Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,141 to 20,160 of 31,673

Hughesy

Just had a weird bug, the screen wasn’t very bright. Auto was off and it was on max, but it was like when you leave it for a while and the screen dims. Thankfully after putting it to sleep and then back on it was back to normal. Not sure if the new update is the cause, or it’s just a random thing.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Statement from NOA regarding sales.

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In September, the Nintendo Switch system was once again the top-selling current-generation console hardware, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. This marks the third straight month that Nintendo Switch has been No. 1, and the fifth time overall in the seven months since its launch. Nintendo Switch has already surpassed 2 million units sold in the U.S. alone, and has yet to go through its first holiday shopping season.

When combined with the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and the plug-and-play Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system, Nintendo systems claimed two-thirds of the month’s total video game hardware sales.

Nintendo Switch games again occupied multiple spots in the list of best-selling individual games of the month, including Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle from Ubisoft at No. 7, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at No. 10 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at No. 11. Also, the Metroid: Samus Returns game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems debuted at No. 8.

Nintendo Switch aims to continue its momentum into the holidays, with the launches of Fire Emblem Warriors on Oct. 20, Super Mario Odyssey on Oct. 27, DOOM and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim from Bethesda Game Studios on Nov. 10 and Nov. 17, respectively, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Dec. 1. Additionally, Nintendo 3DS will see the arrival of Fire Emblem Warriors on Oct. 20, Mario Party: The Top 100 on Nov. 10, and Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon on Nov. 17.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

MisterPi

I'm glad they're doing well. I may not be happy with everything they do, but I'm so glad the Switch is thriving enough that we're getting stuff like DOOM. Here's hoping for an equally game packed 2018

MisterPi

SKTTR

New eShop release dates:

2017.10.26 - 14,99€ - [DL] Splasher (Plug In Digital / Playdius / Splasher Team)
2017.10.26 - 14,99€ - [DL] Moon Hunters (Kitfox Games)
2017.10.26 - 4,99€ - [DL] Zombie Gold Rush (amazing Inc.)
2017.10.26 - 6,99€ - [ACA/NG] Mutation Nation (HAMSTER / SNK)

Is Moon Hunters the same game as the formerly announced Moon Hunters: Eternal Echoes or is this one the prequel?

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Nicolai

Oh nice, a Kass icon! That fits perfectly!

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

OorWullie

A new game has appeared in the coming soon section of the US Eshop and it looks right up my alley. It's only $9.99 too.

Heroes of the Monkey Tavern

It seems the US Eshop staff have finally got their finger out and started to regularly update the coming soon section. The UK Eshop is a great source for finding out about new games, I check it every day. There's quite a few differences between the 2 as well so it looks like both are worth keeping an eye on from now.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

GrailUK

@OorWullie Game looks great but omg the game's icon is going to get some hate. (It's basically a badly drawn monkey!)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

OorWullie

@GrailUK How did you know that will be the icon? haha. I just had a search and yep,it looks bad.At least it's holding a pint,not that I drink but still.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Spanjard

“We will wait for sales of Fifa18”

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Star Wars Battlefront 2 uses the Frostbite Engine. EA couldn't get FIFA 18 running on it(or did they even try?) so getting a game like this on the Switch would be much more difficult. EA say they built a custom engine for FIFA which was closer to XB360 than the next generation consoles. FIFA is very different from Star Wars and I doubt that engine could be used here.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

OorWullie

I doubt I would even bother with Star Wars Battlefront 2 if it did come to Switch. I played the original after all my mates had harped on about it for ages and thought it was crap. Just another one of those over hyped games. Same goes for Destiny. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. I'm really happy with the Bethesda support as those are the kind of games I have been missing as a Nintendo gamer.If I could choose just one game from the other consoles that I'd love to see on the Switch it would be The Witcher 3.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Azooooz

@SLIGEACH_EIRE They said the Switch can run frostbite engine, but when they were making a Switch version of Fifa 18, they decide not to use Frostbite engine for it. I say they didn't even try.

"Knowing your enemy is the key to victory" Snake - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

"Knowing your stomach is the key to end hunger" Azooooz - Nintendo Life

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Azooooz

@sanya_exe

And my TV's speakers are old and crapping out.

Yep, that's maybe the problem.

"Knowing your enemy is the key to victory" Snake - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

"Knowing your stomach is the key to end hunger" Azooooz - Nintendo Life

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

DarthNocturnal

SWBF1 was alright, but it definitely had a lot of missed potential. It didn't stop me from enjoying it, but it was flawed in more then a few ways.

2 is improving a lot of the gameplay and other mechanics (like, no more token pickups). I think it'd be great if it came to Switch.

I'll still be wanting my XB1 copy in the meantime, however.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic