Forums

Topic: We don`t need EA on Switch !!!

Posts 181 to 200 of 236

darkfenrir

Also putting my 2cents in about the consoles not supported by EA tend to be dead...

isn't it more likely that EA only supports the console if it looks to be amazing seller instead of the other way? (so that the console can survive on its own already instead of them making/breaking the console)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338 | 3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

Anti-Matter

brickofthewild wrote:

Anti-Matter wrote:

brickofthewild wrote:

I dont buy any ea or ubi games - kingdom battle notwithstanding. And I actually dont care if those two companies live or die. But more games are always agood thing - its up to the consumer to decide what to buy or not. If people wouldnt buy stupid games we wouldnt see them anymore.

The Sims games from EA are NOT stupid games, you know.
I Love that games.
I Like to Design my own house, create my own peoples, shape the neighbors, etc.
I can spent tons of hours to think about New House design.

And for Ubisoft games, did you mean also insult Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Switch as a Bad game ?!

Didnt any particular game by ubi or ea. Just bad games in general which apparently must find an audience. Just look at what kind of games were released for the wii.

I have :
1. My Sims Wii & NDS
2. My Sims Kingdom Wii & NDS
3. My Sims Party NDS
4. My Sims Racing Wii
5. My Sims Agents NDS
6. The Sims Bustin' Out Gamecube
7. The Sims 2 Pets Wii
8. The Sims 3 Pets 3DS
Will buy The Sims 4 PS4 version.
Those games are pretty Decent for me.
Not really good, i admit, but Not really Bad actually. Just Mediocre, Acceptable Mediocre. I still consider to buy their games if the gameplay quality are Decent enough.
Only The Sims Bustin' Out and The Sims 4 are Pretty Good for me.

Anti-Matter

brickofthewild

link3710 wrote:

@brickofthewild Points at Mario and Rabbids, Rayman Legends, Far Cry: Blood Dragon, Child of Light and From Dust. Admittedly Ubisoft's big titles outside of Assassin's Creed don't appeal to me, but they do have games that don't follow the generally boring AAA trend you seem to dislike about them. Rayman Legends is notably as bug free as a Nintendo title typically is as far as I've seen as well, at least since firmware 4.0 hit for the Rayman Legends version. That's on Nintendo not Ubisoft though. Anyways, point is they are a diverse company that still puts out wonderful titles, even if their 'big' ones are all samey. Not quite the same boat as EA.

I think I might be biased. Still, I dont really think I will ever be able to play through my whole backlog of games - time is rare when you go to work and have other things on your mind. So nintendo and a couple of other companies bring out so many games that I am good and have basically no need for ubi or ea. Besides, money is also an issue - I just cant buy each and every game and nintendo has the most appealing ones for me and I rather buy those. I dont even buy skyrim. Botw and xenoblade occupy so much time that I cant dive into every open world there is.

brickofthewild

premko1

@darkfenrir Ea just looking for the consoles that are always 100% online (unlike,thank god, Switch) like XO or PS4 so they can milk U by mtx.

my Switch fc: SW-6145-9649-2985
my 3ds friend code:1564-4008-8780
SuperMarioRun: 7635-1072-9440
AC PocketCamp: 6892-7280-610

darkfenrir

premko1 wrote:

@darkfenrir Ea just looking for the consoles that are always 100% online (unlike,thank god, Switch) like XO or PS4 so they can milk U by mtx.

I don't think even those consoles are always online (although I probs is wrong considering I never touched those consoles), but even if they are always online, how that even work in 'milking' someone...?

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338 | 3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

Anti-Matter

I found something interesting about EA logo.
Untitled
Untitled
Someone using EA logo for Supermarket products in my place !!

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter You get the box for 59.99$ and then every tomato separately (one by one) in there for 29.99$ except the bigger ones that cost 39.99$.

Seems like a nice EA deal just like their current games

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

Whitewatermoose

This is a Xross post.

"Needs" is a funny word. But if Nintendo's objective is to sell units like PS4, then yes it does "need" an american football game (Madden) and a decent FPS (COD) for the masses.

I personally think getting Overwatch, and prior to the EA loot box fiasco, Battlefront 2 would have been bigger priorities for Nintendo, as it fits with their family friendly image better than COD.

I'm not a fanboy of any system. I'm looking at it strictly from a dollar and cents standpoint. I honestly don't care if Apple buys Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo and turns them into iOS game makers. But I don't think that would happen, and I don't think that would be good for all gamers. Strictly speaking from a financial standpoint as return on investment, yes, Nintendo needs to show that it has the "staple games" that all systems get. Hopefully they do.

EVERY Nintendo home system since SNES has had Madden on it. EVERY handheld since Gameboy Advance has had Madden on it. So it stands to reason, it needs a version of Madden. Gaming is better with Nintendo in it and doing well, and having Madden and COD helps Nintendo push it's own content to a wider audience.

Whitewatermoose

Nintendo Network ID: whitewatermoose

Whitewatermoose

BTW, I have played both NBA 2k and Fifa on Switch. EA did do the better job overall, even looking at the whole "online not playing with friends thing". 2k did good with what they had, but the design choices with the micro transactions kill it.

Make no mistake, Nintendo money hatted NBA 2k, Fifa, WWE, Skyrim, Doom, and Rocket League to be on Switch. Those companies wanted nothing to do with Nintendo. Nintendo has to earn back the trust of 3rd parties. I suspect Nintendo will money hat Madden for 2018 on Switch. That is the correct call by Nintendo, if these "bigger and mainstream" 3rd party titles won't coming willingly, money hat them.

Edited on by Whitewatermoose

Whitewatermoose

Nintendo Network ID: whitewatermoose

OorWullie

@Whitewatermoose I'm not sure if they needed to money hat Rocket League. Nintendo may well have approached Psyonix first but I doubt they needed much convincing. They'll have saw the potential for it to be a huge hit on Switch and going by its position on the Eshop charts,they were right . Remember Psyonix were just a small indie dev who hit the big time with one game. Now they have their big hit, it makes sense for them to want that game on as much systems as possible. I won't be surprised if it turns out to be the most downloaded title on the Eshop at the end of the Switch's life.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

SKTTR

Nintendo sells cornflakes, EA sells tomatoes. It's only normal.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Kirby-in-Kirkby

EA haven't come up with an original thought in gaming since about 1992.

Not not having them on Switch would be no biggy.

Kirby-in-Kirkby

OorWullie

@Kirby-in-Kirkby Boom-Blox on Wii was a good game and certainly an original idea, especially for its time. It was developed in conjunction with Steven Spielberg. The sequel was great too.

Their motion controlled sports games on Wii were superb,especially once motion+ arrived. Grandslam Tennis and Tiger Woods 09/10 are 2 of the finest sports games I've ever played. They absolutely nailed the motion controls in those. I'd love to see them bring those back with Switch.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

Anti-Matter

SKTTR wrote:

Nintendo sells cornflakes, EA sells tomatoes. It's only normal.

LOL
Actually someone in my place Indonesia, used that EA logo on Hydrophonic Tomatoes product. Not official, i dunno what was going on but kinda funny to see like that.

Anti-Matter

premko1

@darkfenrir It`s far easier to milk someone when console is always online.

premko1

@OorWullie Everyone, that really thinks shouldn`t defend ea. Play their games, but don`t buy anything new.

premko1

@Whitewatermoose It`s better to play those mainstream games on XO or PS4 - that`s what they for.

Aviator

Yes you do.

/thread

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Rusted_Gold

We do need EA on the Switch, they bring to much to the table and if the Switch does better by having EA other devs are more likely to put their games for the Switch

I am just hoping that EA will learn from the back-lash, I'm not personally going to be going out of my way to buy their games until the dust settles and I see where they are going as a company. I also believe in the power of voting with your wallet, and as long as people continue to pay EA for Micro-Transactions, EA will continue to use Micro-Transactions simple as that.

In the past when game devs have done things I don't agree with but I still find my self wanting to play their games but not wanting to support them in their dumb decisions, I just buy the games from a second hand seller, like used at game stop ebay or amazon, that way I get the game without pirating, and without EA or what ever game developer at the time getting my money directly.

Rusted_Gold

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic