Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 11,561 to 11,580 of 69,954

Honelith

Spawn Wave did a Switch console temperature test and it was interesting. Playing BotW in handheld, the temp wouldn't go over 41C, playing BotW in docked mode it wouldn't go over 46C. He played FAST RMX in docked mode and it stayed at 49C. He had to leave the metal shield off while doing the test so the temps could have been cooler also.

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

JaxonH

Untitledpost image online

Playing Zelda at work on a lazy Sunday...

Gotta love it

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

@JaxonH Are you working on a real life Millennium Falcon?

Octane

KirbyTheVampire

Octane wrote:

I noticed that too lol, looks like Jaxon is actually Harrison Ford.

KirbyTheVampire

JaxonH

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

Octane wrote:

I noticed that too lol, looks like Jaxon is actually Harrison Ford.

Ha! 😁 Funny you should say that. My co-worker calls that part the Millenial Falcon lol. We have nick names for parts (the Alligator, the Millenial Falcon, the Starfish, etc).

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

My partner didnt like me buying Switch. Now she cant stop playing Zelda and says I need Skyrim.

That went well

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

@Almighty-Koz I think Nintendo probably believes they can still get away with a summer game drought and using updates and DLC for that time period instead hence why I was thinking Splatoon 2 in August with nothing for June and July. It would put the focus on ARMS rather than that game being forgotten about. Splatoon in late May 2015 followed by Super Mario Maker in early September 2015 was helpful in making the game such a big hit. Sure Europe and Japan got Yoshi's Woolly World in between those 2 games (Europe late June, Japan mid July) but for America that game came out in October.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Joeynator3000

watches Markiplier's newest video
I really hope Oxygen Not Included heads to the Switch...no idea what to do with this one. I want to play it but not only is it in early alpha but it's currently PC only.

Do you guys know how long it'll take it? I know it'll happen eventually since the Wii U got Don't Starve (the dev's last game), so....

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault That's spring, a summer game drought would be no new 1st party games in most of June, July and August.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Almighty-Koz

@Grumblevolcano yea im not convinced only cause the global testfire coming up, if memory serves me correct the last one they had for a game the game was about 2 months out. The other thought is i dont think nintendo has enough coming out to keep thier fiscal q1 cushioned, they had a pretty bad q4 which ends on the 31st its the reason i fully believe why we got the switch and zelda now vs waiting for the more traditional launch window, it was to bad thier fiscal quarterly earnings. april 1st starts thier fiscal year, and i fully believe we will see a release in may for splatoon 2 maybe early june which fits thier "summer" window and gives them a major release thats a known ip in that quarter. they may however take a wait and see aproach on how Arms does, if it does will that could push splatoon back a little. just my theory from following gaming for the last 30 years from outside the industry so i could be completely wrong hell this is nintendo who wont release a game normally if its not done.

Almighty-Koz

Azooooz

@SLIGEACH_EIRE As soon as I saw eurogamer name, I definitively didn't bother clicking the link. I applause them for their objective Switch review, but they're somewhat unreliable.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Azooooz

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Then this case should apply to 3DS cartridges as well, no?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

KirbyTheVampire

I don't think it's cartridges. I think people are just increasing the price on purpose because there's barely any games to play right now. Even if the cartridges put the cost up a bit, no way it justifies a Bomberman game costing 50 USD, or RiME costing a third more expensive on the Switch than on other systems.

KirbyTheVampire

mav-i-am

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

I don't think it's cartridges. I think people are just increasing the price on purpose because there's barely any games to play right now. Even if the cartridges put the cost up a bit, no way it justifies a Bomberman game costing 50 USD, or RiME costing a third more expensive on the Switch than on other systems.

this.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@SLIGEACH_EIRE That's a pretty awful news article. It cites no sources, has no comment from Nintendo, and queries only vaguely "cartridges cost more" without citing any figures or references, and doesn't cite how they arrived at that conclusion where many have noted carts are actually cheaper as BD pressing is actually fairly expensive. It's not like CDs.

Like @Azooooz said, those same costs would apply to 3DS, DS, GBA, GB as well. N64 was the last expensive cartridge but those, like SNES were actually daughterboards, not flash cartridges.

I think Tequila is foisting the image of their own development costs on Nintendo instead of simply being honest. They didn't make their own port for Switch, they hired a third party company. Not only did they hire a third party company, but they hired one that Nintendo itself hired for one of it's AAA ports. That kind of premium service doesn't come for free. That had to be quite expensive. As such the Switch port cost them a lot more to make. It has little to do with a cartridge, or they'd just have skipped physical entirely and said "no physical on Switch because of price." Frozenbyte is managing physical at a lower cost for a smaller game that Nintendo has highlighted way more. Puyo is being priced as a "3DS physical game" from a major publisher (Sega, not Koch in the US.) That part is just gouging because it's a new new console and they can.

Tequila did a good job in paying a premium company to do their port for Switch...they could have bought a lot of good faith with Nintendo customers with that move if they were just open about their costs instead of hiding them. There's no blame on cartridges versus BD. The costs of manufacturing are indeed high, but that includes cases, warehousing, distribution, sales agreements, etc. etc that are the same for BD and cart. If the cart costs more we're talking PENNIES more. At absolute very, horrible worst we're talking a $2 difference, but that's almost unthinkable...it's probably a $0.20-$0.80 difference or so at worst. On a scale of millions that's a lot. Not at this scale. Thse companies are charging $10 across physical and digital to "account for the costs" that are from best to worst between $.20-$2, for only half their sell-through.

NEStalgia

Joeynator3000

....So no one knows about Oxygen Not Included then?...Oki. :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic