Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 16,301 to 16,320 of 70,106

Octane

@Therad I think it needs to be implemented first before people can despise it. The only game I know of that uses it for ''aiming'' are the Gravity Rush games.

And after some Googling I've read that Killzone on the PS3 had gyro aiming, but that's all I could find...

Octane

OorWullie

Can you imagine the uproar if the next gen COD or Battlefield have motion controls like Splatoon. The 'hardcore' will be frothing at the mouth. While us Nintendo casuals will just shake our heads and keep playing with our superior set up, as we have done since Metroid Prime 3.To me, using dual analogue for FPS feels archaic.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

skywake

Personally I stand by what I've felt for a long while. For precision aiming....
#1. Mouse
#2. Pointer controls
#3. Motion assisted analogue stick
#4. Stylus (it's precise but a bit cumbersome)
#5. Analogue stick

For precision character movement:
#1. Analogue stick
#2. D-Pad (especially for 2D)
#3. Keyboard
#4. Stylus (i.e. Zelda on DS controls)
#5. Motion controls

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Paraka

@antster1983 - I am far more amused this game may exist before a handful of the indies appearing in it have their first game existing.

Which also sort of hurts, since I have been a champion of Blubber Busters game since its original conception on Polygon. Before it was even considered a game.

Paraka

Tobiaku

You know how when you start a game, you usually are asked to select user? Is that related to savefiles? For some reason Othello does not ask me to select a user, it just starts

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

NEStalgia

@OorWullie I find FPS pretty much unplayable with dual-analog. I'd gotten ok at it for a while in my post-mouse days, and then after Splatoon, nope, can't happen, shooters and dual sticks just feel clunky to the point of having to play on whatever beginner-easy mode is available just to not have to stress over it.

NEStalgia

FragRed

Has anyone bought Sonic Mania on the Switch yet? I'm thinking of buying it but since there's no Switch reviews available yet due to Sega not sending out codes, I'm sceptical about buying it until I have heard from others.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

OorWullie

@FragRed I bought it earlier it runs perfectly.

@NEStalgia Agreed,it's not just FPS I struggle with them, anything that requires aiming, I feel like I'm fighting the controls. It was the reason I gave up on Dues Ex on Wii U, well that and the awful load times. I was really looking forward to playing that too. I'd probably have got on a little better if it didn't force the Gamepad, it's size (and crappy sticks) made dual analogue even harder for me. Even with the Pro though I struggle.wirh dual analogue aiming. There was a section in RE Revelations that had me wanting to chuck my Wii U out the window. It wasn't even difficult what I had to do but the controls made things difficult for me.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

@SKTTR
I wouldn't worry too much about my opinion.

Cause I think the Joycon are the best controller ever conceived (although admittedly there are a few select games which are played better with the pro controller or arcade stick) and I do think the X1 Dpad is the best ever.

So it sounds like we have completely opposite opinions in which case I wouldn't worry too much about what I think

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SLIGEACH_EIRE

99Vidas - Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer

Every generation has its benchmark, 99Vidas is the sum of them all!

99Vidas is a beat 'em up set in a contemporary world that pays tribute to both the new and the classic in gaming industry.
Brought to you in all pixelated, 16 bit-esque glory, chockfull of references to not only gaming, but all 80's and 90's pop culture.
6 stages (with more to come) will take you on a journey to different parts of the world to face hordes of fierce enemies and relentless bosses, but you don’t have to it alone – You can face this challenge with up to 4-players in co-op play, both local and online.

• 11 Playable characters
  • Up to 4 players in Co-op
  • Story Mode with 6 levels
  • 2 Bonus Levels
  • 6 Challenging Boss Fights
  • Versus Mode
  • Survivor Mode
  • Multiple Upgradable skills
  • Multiple Weapons and Special Attacks

For more information, please visit:

http://99vidasthegame.qubyteinteractive.com/

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

NaviAndMii

Showing a picture of a bent Switch isn't exactly evidence that it's bending - in the absence of any 'before and after' pictures showing how a formerly straight Switch has warped over time, I'm inclined to assume that these bent Switch's weren't straight to begin with...

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@Yasaal Of course they do. There will always be something wrong with the systems.

Firstly because that is only logical nothing can be perfect, and two, the internet needs something to moan about regarding Nintendo!

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Luna_110

The Switch may bend, or not, but there isn't any proof it may affect performance. So... the internet blowing up stuff again, it seems.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

JaxonH

@Yasaal

Switch is not bending. It never was. Some units simply come with a slight bend from the manufacturer. My brand new 2nd Switch which is on display and never gets played... It has the slight bend. It's super hard to notice and I wouldn't have ever known about it if it wasn't for the internet telling me to specifically look for it.

But the point is, it's not "bending"--> the flatness of the tablet isn't changing after you buy it. Some people simply noticed the flatness isn't perfectly straight, and starting making wild assumptions about heat causing it and all this other jazz (tests have been done blocking all vents and covering under a blanket and Switch still operates at a very safe level of heat- and it will shut off if it exceeds safe levels (67°C I believe is the cutoff, and that's the temp reading near the chip).

So... ya, all the Switches I'm aware of (everyone I own and all the ones my friends own) are flat within plus or minus a millimeter or so. Nothing you'll ever notice unless you are specifically going out of your way to try to look for it with a straightedge. And on this entire site I really don't hear anybody who owns one complaining either. The whole bending thing is nothing to worry about.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

I can't believe people are moaning about this "bend" stuff. I don't care a rat's butt if my Switch slightly bends over time. If it ever bends enough to crack or displace the screen or otherwise affect the internals, then we'll have a problem, but otherwise, people need to find something that actually matters to complain about.

rallydefault

IceClimbers

So Crackdown 3 got delayed to 2018. Makes the Xbox One X that much harder of a sell. Switch and PS4 will be the hot ticket items this holiday I guess lol.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic