Forums

Topic: We don`t need EA on Switch !!!

Posts 161 to 180 of 224

kkslider5552000

The last Ghost Recon game alone invalidates your entire point, lmao (and I say this as someone who likes a good chunk of Ubsoft games, and considers 2 of them to be among my favorite games)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

brickofthewild wrote:

I dont buy any ea or ubi games - kingdom battle notwithstanding. And I actually dont care if those two companies live or die. But more games are always agood thing - its up to the consumer to decide what to buy or not. If people wouldnt buy stupid games we wouldnt see them anymore.

The Sims games from EA are NOT stupid games, you know.
I Love that games.
I Like to Design my own house, create my own peoples, shape the neighbors, etc.
I can spent tons of hours to think about New House design.

And for Ubisoft games, did you mean also insult Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Switch as a Bad game ?!

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Harmonie wrote:

@Nintendoforlife I do acknowledge they exist. However, I think PC is the best platform for the series by and far. Even when they've made the game more like the PC version (The Sims 4 is a bad game, anyway. It's already so watered down compared to the past TS games), the lack of ability to mod and have custom content makes it less exciting for me. Mods are pretty much necessary for The Sims games.

For me, Even WITHOUT Mods, The Sims games + All Expansion Packs are already Exceeding my expectation.
I'm okay with The Sims 4 console WITHOUT Mods or Custom Contents and So What ?
I can tell The Sims 4 + Get to Work = The Sims 2 Open Business in HD.
At least i can experience somewhat like that.
You said The Sims 4 = Bad games, fine, that's your opinion.
But my Opinion is Contrary with yours.
I say The Sims 4 = Pretty Good Sims games despite of some flaws.
Your opinion will NOT Discourage me to buy and play The Sims 4 PS4 version.

Anti-Matter

SKTTR

The Sims started out with a great formula and as an isometric 2D game on PC, and they enhanced it to a full 3D game when they ported it to the consoles of that era (Gamecube, Xbox, and PS2). They even added a local splitscreen 2p co-op mode. The 3 Nintendo Gamecube Sims games were especially of great quality.

They could have go on with these games for hundreds of generations by just adding more furniture and wallpapers each gen and upgrading the graphics, you know what I mean? ..and they'd always have a multimillion seller on their hands.

If they can port a good Switch version with everything included I might pick it up day one. Other games in EA's catalog wouldn't excite me as much.

I mean I was very interested in Mass Effect 3 Special Edition when it appeared on Wii U, but when I heard the other consoles got the trilogy they lost me.
I was also interested in Need For Speed Most Wanted U on Wii U. Then a friend got it and had it freezing several times. Also, no multiplayer was disappointing enough to put me off.

The last EA games I bought and really enjoyed: The Godfather - Blackhand Edition on Wii and Dead Space Extraction on Wii.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Anti-Matter

@SKTTR
When i played My Sims Wii, i thought it would be awesome as The Sims games, but i was Wrong.
My Sims was so Cute, the gameplay could be as same level as The Sims, But....My Sims Wii doesn't have Needs (Hunger, Energy, Bladder, Hygiene, Social, Fun), Non Useful Usable furnitures (That means, all furnitures don't have effect if i use it, same like Animal Crossing games), Nothing to but Two Things : Collect Essences and Build Wacky furnitures.
My Sims games were soooo.... Mediocre despite of its cuteness.

If only My Sims revived on Switch with Proper gameplay (My Sims figurines also featured in The Sims 4 as well, i'm so envy to see that), it could be as Wonderful as Combination of Animal Crossing + Dragon Quest Builder / Portal Knights + Bokujou Monogatari series, can you imagine if you can have A Lot of Townie Sims shaped in neighbors, Beautiful Open World style with different natures, Growing crops + Gardening + Open Business + Fishing + Cooking + Crafting + Building houses + Terraforming + Mini games, Sims still have needs so you better watch out their Needs ?

If EA can make that games happen, with help from Japanese developers (Like Nintendo / Square Enix) , i believe that games could be Wonderful.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Lethal

MsJubilee wrote:

The Crew a good game. LMAO

Had a blast playing The Crew. It was not perfect, but it sure wasn't bad.

Are you saying Ubisoft makes bad games because of that one game you laughed at?

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

MsJubilee

@Lethal When did i bring up Ubisoft? I just laughed at your comment cause you actually think The Crew was a good game. What? You like mediocre garbage? Also just cause you had fun doesn't mean the game is great. I had fun with The Division. Doesn't mean it's a good game.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

brickofthewild

Anti-Matter wrote:

brickofthewild wrote:

I dont buy any ea or ubi games - kingdom battle notwithstanding. And I actually dont care if those two companies live or die. But more games are always agood thing - its up to the consumer to decide what to buy or not. If people wouldnt buy stupid games we wouldnt see them anymore.

I Love that games.

And for Ubisoft games, did you mean also insult Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Switch as a Bad game ?!

Didnt any particular game by ubi or ea. Just bad games in general which apparently must find an audience. Just look at what kind of games were released for the wii.

brickofthewild

brickofthewild

Lethal wrote:

brickofthewild wrote:

UBISOFT makes some really good games though.
Assassins Creed Origins
Far Cry
The Crew
The Division
South Park
Ghost Recon

Well south park is actually by obsidian if I am not mistaken

Not saying they dont make good games per se - its all pretty subjective.
I dont like the following things and thats why I dont buy their stuff:

1. If a game sells well they bring out a sequel every year.
2. Their games are just reiterations of what they had done last year with
3. Their characters seem either boring or unlikable to me - definitely not memorable - do you remember any ghost recon characters by their name?
4. Their games are rumoured to contain lots of bugs - probably because they have some cash-in deadlines
5. Their games seem generally boring.

Truth be told I might be wrong about their games since I dont play them. Rabbids kingdom is an exception which has almost swayed my opinion. A game that I was interested in for the last couple of years was shadow wars but I didnt buy it because it was from ubi. So I gave it a chance - well, I sold it after playing it a couple of hours. The characters were bland and boring, gameplay not fantastic. To me their games just lack soul.
Take rockstar, they dont bring out game every year - not saying I am a huge fan - but I guess if they brought rdr2 on switch I would buy it day one.

brickofthewild

Bolt_Strike

We don't need EA in the industry period.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

link3710

@brickofthewild Points at Mario and Rabbids, Rayman Legends, Far Cry: Blood Dragon, Child of Light and From Dust. Admittedly Ubisoft's big titles outside of Assassin's Creed don't appeal to me, but they do have games that don't follow the generally boring AAA trend you seem to dislike about them. Rayman Legends is notably as bug free as a Nintendo title typically is as far as I've seen as well, at least since firmware 4.0 hit for the Rayman Legends version. That's on Nintendo not Ubisoft though. Anyways, point is they are a diverse company that still puts out wonderful titles, even if their 'big' ones are all samey. Not quite the same boat as EA.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

darkfenrir

Also putting my 2cents in about the consoles not supported by EA tend to be dead...

isn't it more likely that EA only supports the console if it looks to be amazing seller instead of the other way? (so that the console can survive on its own already instead of them making/breaking the console)

darkfenrir

Anti-Matter

brickofthewild wrote:

Anti-Matter wrote:

brickofthewild wrote:

I Love that games.

Didnt any particular game by ubi or ea. Just bad games in general which apparently must find an audience. Just look at what kind of games were released for the wii.

I have :
1. My Sims Wii & NDS
2. My Sims Kingdom Wii & NDS
3. My Sims Party NDS
4. My Sims Racing Wii
5. My Sims Agents NDS
6. The Sims Bustin' Out Gamecube
7. The Sims 2 Pets Wii
8. The Sims 3 Pets 3DS
Will buy The Sims 4 PS4 version.
Those games are pretty Decent for me.
Not really good, i admit, but Not really Bad actually. Just Mediocre, Acceptable Mediocre. I still consider to buy their games if the gameplay quality are Decent enough.
Only The Sims Bustin' Out and The Sims 4 are Pretty Good for me.

Anti-Matter

brickofthewild

link3710 wrote:

@brickofthewild Points at Mario and Rabbids, Rayman Legends, Far Cry: Blood Dragon, Child of Light and From Dust. Admittedly Ubisoft's big titles outside of Assassin's Creed don't appeal to me, but they do have games that don't follow the generally boring AAA trend you seem to dislike about them. Rayman Legends is notably as bug free as a Nintendo title typically is as far as I've seen as well, at least since firmware 4.0 hit for the Rayman Legends version. That's on Nintendo not Ubisoft though. Anyways, point is they are a diverse company that still puts out wonderful titles, even if their 'big' ones are all samey. Not quite the same boat as EA.

I think I might be biased. Still, I dont really think I will ever be able to play through my whole backlog of games - time is rare when you go to work and have other things on your mind. So nintendo and a couple of other companies bring out so many games that I am good and have basically no need for ubi or ea. Besides, money is also an issue - I just cant buy each and every game and nintendo has the most appealing ones for me and I rather buy those. I dont even buy skyrim. Botw and xenoblade occupy so much time that I cant dive into every open world there is.

brickofthewild

premko1

@darkfenrir Ea just looking for the consoles that are always 100% online (unlike,thank god, Switch) like XO or PS4 so they can milk U by mtx.

my Switch fc: SW-6145-9649-2985
my 3ds friend code:1564-4008-8780
SuperMarioRun: 7635-1072-9440
AC PocketCamp: 6892-7280-610

darkfenrir

premko1 wrote:

@darkfenrir Ea just looking for the consoles that are always 100% online (unlike,thank god, Switch) like XO or PS4 so they can milk U by mtx.

I don't think even those consoles are always online (although I probs is wrong considering I never touched those consoles), but even if they are always online, how that even work in 'milking' someone...?

darkfenrir

Anti-Matter

I found something interesting about EA logo.
Untitled
Untitled
Someone using EA logo for Supermarket products in my place !!

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter You get the box for 59.99$ and then every tomato separately (one by one) in there for 29.99$ except the bigger ones that cost 39.99$.

Seems like a nice EA deal just like their current games

Edited on by Zuljaras

OorWullie

@Whitewatermoose I'm not sure if they needed to money hat Rocket League. Nintendo may well have approached Psyonix first but I doubt they needed much convincing. They'll have saw the potential for it to be a huge hit on Switch and going by its position on the Eshop charts,they were right . Remember Psyonix were just a small indie dev who hit the big time with one game. Now they have their big hit, it makes sense for them to want that game on as much systems as possible. I won't be surprised if it turns out to be the most downloaded title on the Eshop at the end of the Switch's life.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

SKTTR

Nintendo sells cornflakes, EA sells tomatoes. It's only normal.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.