Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 16,261 to 16,280 of 19,339

gcunit

@Hieronymus-E Granted, I normally play ARMS on the telly, but I had a great session playing it in table-top mode with normal motion controls.

It's a shame of people aren't seeing it yet, but ARMS really is a great 1v1 fighter, and certainly as good a demonstration of the extra dimension motion controls can provide as I can remember.

Right now in my head, it's all horses, horses, horses, food, and horses.

Currently playing: Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Yoshi's Woolly World

Switch Friend code: SW-3124-5612-5724 - I like to keep a tight list of peeps I'm familiar with.

Hieronymus-E

@gcunit
I agree! I look forward to playing it. I adored Wii Sports Boxing.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

Ralizah

http://www.shonengamez.com/2017/07/14/dragon-ball-fighterz-in...

"KS: There’s an overwhelmingly insane support for a Nintendo Switch version of FighterZ. Have you seen the outreach and is there anything you would like to say to them?

TH: In terms of the Switch version, we’re currently working on Xenoverse 2 for the Switch, so we want players to first go there, and then we can talk about FighterZ."

"Please buy this entirely different game if you want us to deign to make a Nintendo Switch version."

Third party behavior like this is infuriating.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Reginald

I'm not a fighter game fan by any means, but I actually feel sorry for those who want FighterZ enough that I've actually considered getting Xenoverse 2. Guess it helps that I've never played it before...

Reginald

JaxonH

While I will concede Splatoon 2 is probably the better game (honestly not by much though), they're two different experiences, and while I'll likely sink most of my time into Splatoon 2, it's not a very good game for on the go once you've finished single player (Which is never that great anyways). I'd much rather bust out a few rounds of Arms at work, or in a little free time, than do anything Splatoon 2 offers. Now at home, maybe a different story, but even then I'll likely continue playing Arms.

I just like playing the CPU offline. And motion thumbs up grip is crucial in getting addicted. I tried buttons and was horrible at it. Just doesn't feel right after properly learning the default controls

edit

And for the record, I'm not that big on fighting games. Never too big a Smash fan... Street Fighter is the only one I ever sink much time into. And... Now Arms. Which has hooked me WAY more than SF ever did.

I am gonna try giving the Neo Geo games a proper go with an arcade stick though. Sometimes proper controls make all the difference (Like Arms with thumbs up grip). And will be trying Dragonball Xenoverse 2

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
Splatoon 2 ..... MHXX ..... Mario Kingdom Battle..... Arms

AWAITING
Fire Emblem [Switch] ..... Metroid Prime 4 [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] ..... MH World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS] ..... Ni No Kuni 2 [PS4]

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Ralizah

@Reginald They won't get any money from me. If they don't want to release their game on the Switch, then that's fine, but holding one game for ransom on the condition that an entirely different game sells well first is ridiculous.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

DarthNocturnal

Well, Nintendo themselves is no stranger to the “held for ransom“ method. Didn't they do it twice with Star Fox (3D on 3DS, Zero on Wii U)?

EDIT: Although, to be fair, if Xenoverse 1 is any indication, Xenoverse 2 isn't nearly as polarising as SF0...

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Octane

@Ralizah I understand what you're saying, but I also don't think their approach is ridiculous. Obviously they want to test the waters first. If Xenoverse 2 bombs, what are the chances of FighterZ succeeding? On top of that, announcing FighterZ now may cannibalise Xenoverse 2 sales on the Switch when that game arrives.

Octane

NEStalgia

@JaxonH So, about ARMS, since at the moment I'm offline most of the time thanks to my delightful hotspot issues, I decided to go back in to single player. Currently entering the final round of Lv7 Grand Prix as Min Min with RamRam/Revolver/Whammer. Using button controls on joycons in handheld. Just figured you'd like to know So....think they'll add a Lv8?

Is Xenoverse 2 a fighting game? Could be interested, though I know nothing about DBZ. I tried Fatal Fury Special yesterday....it's good....VEEERY Street Fighter II clone-ish. I can't figure out all the controls, and the instructions being for Neo Geo buttons make it harder to figure out (C and D button!) Not sure yet my opinion on the old NG fighters if you weren't already used to them from back in the day.

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

@NEStalgia

Xenoverse is fighting... although the battles are in waaaaay more open arenas. It's similar to the Budokai Tenkaichi games of old, which tried to replicate the fighting as seen in the show (flying, energy blasts, yelling, getting punched through a mountain, more yelling, etc).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Reginald

It's kind of weird looking back. I think when Xenoverse 2 was first announced for Switch, people actually were kind of interested and were looking forward to it? But as soon as FighterZ was announced, all interest for the other bombed.

I kind of don't blame them for worrying that a FighterZ announcement would jeopardize sales of Xenoverse 2. It's already happening.

Reginald

JaxonH

@Reginald @Ralizah

I'm buying Xenoverse 2. Partly because it looks good and I want to try it- always been curious, and partly to show support and do my part to see DBFZ.

It's not unreasonable to see how Xenoverse does. Otherwise, what happens when they announce Z, and then people get distracted by some other game all over again and are like nope, I'm just gonna wait for this now.

PLAYING
Splatoon 2 ..... MHXX ..... Mario Kingdom Battle..... Arms

AWAITING
Fire Emblem [Switch] ..... Metroid Prime 4 [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] ..... MH World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS] ..... Ni No Kuni 2 [PS4]

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

N-Gage

Need new super mario maker!!! Odyssey = Sunshine.

N-Gage

Nicolai

@N-Gage mmm, imagine a 3D Super Mario Maker. It'd be an undertaking, but it would be a heck of a lot of fun.

I doubt it would have much mainstream appeal, though. 3D platformers are by nature harder with the third dimension, with camera control, and with the eye's inability to perceive depth (unless you're playing SM3DL), so giving the reins to devious fans could make for some frustrating levels. Plus, a lot of the appeal of the 3D games are the wide range of goals you might find yourself striving for beyond collecting the star. And if Nintendo already had to delete server data for idle 2D levels, imagine how much server data a 3D level would take up. Of course, what are we paying for if Nintendo isn't going to use their new paid-service revenue for better servers? I bet Nintendo is just being stingy with those servers anyway.

Guess I can just stick to SM64 rom hacks. It just a shame I'm not tech savvy enough to make my own.

Edited on by Nicolai

I found @Haru17: https://youtu.be/c0Xtv8OAvYU
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: EST (-5:00) - || - Splatoon 2 Rank: SZ A+ ::: TC S+0 ::: RM S

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

GameOtaku

@Octane
Xenoverse 2 and fighter Z are two different kind of games completely.
How is one not selling well translate to the other not?

GameOtaku

Link-Hero

Finally managed to get a Switch a few hours ago. IStock gave me a notification to a nearby Walmart and I got the last one they had in stock. Which by the way, I have been using the site for months, but was unable to actually pick up a Switch due to inconvenient timing. Stores around me would always restock on days while I was working and sell them out within 30 minutes to an hour. By the time my shift is over, it would be too late.

The only disappointment about this event was that they only had the neon version instead of the grey one like I wanted. Due to taking so long to finally getting a Switch, I decided to pick it up anyway.

Got my Switch all set up and downloaded BotW. Will properly play it later.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

gcunit

@Link-Hero Well done you. And don't worry, you'll soon realise neon is the best choice

Right now in my head, it's all horses, horses, horses, food, and horses.

Currently playing: Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Yoshi's Woolly World

Switch Friend code: SW-3124-5612-5724 - I like to keep a tight list of peeps I'm familiar with.

Octane

@GameOtaku Because both are fighting games from the same franchise. There's going to be a big overlap in people who are interested in these games.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic