Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 15,081 to 15,100 of 70,070

OorWullie

@Luna_110 @MarcelRguez Cheers. I wasn't sure with it being Japanese if I would be need to make a Japanese account initially before adding others. As for the Eshop, Amazon sells top ups as download codes sent by email. I was thinking if i purchased some of these and added them to a NA account it would be fine. It does say though "Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States." I have a US amazon account and have a US shipping address on it so i can't see it being a problem. Unless it means I actually have to be physically in the US and will prevent me from buying them once it detects my IP. Surely not?

Edit ; just tried to make a test purchase and it said "We noticed you're shopping from United Kingdom. This item is not available for purchase due to geographical restrictions." I'm actually in Thailand but my account was made in UK. So at least i know I'm not IP blocked from purchasing but I'll need to change my country settings and add a US address. Just emailed them to see how to do. Hope that works.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

antster1983

Another roguelike originally on Steam is coming to the Switch [both eShop and retail it seems!]...

Edited on by antster1983

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@antster1983
Game looks quality, just like the Nicalis lineup of physical releases. I'm pretty picky when it comes to indies, but this one definitely looks legit. So many different moves and attacks. Not just a simple "press X to stab" game.

@OorWullie
Congrats on your new Switch 😃 And welcome to the fam. I am in the US, and created a US account linked to my NNID. I then created a JP account, and created a separate NNID with a separate email [email protected] to link to it. And now when I select a game, or the eShop, it shows both avatars, and I simply select which account to launch it with. First goes to NA eShop, second goes to JP eShop where I downloaded the DQ Heroes I&II demo. And, you can still set language to English for second account, despite country being set in Japan. It also means double the save slots for all games. So like, with Zelda, how there's only one save file... well, with a second account you get a separate brand new save file... so it's definitely something you should consider.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

@JaxonH Cheers. I've not quite got it yet. Need to wait a few more hours. I've spent the last hour deciding what games I'm going to purchase later today. I've decided on

ARMS
MK8D
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Wonderboy
Binding of Isaac
Blaster Master Zero
King of the Fighters 98
Neo Turf Masters
Blazing Star
Shock Troopers 2

I'll leave money in there for Splatoon 2.Zelda can wait till the 2nd DLC arrives, I'm still playing through the Wii U version but I doubt I'll ever get back to that now. Once the DLC hits I'll play through that on Switch then start the main quest over again in hard mode.

That's a pretty solid list of games there. I've never played any of those 4 Neo Geo games, nor Binding of Isaac or the original Blaster Master. Wonderboy was one of my favourite games as a kid but it's been 27 years since I played it. Puyo Puyo Tetris I already know I'll play for countless hours.Hugely excited to finally play MK8 Battle Mode, loved it on MKWii. Then there's ARMS, the game I've been most hyped for since the Switch reveal,other than Mario of course.Seriously can't wait

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

JaxonH

@OorWullie
Nice list. I'd also personally recommend Ultra Street Fighter II. That's a great game for local multiplayer, and looks terrific with the new HD sprites. Always loved SFII more than all the newer generations. A real classic.

And, if you're into RPG's, Disgaea 5 and I Am Setsuna are solid candidates, with more on the way (Xenoblade 2 will be GotY material like the last 2, of that I have no doubt, and Lost Sphear looks promising, and Dragon Quest XI is coming though I don't know when... and Skyrim- that's an RPG of a different flavor, but a solid game to wield in the palm of your hand).

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

@JaxonH Cheers for the recommendations. I put a lot of thought into whether to get SF2 and decided to go with KOF98 for now as I've never played it,seems like I'll get a lot out of the single player. How is USF2's online? If i was buying it I'd mostly be wanting it to play online but I've never been very good at it. Are the matchups random or skill based? I'm not sure Disagea is for me,I read the review and decided against it. Not a big tactical RPG player but I am looking forward to Mario and Rabbids, the next Fire Emblem and those Advance Wars clones.Those will probably enough in that genre for me. Turn based RPG's I've never really been a fan of. I've tried but I can't get into them.I love my action RPG's though, one of my favourite genres. Not enough of them anymore sadly. Skyrim is a definite purchase, looking forward to playing that for the first time.

As for upcoming releases, after Splatoon 2 my most anticipated games are Mario & Rabbids, Sonic Mania and possibly Sonic Forces, Skyrim, FIFA, Rocket League, Xenoblade 2 and one or 2 other indie titles I can't remember. Then with the game of all games Mario Odyssey to cap it all off, that will be one stellar line up of games I'll have before the years out.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

JaxonH

@OorWullie
I was beginning to panic when you said turn based wasn't your thing, until you mentioned Xenoblade 2 as a must have... And I breathed a huge sigh of relief 😁

Honestly haven't played USFII online. I just hit the master difficulty single player arcade mode and have at it (obviously stepped my way up little by little). I heard it's fine? I remember SFV fans complaining it worked better than that game lol... But I'd do some research.

NinROCK3T

I got my Switch on June 24th! It came with Mario Kart 8 DX, which I've been playing for hours on end! Me & my friend play online & the battle mode is fun af!

Go 2 my YT channel "ninrock3t"

Switch Friend Code: SW-5352-8021-7831 | My Nintendo: NinROCK3T | Nintendo Network ID: NinROCK3T | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

So Platinum may be teasing Bayonetta 1+2 remasters for Switch, the way this image is presented looks like the neon joy-cons.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

Notice how they went with blue & red instead of the grey?

It's because the neons are iconic; the grey ones suck and everyone who opted for them should feel bad about themselves - that's what Platinum are basically saying here

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MarcelRguez

I would say it's just some fancy artwork using each game's main color, but the barrel holes are more or less placed where the sticks are.

Quoting Enzo: I ******* believe.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

BigBadJohn

@gcunit Aw come on man I like my grey joycons. I don't regret not getting neons. Honestly I don't. Genuinely perfectly happy with my decision. No honestly not even a bit of regret... maybe a little regret.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

skywake

I pre-ordered the grey SKU. When I went to pick it up the person behind the counter put the neon SKU in a bag and handed it to me. When I walked out of the shop I realised I had got the neon SKU instead. I did not walk back in the shop.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Lethal

No way I can do those neon colors on my console. Look much too childish for me. Plus they would stick out like a sore thumb in my man cave.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

zitpig

I've got the grey and I'm perfectly happy. Never wanted the neons.

But anyway, Bayonetta 1&2 on Switch would be awesome (love both on my WiiU). Bayonetta 3 would be better still

zitpig

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

So Platinum may be teasing Bayonetta 1+2 remasters for Switch, the way this image is presented looks like the neon joy-cons.

Just like how they're ''teasing'' Bayonetta 3 for more than a year now?

Octane

skywake

Lethal wrote:

No way I can do those neon colors on my console. Look much too childish for me. Plus they would stick out like a sore thumb in my man cave.

Heaven forbid your toys look childish

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

erv

The neons are awesome. The grey is boring.

The yellow ones are great too, I love these colours. Let's see what the inevitable monster hunter themed ones do

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Grumblevolcano

I went for grey but really it's due to the fact neon was 2 different colours so the pair I really wanted (2 blue and/or 2 red) would've meant needing to buy the other neon pair as well and they are expensive. I mostly use the pro controller anyway so something like the green and purple Splatoon 2 pro controller would be a more meaningful purchase.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Translation: "The latest information of "Fire Emblem Musou(Warriors)" will be released this week. A new video ...! Is it? Please look forward to it."

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic