Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 11,521 to 11,540 of 69,963

Peek-a-boo

rallydefault wrote:

Don't you dare insult Sony for charging big bucks for their VR tech, but go ahead and call the world's first major console/handheld hybrid overpriced at 300 bucks.

Not only are they two totally different things, but one is a console in its own right whereas the other is an optional accessory for those who are interested in experiencing virtual reality for a consumer-friendly price (in comparison to Oculus Rift and Vive).

I am not overly sure what point you're trying to make!

¯(ツ)/¯

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

TuVictus

Certainly a head scratcher lol

TuVictus

IceClimbers

@Whitewatermoose I don't think MK8 needs anymore information honestly.

I can see them doing a dedicated Direct for Arms. Splatoon 2... depends on the release date. If it's in June, then I'd expect more info before E3. If it's in late July or later, then we'll get more info at E3.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FGPackers

I think we will have to wait for E3 with Splatoon 2 launch date being in mid July

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Pazzo-TheFool

I would be fine with no Directs until after E3.

Save all the good stuff for later.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Peek-a-boo

@Whitewatermoose I'm not going to compile a 'dream list', but a realistic one.

April - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
May - ARMS and Ultra Street Fighter II
June or July - Splatoon 2
August or September - Fire Emblem Warriors (available in Japan only at first, and is on the 3DS too)
October or November - Super Mario Odyssey

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 shall be released in November or December, but only in Japan. The rest of the world in early 2018, seeing as you have all the localisation and translation bits and bobs to do beforehand.

I don't think it is that bad of a line-up. You have the odd exclusive indie games like BIT.TRIP Runner 3, as well as SteamWorld Dig 2 coming to the Nintendo Switch first.

Untitled

Suffice to say, I think the Nintendo Switch will be the new (portable) home for indie games, after the PS Vita has carried them all along in the past five years!

Just wish there was more of a third party presence, then things would be looking up.

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

I'm expecting ARMS in May, Splatoon 2 in August, Fire Emblem Warriors in September, Smash 4 port in October, Super Mario Odyssey in November and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 delayed to 2018.

The August timing for Splatoon 2 being so that there's only a small timeframe (e.g. 1 month) of which online is free for it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Pikmin 4 though..

No Pikmin, no Switch!

Octane

rallydefault

Peek-a-boo wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Don't you dare insult Sony for charging big bucks for their VR tech, but go ahead and call the world's first major console/handheld hybrid overpriced at 300 bucks.

Not only are they two totally different things, but one is a console in its own right whereas the other is an optional accessory for those who are interested in experiencing virtual reality for a consumer-friendly price (in comparison to Oculus Rift and Vive).

I am not overly sure what point you're trying to make!

¯(ツ)/¯

Thanks, that's cute, but you know exactly the point I'm making. The point is that other companies charge stupid amounts for their tech (don't care if it's an accessory or console) and get a pass. Nintendo, however, gets scrutinized until the cows come home if they release a controller for 5-10 bucks more than the competition, or a brand-new home/portable console at 300.

I know that's a difficult concept to grasp. Sorry to confuse you.

rallydefault

Peek-a-boo

@rallydefault It wasn't a difficult or confusing concept for me to grasp at all!

One is a console, one is an optional accessory.

The fact that you felt compelled to change your tune by adding "I don't care if it's an accessory or not" speaks volumes. I also wasn't the only person who raised an eyebrow at your strange comparison on the previous page either.

I do, however, agree that Nintendo isn't the only company who charge more for their accessories.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

MK8 Deluxe is getting more joke characters, Gold Mario is confirmed to be playable alongside the original MK8 joke characters Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach. Maybe Baby Waluigi is on the way soon!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OorWullie

I read earlier on Push Square that Steep will be free to play for 1 weekend,the whole game can be accessed I think.Then once the free play period is over,there will be a 50% discount on it.The Switch version looks to still be a good few months off yet so surely Ubisoft won't try to sell us the Switch edition as a full price title? (of course they will)

It seems to be a good game too and the foundations are there for it to be a great one but from what I've read it's sold really poorly.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Octane

@OorWullie I think the December release and lack of advertisement explain the poor sales. Shame, because it actually looked decent for a sports game.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

@OorWullie I think the constant online requirement put a few people off. I know it pushed me to buy Mark McMorris Infinite Air instead. I may get the switch version just because it is portable snowboarding BUT if they keep the online requirement I likely won't.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

I think the constant online requirement put a few people off.

Completely forgot about that. I can understand why people didn't bother with this game in that case.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

@Octane I complained about it and said it would have an effect on sales and hilariously enough when I moved I had issues getting internet set up (Yay Centurylink). I would have had a lovely coaster otherwise. Skipped For Honor for the same reason (I was jonesing HARD for that game too, oh well) but Ubi can't punish all of us for their poor DRM methods (I don't mind DRM but there is a good way and a BAD way to do it. Ubi is almost consistently BAD..ACII saves anyone?).

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Peek-a-boo

I'm surprised that very mild swearwords are outright frowned upon on this forum, whereas The Sun and its regurgitated 'articles' can roam freely.

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic