Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,501 to 17,520 of 70,070

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Well if Lego Marvel is anywhere near as good as the first one was (the first is one of the best Lego games they've put out) then it should be excellent.

Anyways, the file sizes for RE Revelations 1 and 2 have been revealed. The first one is 13GB, and the second one is 26GB.

Ouch. Revelations 2 is going to have to wait until I can get a bigger SD card. NBA 2K is gonna take up all my space

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haruki_NLI

@IceClimbers Which is odd, as on Vita Revelations 2 is 2.8GB and on PS4 its 23.1GB

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

I wonder, would a 32GB Switch cartridge be able to hold Revelations 2? I know that with memory storage there's always a certain amount amount of unusable space (e.g. 500GB internal hard drive for XB1 has 135GB unusable space) so maybe even if Capcom wanted a cartridge release for Revelations 2, they'd have had to make some of the game downloadable in the same way as BotW on Wii U.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

Not gonna post links cause I'm not sure what the forum's policy is on that, but if you buy an eshop giftcard through Paypal's website, it'll give you ten percent off. Great for all y'all who buy digital.

link3710

OorWullie

I was considering Revelations 2 but no chance am I using up 20% of my memory card on it.Being download only is going to really hurt its sales at retail and on the Eshop.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

IceClimbers

@BLP_Software Capcom. That's all that needs to be said haha.

On the topic of file sizes, DB Xenoverse 2 is 6.4GB.

Yeah, getting the 64GB card was a mistake. Should've bought the 128.

Grumblevolcano

@OorWullie It definitely will hurt sales, I'd imagine most Switch users don't have a micro SD card for their Switch let alone it taking up a significant part of some micro SD cards.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Still think it's weird they didn't even try to fit them on a single card. 26GB is pretty big. I also think it's weird how 32GB is the current limit of available cards, but they probably get too expensive if they made them bigger...

@Grumblevolcano Internal memory works differently. All the space on a card is available for the game. So yes, a 26GB game can fit on a 32GB card.

And no, BOTW on the Wii U didn't require downloadable content. Everything is on the disc, everything fits on the disc. The problem the Wii U version is that optical media is too slow, the disc drive cannot load the data fast enough, hence why everything on PS4 and Xbox is a mandatory install. Zelda, and Xenoblade X to a degree, required installs for the same reason. The disc drive wouldn't be able to read and load the game fast enough.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Why was BotW a forced update then? Of course XCX had optional data packs but you literally couldn't play BotW if you didn't download the update.

Grumblevolcano

Haruki_NLI

Honestly it would have been better having a DL code for the snaller first game and putting the 2nd on a cart it can easily fot on.

But no. Its cheaper for them to pass the cost to us. Give us the smaller game on a cart and make us download the bigger one

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Because like I said, disc drives are too slow. XCX and BOTW are arguably the biggest Wii U games in terms of size. They made it work with XCX, but maybe they couldn't with BOTW.

Octane

antster1983

Looks like next week's gonna be another busy one for releases...

• 36 Fragments of Midnight
  • ACA NEOGEO Spinmaster
  • Beach Buggy Racing
  • Kingdom: New Lands
  • NBA 2K18 (out Friday 15th September on eShop, retail release 17th October)
  • Quest of Dungeons
  • Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition (out Tuesday, also out on retail)
  • Semispheres

Edited on by antster1983

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

So glad L.A. Noir is making its way to the Switch, and it's custom ported.

HD Rumble doubt.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

IceClimbers

I'm just glad the Tri Slosher is getting nerfed finally.

Pazzo-TheFool

@IceClimbers I really didn't have a problem with it until I fought one with any weapon with a longer range than an Inkbrush.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Qwertyninty

@Hieronymus-E Customer ported? You mean just adding in the hd rumble and such right? I mean I do want to see what they do visually. Switch is more powerful than ps360 in handheld mode.... So we SHOULD get a good experience docked.

Qwertyninty

Grumblevolcano

Unsurprisingly LA Noire is $10 more expensive on Switch than other platforms. Another game falls victim to the Switch tax.

Grumblevolcano

Pazzo-TheFool

@Grumblevolcano Source?

EDIT: Ah, found it. A shame, but we're paying to take it on the go. A disk system wouldn't have worked for the Switch.

Edited on by Pazzo-TheFool

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic