Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 16,281 to 16,300 of 70,008

Octane

@BLP_Software Yeah, but it wasn't an issue last year, so why should it be now? If the Switch never had any form of HD rumble, that entire article wouldn't probably even exist.

I'm sure the next DS will have some form of advanced rumble too.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Im not saying its an issue! XD Im simply posting an article that made an observation and my only concern is actual intrigue that Sony hasnt changed it since it became a thing.

And Im sure it will have advanced rumble in future. But its just an interesting thing to see noted.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

I've come around somewhat on the HD rumble (it's impressive in Tumbleseed), although I don't think its absence is anything concerning. Maybe the joycons would cost less if they had late 90s rumble tech in them?

Then again, at least the HD rumble is cool from time to time: not something I can say for the DS4's unresponsive touchpad and annoying lightbar.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TuVictus

The only game to have semi interesting HD rumble was Fast Racing Neo for me. Any other game that has used it, I regard it the same as regular rumble. That said, similar to regular rumble, I'd notice if it disappeared

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Octane

@BLP_Software Well, probably because the mechanism behind rumble is a very simple concept. Your phone has the same mechanism, but a lot smaller. It's like the buttons, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. And anything more than that will probably be a lot more complicated and expensive. I didn't even know the Xbox Controller had an advanced form of rumble by the way. Anway, HD rumble is a neat evolution (although I have yet to try it out myself), but like so many other innovations (touchpad comes to mind), how many games will even use it? It's like the 3D function on the 3DS, it was a big deal, but it wasn't revolutionary. Once the 3DS is done and over with, it's practically gone. I feel that these things only work if at least two out of three console manufacturers use it and the industry unanimously agrees it's here to stay. I hope that's the case for HD rumble if it's as cool as some people say...

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane I didnt know Xbox used advanced rumble either. But then again, i cant hold their controllers.

I imagine HD Rumble will become standard as PC always uses Haptic feedback. It isnt unique to Switch.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

I wonder if Switch leads to gyro becoming standard for controllers.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

@BLP_Software
Ah, man - I think the Xbox One controller is the best of this gen. Anyway, the One controller has the HD rumble in just the triggers, I believe.

rallydefault

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Seeing how the Wii U had it and the PS4 has it, the industry hasn't changed a lot since. So no, not in the foreseeable future at least.

Octane

veeflames

@rallydefault You're talking about the Impulse feedback, right? It feels more like a lite but more precise version of the normal rumble of that controller. I wouldn't really classify it as HD Rumble, I think.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

It's interesting how different the responses to ARMS news are to the Nintendo Versus twitter than the normal Nintendo twitters. While the latter is full on "Splatoon 2 killed ARMS", the former is filled with excitement for upcoming announcements.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NaviAndMii

I don't even understand what people mean by "Splatoon 2 killed ARMS" - have ARMS' sales fallen off a cliff or something? ..or is it literally dead, with online lobbies reduced to virtual ghost towns??

I'd have thought that they'd be two games that'd compliment each other quite nicely on the console - rather than treading on each others' toes...

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Paraka

@NaviAndMii - It's a comparison thing. Similar to how World of Warcraft has been "dead" for the passed 4 expansions. Namely cause it lost 1-2 million on and off again, yet still towers in the most active players in any MMO to this date.

It's the same as Splatoon 2 to ARMS. Splatoon 2 is a towering behemoth against a rookie IP coming out of the woodwork arms swinging. The game is pretty decent in popularity (and its queues are still good), just not like how Splatoon 2 to pacing. And yet no one talks about Mario Kart being in this same player pool.

Paraka

JaxonH

I love HD rumble. It's one of those small things that really round out the experience well. Controllers that don't have it feel dated right off the bat. Mario Kart used it very well. Always with the 3...2...1 it was so awesome. Even games that don't use variable intensity, like... the Monster Hunter XX demo... even single frequencies just feel better than other controllers because it's that gentle and subtle haptic vibration... not those insane full tilt monster truck engine vibrations

Also, I've always preferred the X1 controller, but I think Switch Pro has it beat. The X1 controller is so fat that it's uncomfortable to reach the LB/RB, which sucks. The Switch Pro has thinner triggers which allows the pointer fingers to reach L/R with ease. Plus it has HD rumble, it has NFC, it has gyro, it has USB-C and built in battery... The one thing I'd give to the Xbox controller still is the D-pad. That's the best D-pad in existence. So for Ultra Street Fighter II, the X1 controller would be preferred if I didn't have an arcade stick, but that's the only game I can think of where the Xbox controller might actually be the preferred choice.

@Yasaal
Well... you might as well hang up your controller now then, because I can promise you there will be plenty other games that don't come to Switch. That's been the mo of Nintendo consoles for 20 years. I think Switch will end up with considerably more meaningful third-party support compared to their past several consoles, but it's still going to miss 9 out of 10 multiplat games and that's not even up for debate. But if you quit not only will you not get those games, you won't get Nintendo's either, and then you'll really have something to complain about.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Yasaal

@JaxonH Hangs controller by noose. Ok. I can't lose those Nintendo exclusives but it's been a long time since we got great 3rd party games you know... Nintendo needs to do it ASAP. Their First Party can't save a console no matter how great the games. The Wii U is a living (?) reminder of that.

Edited on by Yasaal

Currently Watching: Psycho-Pass

Currently Playing: -

My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

Yasaal

What's DS4? I feel I'm missing something here...

Therad

Octane wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Seeing how the Wii U had it and the PS4 has it, the industry hasn't changed a lot since. So no, not in the foreseeable future at least.

Which is really strange, since that is better than the classical twin sticks setup. Is it a "real gamers despise motion control"-thing?

Therad

Yasaal

@OorWullie Oh thanks. I knew that already... tries to cover face in embarrassment

SKTTR

@JaxonH

I need a digipad for some games. The standard Joycons are awkward to use for some 2D gaming. All my Switch games would be more comfortable and better to play with the Wii U GamePad than the Joycons. I see it when playing Shovel Knight, BotW, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Blaster Master Zero, and it's also not the best solution for Disgaea 5. So I really need a better controller for the Switch, and the Switch Pro is the only one there is.

And now you tell me that the digipad is worse than the one on the XBOX One Controller which has the worst digipad I ever experienced! One hour of Killer Instinct and it gave me the worst fractures on the thumbs. That thing is stinging out like a thorn, and on top of that is hard like nazi iron! You can't compare that XBox One digibad with the buttery smoothness of any digipad starting from the NES controller all the way up to the Wii U GamePad.

And you even play fighting games with that thing??

Damn! I think I need to get a third party controller this gen.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic