Forums

Topic: We don`t need EA on Switch !!!

Posts 181 to 200 of 224

Electric-Dreams

EA haven't come up with an original thought in gaming since about 1992.

Not not having them on Switch would be no biggy.

Electric-Dreams

OorWullie

@Kirby-in-Kirkby Boom-Blox on Wii was a good game and certainly an original idea, especially for its time. It was developed in conjunction with Steven Spielberg. The sequel was great too.

Their motion controlled sports games on Wii were superb,especially once motion+ arrived. Grandslam Tennis and Tiger Woods 09/10 are 2 of the finest sports games I've ever played. They absolutely nailed the motion controls in those. I'd love to see them bring those back with Switch.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Anti-Matter

SKTTR wrote:

Nintendo sells cornflakes, EA sells tomatoes. It's only normal.

LOL
Actually someone in my place Indonesia, used that EA logo on Hydrophonic Tomatoes product. Not official, i dunno what was going on but kinda funny to see like that.

Anti-Matter

premko1

@darkfenrir It`s far easier to milk someone when console is always online.

my Switch fc: SW-6145-9649-2985
my 3ds friend code:1564-4008-8780
SuperMarioRun: 7635-1072-9440
AC PocketCamp: 6892-7280-610

premko1

@OorWullie Everyone, that really thinks shouldn`t defend ea. Play their games, but don`t buy anything new.

premko1

@Whitewatermoose It`s better to play those mainstream games on XO or PS4 - that`s what they for.

Aviator

Yes you do.

/thread

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Rusted_Gold

We do need EA on the Switch, they bring to much to the table and if the Switch does better by having EA other devs are more likely to put their games for the Switch

I am just hoping that EA will learn from the back-lash, I'm not personally going to be going out of my way to buy their games until the dust settles and I see where they are going as a company. I also believe in the power of voting with your wallet, and as long as people continue to pay EA for Micro-Transactions, EA will continue to use Micro-Transactions simple as that.

In the past when game devs have done things I don't agree with but I still find my self wanting to play their games but not wanting to support them in their dumb decisions, I just buy the games from a second hand seller, like used at game stop ebay or amazon, that way I get the game without pirating, and without EA or what ever game developer at the time getting my money directly.

Rusted_Gold

Matt_Barber

I play EA games on my PC and on my phone and I don't see why I wouldn't also want to have at least some of those on my Switch.

That doesn't mean that I endorse all of EA's practices though. In particular, they've never had a cent from me in microtransactions, nor are they ever likely to.

Matt_Barber

Anti-Matter

@premko1
" It`s better to play those mainstream games on XO or PS4 - that`s what they for."

Me prefer EA games , The Sims 4 on Switch. Not on ps4 / Xbox 1. Power doesn't matter for me.

Anti-Matter

premko1

@Anti-Matter its not power - its "always online" aspect

NEStalgia

@darkfenrir You're not wrong. Look at the reviews for Gran Turismo Sport for PS4. Mostly 1-2 star reviews, and the reviews (and even critics) are all very upset about the game's always online requirements (you can "play" single player but it won't actually save offline.) And of course the X1 audience flipped the table and abandoned the brand after the "always online" and "just deal with it" launch. There's definitely a chunk of players on both platforms that do NOT want to be always online.

@Rusted_Gold I think EA has built their audience, and they've built it along the fringes of their mobile audience that is used to microtransactions. Their vision of console gaming is "a really pretty mobile game with button inputs". At some point I think it has to be acceptable that that audience is not our audience and the two don't need each other as they are separate ecosystems. In EA's case we get confused because we remember EA in a different era with normal games.....they seem like they want to shed that history now.

NEStalgia

Rusted_Gold

@NEStalgia

While most of EA's current games are loaded with Micro-Transactions, that's not all of their games, EA is a publisher and some of the companies under EA still try to make good stuff, they just happen to be owned by the devil.

I do not like EA as a whole, but having EA on the Switch still brings to much to the table, one example being their monopoly on the sports genre, I hate realistic sport games and have I never played a Madden game for more then 5 minutes, But Madden alone would still bring people to the Switch, and since no other company has access to my knowledge at least, other then EA having the rights to actually use Current NFL Players and teams, Madden is all we got for realistic football and losing that for the Switch is not good.

And like I said earlier if you don't like a company don't support them I will still be going out of my way to avoid buying EA games for the time being, but losing EA support entirely on the Switch is, and I hate to say it but more bad then good, right now.

Rusted_Gold

SuperWeird

I want EA UFC 2 on Switch. That's the only EA game I care about, and I play it all the time on my One X. It's not gonna happen, but I would certainly buy it again if it did.

SuperWeird

SKTTR

If EA brings out 'Fe' on retail that will be one game I'm gonna buy.
I like Zoink Games and it doesn't matter to me who's the publisher.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Rusted_Gold

@SKTTR

Exactly my point EA is an awful publisher, but they have to many good developers under there control that we need on the switch

Rusted_Gold

Matt_Barber

I'd like to see Sea of Solitude announced for Switch. That's a promising looking game and they've not finalized the platform list.

A Way Out and Anthem are the other upcoming EA games that interest me, but there would doubtless be performance issues to overcome especially with the latter using Frostbite.

Matt_Barber

LuckyLand

No EA mainstream game would bring anybody to the Switch because those people already have plenty of choices to play their games and have no interest in playing them on a Nintendo console. If one buy a Nintendo console is because of Nintendo games not because of EA games. Same goes for other companies. I'm extremely excited to have Skyrim on Switch but I would have bought Switch anyway even without Skyrim. And I won't have bought it if I was not interested in Nintendo games even if there was Skyrim.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Razer

This is a double edged sword.

I don't like EA but the European market is huge on sports games, crap Fifa are sold in their truck loads here, if EA nailed Fifa on the switch (which they didn't), it would have sold over a mill more units by now in Europe alone. Then you have games like Mass Effect, Burnout, Battlefield and The Sims that all do well here too, ignore the European market and you'll lose to your competitors every time.

I want Nintendo to do well, i want them to make huge profits and dominate the gaming market as this is their place but they wont do that without a huge publisher like EA on board, if you want to do well in Europe you need racing games fighting games sports games and FPS games, games that EA have a lot of, EA games sell very well here and continue to sell well, if you want to do well in Europe then you need EA.

Open worlds RPGs dont work here (i love em though), sure they sell but compare Skyrims European sales to that years Fifa sales and you'll realize what i actually mean (Skyrim sold 2.2m Fifa 12 sold 2.8m -). Mario games will lose to trash like COD every single time without fail here in Europe.

Those rubbish big named publishers like Activision or EA are unfortunately needed if you want to succeed in Europe (I'm from the UK).

Edited on by Razer

Razer

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.