Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 16,261 to 16,280 of 26,397

Zyrac

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Xenoverse is fighting... although the battles are in waaaaay more open arenas. It's similar to the Budokai Tenkaichi games of old, which tried to replicate the fighting as seen in the show (flying, energy blasts, yelling, getting punched through a mountain, more yelling, etc).

Wait, really? I loved Tenkaichi, and ever since I've been ignoring Dragonball games for not being it. Guess maybe I should take a look at this one.

Nicolai wrote:

3D platformers are by nature harder with the third dimension, with camera control, and with the eye's inability to perceive depth (unless you're playing SM3DL)...

See? See? 3D is a useful feature that shouldn't have been left behind!

Yes, I'm a touch bitter.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Fullblox levels | Mario Maker levels | ACNL Dream Address: 6E00 000F 65D2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

Qwertyninty

I'm feeling like the switch is about to hit its stride. Like the next couple months are gonna be BIG. Splatoon, rabbids, fifa, 2k wrestling and bb... I am about to spend a lot of money.

Qwertyninty

Caldorosso-E

Qwertyninty wrote:

I'm feeling like the switch is about to hit its stride. Like the next couple months are gonna be BIG. Splatoon, rabbids, fifa, 2k wrestling and bb... I am about to spend a lot of money.

About to? If sold out every week isn't... Lord help those poor souls come holiday season.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
~~/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM~~
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

NaviAndMii

@Qwertyninty I know what you mean! I particularly like how many games with real replayability (Mario Kart, Splatoon, Rocket League etc.) are coming in year one - I feel like I can stock up on 'staples' that I won't tire of throughout the entire console generation, then cherry-pick the best-of-the-best to supplement my library going forward...it's great!

In fact, if anything, I'm finding it difficult to narrow down my shortlist...I'm really keen on Splatoon 2, Overcooked, ARMS, Skyrim, Sonic Mania, Mario Odyssey, Stardew Valley, Death Squared, FIFA, Rocket League, The Escapists 2, Snipperclips, Fast RMX, Redout - possibly a JRPG - and some more accessories (a couple of extra Joy-Con, Pro Controller, mini-dock etc.) ...there's no way I'll be able to afford them all, so I have some really tough decisions to make - but I wouldn't want it any other way!

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 NSW 🎮

Currently Playing (Online): Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 61, CB: A, RM: A, SZ: A, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCat★

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

Grumblevolcano

@Hieronymus-E Honestly given the situation in Japan, Splatoon 2 and MHXX could've done with being delayed by about a year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@GameOtaku What's different between the two?

@MegaTen What's special about that one? I'm completely clueless about fighting games, but Arms and USFII have got me somewhat interested on Switch.

NEStalgia

MegaTen

NEStalgia wrote:

@GameOtaku What's different between the two?

@MegaTen What's special about that one? I'm completely clueless about fighting games, but Arms and USFII have got me somewhat interested on Switch.

Well, I like the visuals, and you can fight as a couple of characters from Nicalis' previous titles, like Cave Story and Code of Princess. Hope it plays as good as it looks.

Done with gaming. Farewell people!

MegaTen

Bought a Hori Game Card Case, but I regret doing so. Mine left a small mark on my Mario Kart 8 one. There's just too much pressure you have to use to get the Game Cards in and out. Not recommended.

Untitled

The Hori one I have for the PlayStation Vita seems to be a lot more friendly for both the software and the user.

Done with gaming. Farewell people!

DarthNocturnal

@NEStalgia

Fighter Z is a more traditional 1v1 fighter on a 2D plane (like Street Fighter, or Arc System Works' own BlazBlue).

EDIT: Oh, seems it has a little “Vs Capcom“ thrown in for good measure (you select a team of fighters you can use to call in assists, or swap out mid-battle).

@Zyrac

Budokai Tenkaichi seems to have been the template for most DBZ games for... about a decade now. Or at least, the Raging Blast games (Ultimate Tenkaichi and Battle of Z may have changed a few other things, but from what I saw, they have at least SOME elements of the BT games).

I actually tried BT3 back in the day. I felt like it had too many actions (upon actions....upon actions) to remember, in order to be decent at it. I was slightly wary trying out Xenoverse, but it's very easy to learn and I had fun with the relatively little bit that I played (I have the PC version).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Ralizah

@antster1983 YES! I've been interested in The Sexy Brutale since I read a review for the PS4 version. Will definitely pick that up.

@NEStalgia As I understand it, Xenoverse 2 is more of an arena fighter, whereas FighterZ is a proper one-on-one fighting game.

Xenoverse 2 is also older and probably already owned by most of the people who are interested in it.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

NEStalgia

@MegaTen Hmm, I love those cases, personally. I don't know if it leaves small marks on the side, but I haven't noticed, but you do have to use force pushing in against the clips to remove them. They might leave marks, but I don't see that as a tremendous issue.

The PDP ones on the other hand are nasty. Hori's are a soft plastic on the clips. PDPs are a hard plastic and even tighter tolerance. They require so much force to break out the card that I'm A) afraid of snapping the card, and B) I sliced my finger on the sharp edge due to the snap back of breaking the cart out.

NEStalgia

rallydefault

Qwertyninty wrote:

I agree the pieces are there, but I'm still not convinced. The Wii U jaded me too much. If the Fall/Holidays go well for the Switch, then I think it's "in the clear," to speak. But until then, they have A LOT of hurdles coming up (new Microsoft hardware, big lineups from competition, etc.) AND an ongoing supply issue, especially in Japan and parts of North America.

rallydefault

GameOtaku

@Octane
One is a mmo action rpg, the other a one on one traditional fighting game.
2 completely different playstyle sand demographics!

GameOtaku

Octane

@GameOtaku That's like saying 2D and 3D Mario games are completely different and therefore there's no overlap in audience

Octane

GameOtaku

@Octane
But they are different. Yes they may have an overlap audience but a huge difference in player preference.

GameOtaku

Caldorosso-E

Splatoon 2 recieved a great score from NL! How many of you plebeians can I expect to see day one?

( After all, I have to know who to watch out for. :V )

Edited on by Caldorosso-E

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
~~/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM~~
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic