Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 13,341 to 13,360 of 15,210

nf_2

@Nicolai Sure, but what I'm suggesting is that actually performing the attack during that sequence would drain stamina. Activating it shouldn't.

I highly disagree that all attacks should cost stamina. That's a bit much.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

-Green-

That would basically be the Stamina System in a game like Dark Souls. I'm not sure how that would work out, but I do sort of like some of that system.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

meleebrawler

The main drawback to flurries is eating away rapidly at your durability (especially if you foolishly keep attacking after the enemy's health reached zero), like the Astra skill in Fire Emblem. That's your ''attack stamina''. Pretty much everything becomes a non-issue or "broken" once your pockets and health are deep enough, though. Enterprising players can find a number of ways to cause equivalent amounts of damage with fewer weapon uses than a flurry would; the latter is just faster.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Thumbsofsteel

So looks like dlc pack 2 will officially contain a new dungeon and an original story amongst other things. Was this confirmed beforehand? I just found this out now.

Thumbsofsteel

SKTTR

I started Master Mode, and I'm 22 shrines in, just collecting materials and farming rupees for all the armor.

The new floating platforms are in so many locations, mostly around towers, mountains, and bridges, and they're all with an extra treasure chest. The ones that are closer to bridges have Bokblins that can jump from the platform onto the land, the higher ups are usually equipped with a bow.

It seems as long as you've got some arrows you can shoot their balloons and drop them down (easy kill when above water) or just get the chest.

I've seen some hordes have grown in unit numbers and they all regenerate energy. Not Keese (bats) or other minor enemies (they seem to be just like in Normal Mode). It's the Bokblins, Moblins, etc. that have changed.

It's probably for the best when I travel to the best weapon spawn locations soon. Even a single blue Bokblin is a real threat in the beginning of Master Mode. Also, any shrine with a guardian inside is now harder, while all the puzzle shrines remain the same as in the normal mode.

I really need to get that Flurry Rush working better, or I'll have a lot of problems.
The Flurry Rush thing is, you really have to learn it by giving the enemy a chance to hit you.
I was hesistant, but from what I gather, you're not playing BotW properly if you don't get down with the Flurry.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

erv

I'm on the fence about master mode. I still need to complete the sword trials. I failed the beginner once because I forgot that I don't have a fairy equipped so thought I was good

Maybe after unlocking the master sword I'll go the master mode route. I'd like the game to be a bigger challenge combat / survival wise.

I'm curious how much faster you're going through the game now you have some knowledge of your world at the ready?

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

rallydefault

@SKTTR
Yea, Flurry Rush is essential on Master Mode. But it is a scary proposition, because if you mistime the button press, you're probably gonna die against most things until mid-game.

rallydefault

Eel

For the master sword trials, you can apparently eat for a good long lasting buff before going in and it will remain active.

30 minutes of Defense +++ sounds like a good one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

nf_2

@Meowpheel I found that out on accident when a stamina wheel buff carried over from my previous run to the next. Of course, the buffs don't stack so you'll need to make sure you don't overwrite the one you wanted to keep.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

Hallonblad

Hi all! Sorry if this has been answered already, but.
My sheika sensor let me know that there apparently is a treasure chest in the Lost Woods when doing the Trial of Wood. It is located outside of the fence so I can't get to it, or even see it from the ground or tree tops. Anyone know what chest I've stumbled upon and how to get it?
I figured it would be a metallic chest in order to let me grab it, but even with magnesis activated I can't locate the sneaky thing.

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

Maxz

@Meowpheel Yeah, I tried this out and it works. You can also carry any yellow hearts into it (although it may be more sensible to just swap your stamina gauge to max out the hearts instead).

Worth noting that there's an ice segment in the final trials though, which would cancel out any buffs if you decide to go down the food route for staying warm. It is possible to use your fire weapons for this instead, or light hundreds of fires with them and just stay within range their heat radius, but it can be a bit more fiddly.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

SKTTR

@Hallonblad

First you should have the shrine activated so you can teleport there.
From there on it's easier to reach the chest.
The path west from the swamp area.
There's a way through a thorny passage.
PS. Don't go over the fences. Doing that will only summon "the fog".

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Nin10dad

So this is pretty cool, not sure if it's been covered here or not but hey, share the love, that's what I always say!

Also, just to clarify, not my work!

And for those who don't wish to watch a 2 min video, to recharge the master sword instantly - when you get a notification that the master sword is running low on energy, fast travel to the trials of the master sword, enter any trial and then warp out.
Voila, master sword recharged.

Edited on by Nin10dad

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Nicolai

@G0dlike "Starting and leaving the Trial of the Sword automatically recharges your Master Sword."

There, I just saved everyone two minutes of video-watching. There's really no reason to see it played out.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Nin10dad

Wow! Just trying to give credit and a few hits to the guy who took time to make the video!!! @Nicolai

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Nicolai

@G0dlike I guess I don't think the video deserved credit. I just see way too many clickbait Breath of the Wild videos with little content. Many of them have titles like "What happens when you ________," and the answer ends up being nothing. I guess your video was useful information, but it led me to believe that I actually had to be shown how to do it, so I stuck with it till the end, only to find out that it was intuitive and unnecessary. For a 2 minute video, it sure felt like it took a long time.

I might say condense the video, but if it's already only two minutes, I'd say such information doesn't belong in a standalone video. Maybe an article, or a list of ten cool tricks.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Nin10dad

Fair enough, I actually agree with what you are saying about BoTw click bait. Just to clarify, the video wasn't created, edited or uploaded by me, it literally has nothing to do with me whatsoever. I just, personally, found it quite insightful and just wanted to share it with the community. @Nicolai

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

KirbyTheVampire

Did anyone else find the Beginning Trials way more difficult than the Middle Trials? I died several times in the beginning ones, but I breezed through the middle ones without dying once.

KirbyTheVampire

Nicolai

@G0dlike Oh, that's good! If it was actually made by you, I would have felt terrible! But posting your own videos is frowned upon on this site anyway, so I assumed it wasn't.

Got married.

Undead_terror

Apparently little o'l mii rather start Mustard mode then find all the seeds and finish the rest of normal mode...SO BE IT?, welp I killed my first Lynel earlier, no deaths so far for o'l undead.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic