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Skyrim digitally. I know I have the special edition of Xenoblade 2 locked in (and the normal edition), but I decided to go all digital for the top releases on Switch (in addition to physical). I know I'm going to run out of space in a year or 18 months doing this but hopefully a 512gb micro SD will release by then, which would add another hundred gigabytes on top of my current 400gb, which will hopefully last for another year until 768gb cards release.

Got Zelda BotW, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, Mario Rabbids, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Ultra Street Fighter II, and already had Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 and Monster Hunter XX. It was just a big lump of games altogether now because Nintendo had such a big first year and a lot of their games were big ones like Xenoblade and FE Warriors and Zelda. In the future I don't foresee that many large games from Nintendo. Kirby will be small. So will Yoshi. Fire Emblem will likely be large and so will Metroid Prime 4 but that's only two games spread out over the next several years.

If anything, I just ordered that Nyko kickstand with an SD slot built in. I'll grab another 400gb micro SD if I run out of room (or, if 512gb have released and I've upgraded already I'll just use my old 400gb) and move all digital copies of full retail releases over to the spare micro SD, since I'll own them all physically anyways. That way my main card has everything else on it- mandatory installs for physical games, DLC, updates, indies, VC, etc. and I'll keep the spare card with all the digital copies of top retail games I already have physically stored in the SD slot of the kickstand. Then anytime I want to play one of those top retail games I won't have to bring my cartridges with me, I can just swap SD cards and have them all ready to go.

It's a compromise I'm willing to accept if it comes to it, since it's all games I already own a retail version of physically. But I'm hoping I can squeeze by until a larger card releases next August, and then squeeze by another year until 768gb cards release. Right now I had 307gb before buying all these games digitally. After installing all of them I'll have 239gb. After accounting for mandatory installs from DOOM (9gb), LA Noire (15gb), WWE 2K18 (24gb) and Resident Evil Revelations Collection (26gb) it'll be 166gb.

I just thought I would share this since struggles with storage space will not be a unique issue for me. It's going to be something everyone here will likely deal with in some way or fashion. These are the solutions I came up with. Maybe it'll inspire others to come up with a solution for themselves.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

Thinking of games that would be great on the Switch, Hand of Fate 2 and Tooth of Tail come to mind.

@JaxonH If the time comes, I'll resort to a bigger SD. I'll go for physical if at all possible, and digital if I have no other choice. I don't mind having to put cartridges in and out, a little extra movement doesn't hurt anybody.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Pazzo-TheFool

Assuming we don't get Dark Souls from FS, I'd want to see what they'll do with Armored Core.

So many good memories playing Armored Core and Ace Combat on PS2 in a hotel with my brother.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

OorWullie

Every one of my games except for FIFA were bought digitally. I did plan on going 100% digital with the Switch, I was probably around 80% digital on Wii U but I have to be realistic, it's not going to be possible.Having to upgrade Micro SD's annually and the costs it incurs is one thing but its not the biggest problem for me. Internet speeds are not great at my apartment or for Thailand in general so the thought of having to re-download all my games when the time comes to upgrade the storage is enough to make me think bugger doing that.I'll just go digital for 1st party and physical for 3rd, the big games anyway. Doom then Skyrim will be my 2nd and 3rd boxed games to go with FIFA then I'm not sure what my next one will be . LA Noire I'm holding off on for now, nothing really to do with the required download, just a lack of time to play it. When I do eventually get it I'll use a spare SD for that. Xenoblade 2 I'm still undecided on, if I do end up getting it though I might just go physical, considering the size of the file. If so I'll break my digital 1st party rule but so be it. Monolith are 2nd party anyway. I've no interest in WWE 2K18, as was the case with NBA 2K18 so that's some storage headache avoided. So aye if I stick with this approach I'm confident I can get to the. end of the Switch's life with my humble 128gb SD card while still being mostly digital. Let's face it, big 3rd party games with the required extra download or even big 3rd party games without one aren't going to be too common anyway.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

And, what I was thinking is if we get new annual versions of FIFA, NBA 2K or WWE 2K, can just delete the outdated version and go with the newer one. That way you're not compiling mandatory downloads every year- you're just swapping one out for another which means for the next 5 years, I'll need no more space for those games.

Well, FIFA was all on cart. I guess I'm referring to the other two games.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic