Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 11,541 to 11,560 of 70,011

NEStalgia

@Peek-a-boo First party titles are VERY thin until Fall, but there's a few releases that will fill in 2017 in a big way. Yooka Laylee is huge, and should be 2017, probably before fall, Bloodstained (confirmed for Switch now) should be 2017 (then again, it's Iga...),Sonic Mania (Spring). Disgaea, but that's so difficult and so niche....

Fall is when the catalog really explodes (Skyrim, FE Warriors, Mario Odyssey, Project Sonic, whatever 3rd parties come out of E3, etc.)

XC2, My HOPE is that they're localizing it simultaneously and don't have a big delay to release after japan. I found it interesting that "Untitled SMT" (aka SMTV) is now officially on the US Switch games page so it's quietly confirmed we ARE getting SMT (reason to own a switch right there...) we just don't know when (TBD I assume means 2018....or at least "maybe 2017, maybe 2018.")

NEStalgia

TuVictus

Wasn't bloodstained formally delayed to 2018? Maybe I'm thinking of another kickstarter

TuVictus

GameOtaku

This may be a tricky subject but in all honesty Nintendo is really slipping when it comes to meeting consumer demand. I work in a production environment and know what it's like to try to keep up with the customers demands, which is why we use a lot of automation (surely Nintendo has lots of it) so if they had had a proper plan in place to gauge customers interest there wouldn't be a shortage. In my area there hasn't been any new 3ds systems since November. I called 3 stores that were within 30 min of me and not one had any switches and they could not tell me when to expect a shipment to arrive. As soon as preorders were over and they produced those they should have already been building up more stock. I find it hard to believe they only have one place of production, probably at least a dozen if not more factories for their products. I don't recall Sony or Microsoft facing stock issues like Nintendo, even after the ps4 launch I could find them pretty much everywhere.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Sisilly_G

Grumblevolcano wrote:

MK8 Deluxe is getting more joke characters, Gold Mario is confirmed to be playable alongside the original MK8 joke characters Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach. Maybe Baby Waluigi is on the way soon!

Or Foetus Mario! Can't have enough Mario.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Seacliff

If ARMS came out in April, that would be great, but it's likely coming in May.

A little disappointing that Mario Kart 8D is the big title for April then, it's even coming really late into the month.

Seacliff

Grumblevolcano

@Seacliff Well I think Nintendo's logic is probably that people will still be playing BotW a lot in April. Unless you rush through the story, I could see BotW potentially having hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

@Grumblevolcano
Yea, that is definitely their thought pattern. I don't think they're too far off. I'm probably 20-30 hours in Zelda now, and I'm only on my second dungeon. Probably 30ish of the shrines. There's just SO MUCH to do with finding the Koroks, equipment upgrades, memories, etc. I played for 3 hours last night in portable and basically made it halfway up Death Mountain lol

rallydefault

FGPackers

Well i'm about at 20hrs and i: did not do any big dungeon, only 14 Shrines, no memories, still doing Necluda (East), just upgraded the Sheikah Slate at the researchers, did not beat any Guardian yet (my gear is still not good enough). So yeah, this game will take me really a lot of time to finish it. Maybe i'll still be playing it in the summer!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Octane

I'm almost done, taking a little break to play some Horizon, and I'll finish up the last dungeon and the remaining bits next week.

Octane

KirbyTheVampire

I'm gonna be really bummed when I finish Zelda. Not happening any time soon, but it's always kinda depressing to finish a game, especially a Zelda game, since they don't come very often. Oh well, at least I'll have Horizon and maybe Andromeda to play through. I still need to play Mass Effect 2 and Fallout 4, as well.

Super hyped for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. That game can't come soon enough.

KirbyTheVampire

IceClimbers

I probably won't be done with Zelda until Splatoon 2 rolls around lol.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FGPackers

IceClimbers wrote:

I probably won't be done with Zelda until Splatoon 2 rolls around lol.

Same here LOL. And the day i'll finish Zelda i'll be both happy and sad: happy because i'm sure it will make me fly over mountains, sad because it will finish sometime

FGPackers

Gswarrior

I can't believe how great the switch looks in handheld mode, Zelda is seriously awesome to have on the go in HD

Gswarrior

Ralizah

@Gswarrior Yeah, playing something like Zelda anywhere with almost no compromises made for the sake of portability is incredible. SO impressive.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers And then the Zelda DLC comes out

Seriously though, if that Hard mode is more like Master Quest than Hero Mode then 2017 may as well be called the Year of Link.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Captain_Toad

Watching The Nick Kids Choice Awards currently, The Switch is getting plenty of commercial visibility there. The KCA did a small segment of the Switch too.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Almighty-Koz

@Grumblevolcano if they are smart they release one big game a month, MK8d in april, Arms in hopefully early may, and i would love to see Splatoon 2 in may as well god Splatoon 2 is the main reason i wanted a switch i loved the first one so much hell its the reason i still play a WiiU

Almighty-Koz

FGPackers

So in the first days i wrote that i got some problems with joy-cons charging only in docked mode with system turned on and that joy-cons battery was draining even at system turned off. One evening i played Zelda in handheld mode, and then i putted the entire unit (system+joy-cons) in the dock. After that all is working properly. Joy-cons charged to the max during the night and now battery seems to be really durable! After playing Zelda on the TV with joy-cons attached to the base grip (not charging) for maybe 4 days joy-cons battery is still over half. Now that all seems good i'm loving this system even more!

FGPackers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic