Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch? More like the Nintendo Port U.

Posts 241 to 252 of 252

Lethal

Gamer83 wrote:

@Lethal
Point is, even for what are considered the best systems, great games take time. I'm as big a PlayStation fan as there is and I was regretting the PS4 purchase to an extent for the first couple years. Switch on the other hand has had one of the best first years ever, Nintendo has balanced things very well.

I do not agree though. PS4 had plenty of new games in the first year and the ports were mixed in with new IPs and new games. The Switch does not have enough new game flow to compensate for the amount of ports from the previous generation. At no point did I feel like Sony was just tossing out PS3 ports to boost the games library on the PS4. That is exactly what I feel Nintendo is doing.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Gamer83

@Snaplocket
Yeah, this. I'd actually argue if not for a few games, the PS4's first year was garbage, especially on the exclusives front. Even most of the big multiplats were so-so. The best games were The Last of Us Remastered, and GTA V. Ports that were definitely used to boost the library's quality. I just listed 6 games two of which are among the highest reviewed games of all-time and released just eight months apart and people are still complaining. Nothing Nintendo can do will ever satisfy some.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Lethal

Snaplocket wrote:

@Lethal I think Gamer83 meant GOOD exclusives. Not crud like Knack. What you're saying is a blatant lie.

My opinion is a blatant lie? Whatever man. Pointless to even have a discussion with you.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Heavyarms55

"WAHHHHH BOO-HOO! I don't like ports and I don't care if you do! WAHHHH!" - This is all I hear when you people throw your complaint fests about ports. You can always go play mobile games or get a PS4 or PC instead. Because, I mean there are no ports on those platforms!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

LzWinky

Can we just look at the ports coming to Switch?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Rayman Legends
Lego City Undercover
Pokken Tournament
Bayonetta 1 and 2
Hyrule Warriors (though with 3DS content)
Donkey Kong TC

I mean, that's not exactly a lot...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Aozz101x

why are people upset that 3rd parties are getting ports? shouldnt we ( beside most that own these on PS4/PC/XBONE) be glad they are coming? (Doom and Skyrim for Example, were not on the Wii U.)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Rayman Legends
Lego City Undercover
Pokken Tournament
Bayonetta 1 and 2
Donkey Kong TC

out of all of the Wii U ports. MK8D, Zelda and Lego City Undercover are the only switch ports that i own (every other Wii U games that i got has not: because...)
A: not been ported.
B: Has been ported on 3DS only.

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

EvilLucario

TheLZdragon wrote:

Can we just look at the ports coming to Switch?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Rayman Legends
Lego City Undercover
Pokken Tournament
Bayonetta 1 and 2
Donkey Kong TC

I mean, that's not exactly a lot...

Well there's Captain Toad, though Rayman Legends is third-party so it evens out. Anyway, let's compare with the original games:

• BotW
  • ARMS
  • Splatoon 2
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Odyssey
  • Xenoblade 2
  • Kirby
  • Mario Tennis
  • Smash Bros
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Fire Emblem 16
  • Pokemon
  • Retro Studios' game
  • Monolith Soft's action RPG

I even deliberately excluded third-party games like Mario + Rabbids, Octopath, and Bayonetta 3 (Fire Emblem Warriors is more second-party since it's published by Nintendo in the west). Yup, that line-up is pretty dang good, and the ports help bolsters that number even further. The ratio of Nintendo ports to original games is perfectly fine imo.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

@EvilLucario Probably the best part about that? Compared to the Wii U launch year, we've received more original Nintendo published titles, and that includes Art Academy: Sketchpad, Dr. Luigi, Game and Wario and SING Party. So... they've managed more original titles for Switch, while also porting over a number of amazing Wii U titles.

Technically, there's Snipperclips Plus, Yoshi (2018), Sushi Striker, Labo, and 1-2 Switch too for original Nintendo published titles on the Switch.

link3710

mowerdude

@EvilLucario Super Smash Bros will also more than likely just be a port of the Wii U and maybe the 3Ds version combined. So why do you think it is a new Smash?

I own a Wii U and a Switch, and now I wish I had waited to pickup a Switch for a Price drop in a few years since almost every game that is coming out for it is just another port of a Wii U game that I already own.

mowerdude

link3710

@mowerdude You do realize that Brawl was built by porting Melee and adding stuff, and Smash 4 was built by porting Brawl and adding stuff right? Besides, all signs pointed to development being underway before patches on Smash 4 finished based on the data in the last couple, as well as job hirings and interviews at the time. Given that it's been in development probably as long as Brawl and Smash 4 were... why would it be a port?

link3710

EvilLucario

And besides, you don't call Splatoon 2 a port just because it's so similar to Splatoon 1, right?

Even if it WAS a Smash 4 DX, that's pretty much what a Smash 5 is already. And what Smash 4 was to Brawl. Add new content, build off what you had before... yeah.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

mowerdude

@Snaplocket @link3710 Weather it's a port of Smash 4 or a New game makes no difference to me because I am just not really in to Smash bros series, so I will pass on picking it up on release day. If I do pick it up it will have to be on sale for at least half price before I would even consider it. That's how much I care for Smash, but if Nintendo released a new Mario 2d platformer that would be a day on purchase for me.

mowerdude

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.