Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 13,361 to 13,380 of 15,210

Ryu_Niiyama

So I've been really busy and I had a lofty goal of getting all the shrines before getting to Ganon but I just decided to go in the Sanctum on my lunch break. OH MY GOODNESS. I remember this feeling, this sense of giddy anxiety that makes my heart race and an involuntary grin break out on my face. The first time I felt it was OoT after listening to Ganon taunt me with his organ playing as I made my way to his inner sanctum.

I love that they seamlessly merged the mythos of man and malice... and that ganon just said "screw it" on reincarnating. I think he decided that since he failed at being a king as both Demise and as Ganondorf that now he was just gonna kill everybody. It also makes me wonder if ganon infected a stillborn Gerudo male and made him into Ganondorf (since the red hair thing is a hold over from Demise) or if he just forced a Gerudo expecting a child to give birth to him. Either way Urbosa's disdain for him is extra poignant now. I made it to the horseback portion before my lunch ended but wow I am just blown away so far.

Edit: Took a quick break and finished it...DO NOT MESS WITH HYLIA...um I mean Zelda. Well done Aonuma-san and co, well done.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Haru17

Haha, you should really do the final boss in one go...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Luna_110

I began BotW yesterday and it's been great! The only problem is getting used to the controls - I keep pressing B to attack instead of X, I shouldn't have replayed the older games before this one.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

shadow-wolf

Does anyone have tips on exploring (specifically discovering places you previously have not explored) without the use of Hero's Path? I would really like to explore every bit of the world. The Hero's Path would've been super useful, but I don't want to spend money on the DLC just for that feature. Has anyone tried exploring the world and keeping track of where they have/haven't been without the Hero's Path (like before The Master Trials DLC came out)?

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Ryu_Niiyama

@MegaTen That association with the earlier games is deliberate. Although I'm still firmly in the camp of Zelda has always been open world, just limited by tech and BOTW while FANTASTIC isn't anything new to the series...its just bigger and more refined. Reminds me of the switch presentation when they stated the hardware designers took all of the previous Nintendo systems and drew inspiration from them. Honestly I'm fairly certain that is why I love the Switch so much; like BOTW I can see the influences of its past but it has come together into a very refined, cohesive, modern package.

@shadow-wolf I just move through the map in zones. I wander all over one section and then once I'm done/bored I head to another section and do it all over again. Plus I use the stamps for everything.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

bezerker99

Ninety two shrines and 168 Korok Seeds found, I decided to make my way towards Hyrule Castle and take on Ganon. Fun game!! Now that I've seen the ending I'm going back and doing some unfinished sidequests and upgrading. Hoping to get the DLC once payday gets here.

Old_Goat_Ninja

@shadow-wolf You could always print out a map and cross off where you've been. I never got DLC, so I don't know what Hero's path is, but I also enjoyed exploring the world. Found some pretty neat places that I don't think would of ever been found without aimless wandering.

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

Biff_ARMStrong

@KirbyTheVampire Yep! Especially in Master Mode. The beginner Trials are by far the hardest since you get weaker weapons and less food. Floor 10 on master mode you must use the sneak strike method on one of the Lizalfos, and the "Hit 3 times, then zap em with the thunderod, repeat, spin for the win technique." on the other one. After Floor 10 beginner the trials get easier as you go

Edited on by Biff_ARMStrong

Biff_ARMStrong

blaisedinsd

So far Master Mode has been made pretty easy by Majoras mask. What a great over powered item that is.

So far only wizrobes and guardians have attacked me.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Yasaal

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Wow you're really fast in the news...

Currently Watching: Psycho-Pass

Currently Playing: -

My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

JasmineDragon

A tip for those who in the USA and looking for BOTW Amiibo - Target seems to have a policy of locking the more collectable Amiibo in a separate cabinet, away from the others. I found a complete set of BOTW at Target including Wolf Link and the Guardian, along with Bayonetta, Cloud and Corrin.

The really surprising thing is I first saw them there two weeks ago, the day before leaving on a big family trip, so I reluctantly did the mature thing and didn't buy any. Today I went back and was VERY surprised to see they were all still there except for one Wolf Link. I grabbed the last remaining wolf, the one I wanted most. I would love to have the Guardian and Bayonetta too, but my wife would kill me.

Seems to me that they are just hanging around because nobody sees them, so it might be worth checking your local Target.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

OorWullie

The first news post and items are available now. Wii U owners are going to be furious when they find out what they're missing out on.

Apples
A piece of meat

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Undead_terror

Ya I couldn't see anything major be part of the spotpass thing, it's ok if they did something like Hyrule Warriors Legends with the spotpass packs, but they got no fairies this time around so0o0o0o, would be neat for people to try out a amiibo weapon or something, people need to know the glory of what 8 bit Lonk gives,

Untitled

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

SKTTR

Yep, the first News Link for BotW Ver 1.3.1 Switch is available.

This Switch News Channel for BotW is game director Hidemaro Fujibayashi elaborating on some trick in the game, explaining how to befriend dogs at stables, and gives us a link that boots up the game and provides items that help.

You get 2x Apple, 1x Meat for free, falling from the sky similar to what an amiibo does - but as often as you like, a thousand times a day if you wish.

If you have the game on standby while clicking the News Link the game asks to restart, so you better save your amazing meat and apples. It's not worth the time and hassle, at least not for those items (an advanced player can farm hundreds of them in less time).

If you're new to the game you might benefit a little from the free goodies and tips. The advanced player though, who is just completing the game again on master mode, is probably not expected to get much news or usefulness out of that feature.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

SKTTR

I also heard that Version 1.3.1 fixed some more bugs & glitches.

The first thing I do after every update is to check for the glitched chests in Hateno Village and Phirone and the one near the one in Phirone that is stuck underwater in the bay of the ocean. The buggy treasure chests are still there.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

shadow-wolf

Anyone else wish Breath of the Wild took more advantage of the Zelda lore and the events of previous games?

One of my favorite things when it was shown off last year was seeing the Temple of Time abandoned, with its amazing music. The music really felt like it was signifying a bygone era. I was hoping there would be similar moments throughout the game, but Breath of the Wild really didn't take advantage of that too much. A couple of references to events and locations in previous games would've made a big difference IMHO.

@SKTTR Do you know if frame rate was improved at all? I have the Wii U version, and while I doubt it'll happen I'm still hoping for a frame rate boost to a more constant 30 fps.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic