Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch? More like the Nintendo Port U.

Posts 101 to 120 of 252

redd214

As one of the millions who skipped the Wii u I am excited about the best games getting ported. I've been very close to pulling the trigger on a wii u several times over the last few years and am happy that I won't have to now. I can totally understand why wii u owners can feel a bit burned but it is what it is.

redd214

WebHead

For me it’s nothing to do with being burned. I just want more new stuff. I’m buying a switch for full priced ports.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

JaxonH

@Shellcore
Understood.

However, I can only respect criticism that's unbiased. And when I read posts completely disregarding a dozen new games, focusing the argument on ported games which is completely irrelevant to the new games... I see bias.

People who have a predisposition to dissatisfaction and, whether they realize it or not, are ignoring the very games they complain about not having, and then categorically dismiss ALL ported games like a dirty word, granting them no value whatsoever.

So I came into this thread and responded to the biased complaints, and made it clear that if you're not satisfied (And I mean TRULY not satisfied) then don't just endlessly talk about it, be about it. Put your money where your mouth is. Cause when I see people repeatedly complaining about how horrible it is, repeatedly threatening to sell their system or tout how the system isn't for them... But not actually doing anything about it, it's a clear sign their talk and their beliefs misalign. Rather than tell everyone else how horrible it is and how you don't think Switch is for you, let actions speak louder than words.

I'll respect someone who actually sells their system. I won't respect those who endlessly complain and threaten to do so but never actually do. Just as I don't respect people who complain about lack of new games after JUST getting a brand new Smash game announced, or people who complain about ports who secretly buy some of them, or complain about ports in the same breath they complain about lack of VC which is games ported a trillion times.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

Then buying a Nintendo platform was a mistake. This is the way it has been for generations of hardware. Honestly I am amazed you assumed it would be better after the Wii U!

You already own a system that has over 50% market share. You need nothing else. Youll get the most games at the best quality.

At no point will you be on the "afterthought" system as I call it. Thats the reality of being on a Nintendo platform. There will be new things BUT they will be late ports.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

WebHead wrote:

Also sorry but people are allowed to be disappointed. Switch isn’t excused from criticism.

This needs to be pasted in every thread.

TuVictus

WebHead

WebHead wrote:

For me it’s nothing to do with being burned. I just want more new stuff. I’m buying a switch for full priced ports.

I don’t have a switch

WebHead

Grumblevolcano

@Shellcore I was using that to show why I'm not too surprised we didn't see Fire Emblem, Yoshi, etc. not necessarily that there's lots of new games coming in the rest of 2018. I could see August-December being something like this for example:
August - Yoshi
September - Smash
October - Fire Emblem
November - Unannounced game, Pokemon if it's a 2018 game

With a bunch of extra Wii U ports like 3D World, Mario Maker (if not the unannounced game), Wonderful 101 and XCX mixed in.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@MisterPi Well yeah...thats the truth. Now replace Switch with PS4 and put it on PushSquare and see how well it goes XD

ieatdragonz

I am a Wii U owner, but that doesnt mean I had all the games. From the ports so far I had Mario Kart 8 (but no DLC hence why I upgraded), Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and Captain Toad. Interest with the Wii U for me was so low I didn't buy games like Bayonetta 1+2, Hyrule Warriors, or Pokken. With the Switch I get a second chance because I can now play them portable, have them run better, and have additional content. Sometimes I wont take the second chance (like with Pokken) but thats fine! At least the choice is there.

Sure I can just buy the games on Wii U second hand, but that feels wrong, knowing theres a better version coming and just sulking back to save some money. The devs deserve to give their games a second chance, so why shouldn't consumers?

Plus imo they could be a lot worse with Wii U ports. 3D World, NSMBU, Wonderful 101, Yoshi's Wooly World, Kirby Rainbow Curse, etc.

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

skywake

WebHead wrote:

Sorry but my mind isn’t going to change on the direct. There could have and should have been more new stuff, but they chose not to. We should not have to wait until E3.

This is how Directs have always worked. They don't reveal everything at once, they have a hype cycle that they try to maintain. The Directs early in the year are about two things. They talk about the stuff that's going to release before or near E3 and they tease content for later in the year that they're going to show of at E3. And that's what we got.

This is the entire list of games in that direct with launch dates after July:

• Wario Ware Gold
  • Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
  • Undertale
  • Smash Bros

This wasn't about the second half of the year, that's why they weren't showing those games. Of all the games shown in that direct the only ones they'll likely want to talk about are these 6. And I doubt they'll be focusing on the 3DS at E3. If this Direct had talked about everything it would have gone for an hour and E3 would've been very underwhelming.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Haruki_NLI

Interesting to see how they substituted touch controls in Captain Toad for what seems to be a gyto pointer when docked.

Gaisaph

Well if it helps there's not much WiiU games left to be ported so maybe once that is done, maybe there'll be more development of new games? Granted Nintendo could still put older gen games to the Switch like The Last Story but I don't think it'll be as much ports as the WiiU games library

Oh and with the exception of other Game Developers that isn't Nintendo

Edited on by Gaisaph

Gaisaph

Shellcore

When do first party ports become Virtual Console?

ieatdragonz

@skywake This is exactly what I figured it to be, a filling out direct to fill out the months ahead. Hell I was incredibly surprised at the fact that South Park is in APRIL. April was definitely going to be a weak month so I am content with this direct. April May June July and August all now have at least ONE game that is worth it, either to me or someone else.

E3 is the second half of the year. Yoshi Fire Emblem Smash and whatever else they have will be new. Second half of the year I can only possibly see one Wii U port.

Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations

WebHead

Hyrule warriors I don’t think is about mother chance though. Just cashing in on leftover BOTW hype.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

CaPPa

I wasn't aware that Kirby, Mario Tennis, Okami, Dark Souls, Travis Strikes Back, Octopath Traveller, Undertale or South Park were on the Wii U.

The only Wii U ports I saw were Captain Toad and Hyrule Warriors.

CaPPa

TuVictus

@YummyHappyPills Haha, it'd definitely be fun to watch

Also, I didn't even realize the gyro was how they were replacing the touch screen for Captain Toad. Seems like a cool solution. I enjoyed that game way more than I ever thought I would. Could never beat the final bonus level though, with the mummies

TuVictus

NaviAndMii

skywake wrote:

I doubt they'll be focusing on the 3DS at E3

I can't remember which game it was off the top of my head, but one of the 3DS titles shown in yesterdays Direct was pencilled in for a 2019 release - which all but confirms that there's life in the old dog yet! ..I agree that the 3DS probably won't be their 'focus' at E3, but I'm pretty sure that it'll get some love - after all, it just had its most successful January in 5 years (and fills a nice little niche at the 'budget' end of the market) - if there's demand, it'd be silly to cut supply (..then again, this is the same company that cut supply of the NES Classic well before demand was satisfied, so who knows? )

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

link3710

This release schedule is going to kill me personally. I mean, we've got South Park (been holding off for the inevitable Switch release ever since I found out M&R was made in Snowdrop), Hyrule Warriors (also held off on buying Legends to see if there'd be a Switch port), Donkey Kong: TF (one of the few Wii U titles I missed), Dark Souls Remastered (never played the series before), Mario Tennis Aces, Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy, Octopath Traveler, and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Which... I may or may not get with so many other games coming out, since I've actually played this one, I just want to replay it). All within 10 weeks of each other. That's almost one title a week, and ignoring Owlboy, Street Fighter Anniversary, Harvest Moon, Fallen Legion, and any other games that get announced between now and then.

link3710

ieatdragonz

@NaviAndMii Lets be real the 2019 title is Mario Luigi Bowser's Inside Story remake so its easy with the engine already being there and it being a safe bet, if it has a single other first party Nintendo game I would be surprised

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.